1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House Investigation thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 6, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

mojoman's cartoons are getting less and less interesting as he has to dig deeper to find humor in what trump has done to America...

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Serious question. Is @MojoMan a real life left winger who plays a shitck trying to make conservatives look like idiots or has he just given up on all forms of persuasive arguments in trying to defend this current adminstration and he's just gasping for his last breaths while swinging at air?

Or is he one of those "lol you care too much so Im going try to trigger you for the lulz" type poster? It's one of those three options.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. one could also argue nerf's tweets are also getting less and less interesting as he has to dig deeper to find tragedy in what trump has done to America... ;)

4. fchowd0311

I believe your read in inaccurate and most likely insincere anyways.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't follow your meaning here

[​IMG]

No Worries likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

7. NewRoxFan

8. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, this is exactly their position.

This is what I mean when I say that over the last 19 years we have seen an unhealthy growth in executive power. GW Bush greatly expanded executive authority. Obama ran on transparency and curtailing executive authority. Obama had an opportunity to return executive authority to pre Bush levels but he did not, he only increased it. Now Trump has taken dynamite to separation of powers and checks and balances.

Right now all the Trumpophiles think it is great, and Republicans are going along with it.......... but how are they going to feel when someone that is a strong leftist takes the White House and exercises such authority or even expands it? It isn't healthy for the country, and sometimes principle should come before party.

Rashmon likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

That is unhinged but having the attorney for the President say that no one has the authority to investigate a President is perfectly peachy? think about the implications.

10. HTM

HTM Member

I only nibble around the edges of the morass that are the threads associated with the Russia Investigation/Trump v. Democrats... I don't want to dive in...I consider a lot of it a waste of time.... I do find it funny when people make outrageous claims Kingship/fascism/end of Democracy... etc.. etc..

MojoMan likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

I don't like hyperbole or "reaching either".

I am not one that believes that the sky is falling, but having a lawyer of the President of the United States of America argue that a President cannot be investigated while in office for crimes IS something that is somewhat alarming and that can cause serious issues or concerns later, and that has nothing to do with democrat or republican.

12. HTM

HTM Member

I mean, I'm not familiar with the statements you're speaking about. Like I said, I don't follow this stuff as much as others. I imagine Trump's attorney will advocate for him the best he can. It seems like Mueller launched and developed a lengthy and thorough investigation and it seems like it got the job done.

13. NewRoxFan

One problem... its not trump's personal lawyer. Its the United States Attorney General, who is acting as trump's personal attorney and not as the chief law enforcement officer of the United States.

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

15. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, I figured there might be some sort of disingenuous "gotcha" type thing there. Like I said, as far as I can tell, Bob Mueller was appointed, carried out the investigation, completed the investigation and came to a conclusion with regards to collusion and left any investigatory crimes up to Congress to deal with. Seems like the system worked fairly well.

16. NewRoxFan

First, I haven't complained about the Mueller investigation. I do think barr intentionally mislead people with his summary of the report. By doing so he acted not as the chief law enforcement officer of the country but rather the personal attorney of trump.

And second... what "disingenuous gotcha type of thing" are you referring to?

17. fchowd0311

It's a gotcha because obviously it's common sense that the United States Attorney general would obviously be the President's private lawyer.o_O

Obviously there is no such thing as a White House Special Counsel...

Even they aren't his personal lawyers but rather give him legal advice on Presidental legality not on personal criminal matters.

18. fchowd0311

So why do you feel so confident in your claims and lash out at people with "that's a gotcha moment" when they are trying to correct you?

19. HTM

HTM Member

Nook asserted to me that it was the "attorney for the President" saying it wasn't proper to investigate him... I would imagine the personal attorney for Trump would advocate all and any position to shield him... that's standard... that's different than the AG saying the same thing.

Then going, "but oh wait, it's not the personal attorney for Trump, it's actually the AG!" - :rolleyes:

#319 HTM, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
  20. HTM

HTM Member

That's not what happened. Do you have anything to do besides follow me around and make unhinged post after unhinged post?