1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House Intel committee votes to release Nunes memo - CNNPolitics

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jan 29, 2018.

1. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

edwardc likes this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nunes, Trump's fan boy in the House is releasing a memo that Trump's own justice department says is reckless - releasing it without releasing the democrat memo which counters many of the claims in the Republican one.

This is a disturbing farce. It's not just that really this is clearly a type of politics we have yet to see in this country, we're seeing Putin's master plan come to fruition - a constitutional crisis.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Your like three threads too late dude.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's a good point, but it was verified by legitimate news organizations so it's okay.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I don't care how reckless it is, as a US citizen I have the right to know what the hell is going on and if the FBI they abusing their powers to spy on people.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, you don't have the right to know what is in classified documents. That doesn't mean that those documents can't be declassified in order to shed light on abuses by the FBI or DOJ.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Yet you don't want to know everything, just Trump's filtered version. Okay.

Sounds like you don't want to know anything, that you just want something damaging to Mueller to be released to undermine the investigation.

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/29/16948382/house-vote-trump-russia-release-the-memo

You're a effing commie

#8 Sweet Lou 4 2, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    edwardc likes this.
  8. cml750

cml750 Member

I suspect what we will find out is that the FISA warrants were denied until the Steels dossier was used to obtain them. Yes they may have had more information but I am betting we will find out it was not enough to obtain the warrants which were denied before the dossier was added to them. Chances are that unverified opposition research by a political candidate was used by the FBI to bolster their attempt to get FISA warrants to spy on the target of the unverified research. If that is the case and you do not understand the difference and the significance then there is no hope for you.

#9 cml750, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Dark Rhino likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

They was a lot of other evidence to get those FISA warrants. They weren't denied. You are speculating.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nunes has refused to answer whether the White House was involved in writing this memo. Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

This is a guy who has staged stuff before and here we are again

Hakeemtheking and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. edwardc

edwardc Member

As long as it doesn't get any agents hurt or killed and not a matter of national security release them.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

So we have the Director of the FBI, a Trump appointee releasing a statement that the Nunes memo should not be released because it is inaccurate. The State Department is against releasing the Nunes memo. Nunes hasn't even seen the information the memo is based on. Nunes will not answer the question whether the White House wrote the memorandum. The Republicans voted to let the Nunes memo be disclosed, but not the other memo.

Oh yeah, this is completely on the up and up.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can only hope that most folks won't be duped by the inaccurate Nunes memo. I think right now it's up in the air which is less reliable the Nunes memo or the Steele Dossier.

14. cml750

cml750 Member

I find it really interesting that you actually call the Nunes memo flat out inaccurate when it has not even been released yet while you have taken the stance on the Steele Dossier that it holds some credibility do to parts of it being verified. Given your stance on the Steele Dossier, it seems you would be open to the Nunes memo being accurate.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  15. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

House intel committee

[​IMG]

edwardc and Rashmon like this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Nunes memo is inaccurate not based on anything I know about it but based on what the FBI knows about it.

The fact that I'm comparing rather than simply contrasting it with the Steele dossier, it means that I have to believe to some extent that it is also inaccurate. While we do know that some parts of the Steele Dossier have been verified, we will have to wait and see about the Nunes memo.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Most conservatives will say “Ah ha, I knew it”. Most liberals will say “Not true, biased account and cherry picking info”.

Nook likes this.
  18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

All the liberals have to do is say what's misleading.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Based on the fact it is based on classified information, that will be tricky to do. And, once they do, the conservatives will say “not true” and the liberals will reply “is too”.

edwardc and Nook like this.