1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hotels in Pasadena, TX?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by haven, May 15, 2005.

1. haven

haven Member

I'm taking the bar exam this July. Unfortunately, the backwards fools at the Board of Law Examiners are only conducting a pilot program for laptop use (despite the fact that 99% of all law students use their laptops on their exams at school) at this point, which they only offer in Pasadena and Dallas, not Austin.

So, to avoid handwriting (my handwriting is execrable and I'm slow at it), I'm going to take the test in Pasadena. Could anyone recommend decent motels near the Pasadena Convention center? Proximity is more important than price or comfort.

Thanks a lot!

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

there should be several right in that area....check for a listing above the 5000 block of Spencer or Fairmont.

the Convention center is in the 8000 block IIRC...and they have been building some new hotels in the area from there towards the Beltway.

Sorry I cant give you specifics, I dont actually still live there....I just know they are there from driving through the area going to see family that stilll lives in Pasadena...

check here

http://www.greaterhouston.worldweb.com/PasadenaTX/WheretoStay/HotelsMotels/

actually.....after lookin at the link....you might be better off getting on in Deer Park....they are actually closer to where you want to go

http://www.greaterhouston.worldweb.com/DeerPark/WheretoStay/HotelsMotels/

#2 Rockets2K, May 15, 2005
    Last edited: May 15, 2005
  3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

The convention center is actually on the outskirts of Pasadena and basically on the border of Pasadena, La Porte and Deer Park. There have been 3 new hotels built in Deer Park on Center Street in the past couple of years, if I had a choice I would stay there. It's a simple 10 minute drive (lights) down Center Street to Red Bluff (convention center's street)... I know one of the hotels is a Best Western and I'm thinking the newest one is a Hampton Inn, but if you call information or check the web just look for Hotels in Deer Park on Center Street. All of them are pretty new and clean and nicer then most anything you'd find in Pasadena.

Good luck!

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Was I the only one that giggled when reading the thread title?

5. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

i...umm........ killed a man

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

"Hotels in Pasadena, TX?"

Don't you mean motels?

7. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

Where do you go to law school?

8. haven

haven Member

Until Saturday, I still "go" to UT law. Tuesday's my last final, Saturday is graduation.

9. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

That's a VERY good school. Congratulations to you. I wish you well.

10. haven

haven Member

THANKS! :)

And here I was expecting some school smack (based on your monicker).

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

memories...i took it in pasadena, too...that's the only place locally they offered it in February back in 2000.

i stayed at a motel out there...but i can't remember which one, so i'm not much help.

the pasadena convention center was actually a good place for the test...enough bathrooms and easy to get in and out of it.