1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hours after Trump signs Muslim ban, Texas mosque goes up in flames

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jan 28, 2017.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Holy ****, the irony

joshuaao, R0ckets03 and DudeWah like this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

There is no such thing as a Muslim Ban so your thread should be locked or title changed. This is classic fake post and fake news and I'm seeing the words Muslim Ban all over the damn place. Very predictable and reckless.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's the title of the article, from Reddit.

The ban is for citizens from seven Muslim majority countries (Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen) in the Middle East with the exception of those seeking refugee status for religious persecution. This allows the US to ban Muslims, seeking asylum or not, while still allowing in Christian refugees.
    It effectively only bans Muslims in those countries, and QED should be described as a Muslim ban.
    Other Muslim majority countries that have done business with the Trump business empire were excluded.

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

You could use a better argument like : "Do you remember the clock assembled by that Black muslim kid! it may finally exploded in the mosque..."

5. ipaman

tldr; version of your post - There is no such thing as a Muslim Ban.

Just be honest, people are overreacting and flat out lying about what is actually in the executive order. These protestors, as usual, have no idea what they are even protesting for or about.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You honestly don't find anything prejudicial in a policy that would allow Christians and other minority religions to receive priority over Muslims?

joshuaao and DudeWah like this.
  7. Exiled

Exiled Member

I looked at it from a different perspective, the US is responsible for Iraq/Afghanistan/Libya refugee crisis .What's taking place is not securing the boarder rather than escaping from responsibility

8. ipaman

non-Americans don't have American rights so no rights are violated. that said, there is some prejudice only if you accept this order as a muslim ban which many are doing(including media hype/lying) but is not the case. on what it really is, refugee temporary ban from certain countries, then no it's not prejudice. you could argue that the Cuban policy was prejudice or that accepting refugees from those 7 countries is prejudice against other immigrants applying for American papers who are waiting in line. does anybody cares about them being cut in the queue?

honestly the best thing that can happen with this shitstorm is the government finally fixes our awful, inefficient naturalization/papers process.

9. ipaman

If the US was responsible or held responsible for all the **** we've ever done we'd all be speaking Japanese or Native American tongues right now. Sayonara and Nágoóneeʼ

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You didn't read what I said. I wasn't applying U.S. constitutional rights... but pointing out the executive order was prejudicial against a people solely due to their religion. Again, you don't have a problem with that?

And sure, if Trump went to the Congress with a request to review and improve the naturalization process... no complaint. But instead, he poops out this horrible idea as an executive order. It doesn't even target the countries where terrorists attacked the United States. Foolish.

11. ipaman

Without context, I very much have a problem with that. With a context of today's world..., only a little. I'm not happy about it but I'm not happy about a lot of things going on in the world.

Trump couldn't begin to attack the naturalization/permresident problems we have in this country even if he wanted to. he's too stupid to understand and offer solutions. the experts who have been in Washington for years who have failed and need to get this **** fixed and in front of our leaders.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Unfortunately, the actions by Trump and his mindless followers may lead to the radicalization of a heretofore peaceful Muslim citizenry in the US.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, yeah I'm sure THAT'S what is going to do it.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Exiled

Exiled Member

yea it's the reality but strategically you needs solid morals and appealing slogans to rally people behind especially those irrationals who are obsessed with sensible feelings ,well-being and values oh.. sadly they can't be deported

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't understand why some in here are trying to portray the USA as having some massive immigration/naturalization/vetting issue.

The only "immigration" issue we have is illegal immigration, mainly from countries below ours, not 2000 miles away.

It's really bizarre that some are trying to argue otherwise. Vetting of legal immigrants is a nonissue in this country.

16. ipaman

We do have a major problem with how long it takes to natural or receive permanent status for good honest working folks. That shouldn't be the case with today's technology.

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It takes a long time because we have thorough processes in place already.

But I'll bite. Let's say you're right that it's a "major problem" (it's not).

In your opinion banning muslims from target countries helps that how exactly?

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I don't see the situation as that explosive. I think the US muslim population will just keep on truckin.

You think US Muslims are that easily set off? If so that is something we should really be looking at.

19. ipaman

oh it doesn't at all but I only made the comment that the best thing that can come out of all of this hoopla is an overhaul of our naturlazation/permresident process. that is something very good that could come out of this.

and yes it's a problem, I've got family that waited for 7 years before they got the okay. tons of issues they ran into. also have a friend who was naturalized only to find out 20+ years later he actually wasn't and was here illegally. he voluntary went back home to central America on orders from INS to have it fixed leaving behind wife and 4 kids, all citizens, and his job. They told him would take about 24-48 hours. He was stuck there for almost a year before he could fly back home to Houston legally. lucky for him he ran/runs his own electrician business that he was able to pick up where he left off kind of. he's told me the story many times and he swears he thought he was never gonna be allowed back home, he was a broken man. so yea there's a lot of problems...

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sarcasm?

Rocket River