1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House Epic Fail Late Game Situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by palmsnbananas, Aug 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

OKC down 2 Harden with 5 fouls - everyone in the building knows CP3's going to go at harden and likely blow right by him and we need to give up the easy two so we can have the last shot to win the game, miss sends to overtime no pressure, no fouls no 3's, house leaves his man 20 feet away to give fake help on CP3 who's not as dumb as him and clearly only wants someone to help so he can pass it for a chance to win the game. Inexcusable for a player and frankly for the coaching staff, that is worse than high school or YMCA level coaching. Absolutely mentally r#$@%*!

Even after that, OKC gave up a bad foul and gave house 2 free throws to win the game, as mind boggling as that is, and he missed one.

That is the reason we lost that game, not harden fouling out, not some foul on CP3 when were down 12 in overtime, not because the refs have a conspiracy against us, not because BMac got hit in the nads.

If you don't realize that your just as dumb as D house in crunch time.

Not to mention in overtime House leaving his man 20 feet away from him to get an offensive rebound and they hit a 3, and then again on a wide open rebound he tips the ball to Galinari then fouls him for an additional 2 pts. Literally the worst playoff endgame sequence I have ever seen in my entire life by a single player.. at least 5 nearly consecutive losing plays that could have ended a series and allowed you to get rest and game plan for the Lakers in the next round.

.... but props to him for the W in game 2 ;)

2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah, I hate to pick on one guy, but that was a major screw up.

3. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Everyone in the building knew cp3 was gonna walk pass Harden for a layup? I know House screwed up leaving his man but, my God, it's disheartening to see how little effort Harden puts in his perimeter defense sometimes. Cp3 knows this too and that's why he made sure to get James switched on him.

If James is just gonna let everyone get a free pass to the rim without resistance because of foul trouble then it's on the coach to sub him out in those situations.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

He had 5 fouls. Stop.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

This loss is 1. Dantoni 2. Tucker 3. Gordon
    And I love those guys.....but inbounds plays like that are inexcusable. We had the game won...

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

No the play was Chris Paul gets a free run at the rim but GREEN leaves DORT to contest because Dort can't shoot.

There was absolutely zero reason House wasn't glued on his guy.

It was Harden let's Paul go by, Green contest and the Harden run to Dort

7. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Absolutely wrong... the 100 % correct thing to do in that situation is always to not foul/body up someone on the perimeter because of the chance of a 3 pt play, 1000 out of 1000 times you do not foul and put up some resistance and if the guy gets by you, you give up the 2pt to take the game winning shot. 100 out of 100 times, 1000 out of 1000 times. Never do you even get remotely close to fouling the other team when your up 2 pts and never do you give up a 3ptr. That is an absolute FACT

8. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Absolutely correct, these plays aren't just random people playing at LA Fitness with no plan. There is a plan and one person and/or coach failed 'bigly' in a very simple situation.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You didn't even include the fact that Green was already under the rim contesting the play. House knew he screwed up, you could see it in his body language. That was a rookie mistake. Not sure we can pin that one on the coaching staff. Things happen in a split second with switching defense and House flinched the wrong way.

Bo6, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

I don't put that one on House, I put it on MDA. Robert Covington was reduced to a cheerleader during the most important segment of the entire game. Sometimes it seems like MDA doesn't even realize which guys are on the floor and which are on the bench.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why didn’t Roco get minutes? I didn’t catch why.

Sanctity, Bo6, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah I’m curious about this too. I don’t think Covington makes the same defensive lapses as House if he’s in the game.

Sanctity, Bo6, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I will tell you why, he has zero ability on offense. He cant do a simple layup even with a open lane. Where as House can somewhat dribble and drive, same as Green

Im also not impressed with his perimeter defense this game, he actually gets beat quite easily by OKCs guards. House actually had more lateral quickness and was able to stay in front.

hakeem94 and palmsnbananas like this.
  14. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I saw Roco guarding schroeder in his grill on the 3 pt line multiple times which makes no sense as he is an awful 3 pt shooter and then Roco got blown by easily multiple times. If any player on planet earth should know how to defend schroeder it should be Roco and/or PJ who are the so called defensive stoppers, we know their only job is to study OKC's offense.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Who cares. House is a role player. When youre penny pinching you are bound to be stuck with a roster full of low iq budget players like house, mclemore, shumpert.

Little Bit and hakeem94 like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

RoCo played 19 minutes, and House played 41. That's simply not going to work.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wait there was legit no foul trouble or injury? The guy we traded Clint and a 1st for played under 20 minutes in a playoff game with WB injured??

**** me.

juanm34 and hakeem94 like this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

RoCo finished with 4, House with 3. Earlier in the game, it might have made sense to sit RoCo with 4 fouls. In the last few minutes with the game on the line? No.

D-rock likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not only did he not play in the last 5 minutes of the 4th, he didn't play a single minute in overtime... even when Harden fouled out.

I mean, if WB is out, if Harden is out, and RoCo is STILL benched in a playoff game with House, Rivers and Jeff Green on the court ....where he isn't injured in foul trouble... serious failure.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Maybe he needs a seat on the front row where MDA can see him.