1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hotties and Jeremy Lin Tracker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by d12babymamas, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Asian Playboy

Asian Playboy Member

I'll jump in to chime in real quick because this is sort of my job...

But the media has quite a bit to do with whom we find attractive or unattractive (although there are obviously universal traits we consider appealing).

Jeremy is, by all definitions, at the apex of sexual pyramid: he's over 6 foot tall, famous, highly paid, in a prestigious sport, and he rocks six pack abs. Unless a girl has some sort of fetish for a particular type of guy, he is attractive (maybe not Chandler Parsons hot, but he's up there).

Now objectively speaking, he's an attractive alpha male and 90% of girls would give their left ovary to be with him. However, due to media perceptions, his attractiveness gets downgraded because he has to fight all the stereotypes and preconceptions women have of his Asian brethren.

It sucks, but that's reality and why I do what I do.

1 person likes this.
  2. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Your wife is wacist.

3. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

bet she just prefers Pat Bev, that's all. Let's not turn this into another . . . oops, wrong thread. :grin::grin:

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

Lin isn't Chinese, he's of Taiwanese descent... He's clearly no Takeshi Kaneshiro. I seriously doubt they're spending their time talking about how much they're swooning over the man's looks

5. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Let's be honest, if he met your wife and wanted her to run off with him, you would have no chance. She would sing a different tune if that happened. :eek:

6. pnr

pnr Member

Didn't Lin turn down a date with Kim Kardashian? I doubt he has trouble attracting the ladies.

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

Typical overzealous male-on-male idolizing for the purpose to vacariously self-aggrandize...

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

Neither did Keith Richards...

9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

The "Taiwanese" are ethnically Chinese. They only call themselves Taiwanese because the island they're on is known as Taiwan. When Dwight called Lin the Chinese Sensation, technically that's right.

Anyways, this isn't really a Hotties & Lin thread more than it is a Lin & Random chick thread.

10. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Guess you experienced something like that already.

11. Hmm

Hmm Member

What next? Going to pull an elitist Chinese take, dimiss the 2% aborigines and pretend Taiwan isn't a country?

Seriously, though... yes, this thread was just an excuse to post pictures of attractive and/or random women

12. mitbbs

mitbbs Contributing Member

In a video interview conducted by Elie Seckbach, he asked Lin how it felt to be representing so many people. Lin responded by stating, "It's humbling, a privilege, and a honor. I'm really proud of being Chinese, I'm really proud of my parents being from Taiwan. I just thank God for the opportunity."

13. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Men with millions of dollars and fame don't have any trouble attracting women.

14. cloud9

cloud9 Member

This is a really random and funny thread. xD Maybe Jeremy will release a youtube video addressing this next time if you guys keep bumping/keeping this thread on the first page. :D

15. torocan

torocan Member

Actually he's both.

His parents are from Taiwan, his grandparents are from Pingu, China.

Which is why both China and Taiwan have laid claim to him, and why Lin so deftly avoids the topic as much as possible.

As for the swooning part, you'd have to ask the girls. That said, he was recently rated the 2nd most popular Asian athlete on one list so you gotta figure some of the girls are checking him out.

http://thediplomat.com/asia-life/2013/11/top-ten-most-popular-asian-athletes/

16. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

No. Taiwan is not a Country. It's Republic of Chi.... back to topic, more pictures?

17. areyouserious

areyouserious Member

He is of Chinese descent since his grandparents are from china. His parents were born in Taiwan but technically, he's of Chinese descent.

18. corry

corry Member

Yeah sure he's no Channing Tatum and the quote "super high standards" maybe was a bit much but you're now comparing a movie star with an athlete?? I was just stating the fact he's got plenty of female fans who find him attractive that's all..

19. corry

corry Member

Wow and now your digging deep talking about skin breakouts and s**t. lol Just for your info since you mention it Parsons has a fair share of skin breakouts too :eek:

20. RRockets

RRockets Member

He is of Chinese descent. His grandma grandpa are from Zhejiang province, China. Last year Lin went there seeking his roots.