1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hospital tells 275 lb woman to use Zoo MRI

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kaleidosky, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Nothing pisses the rest of the world off more than people with too much food complain how they can't stop eating it.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It pisses me off too.

I think about how fat we are in America, then I think of all the starving children in Africa, etc and it sickens me.

Makes me hate myself even more for eating all those fast food value meals.

We come from a land of plenty, and we were born into a society that told us things like "eat all the food on your plate, don't let it go to waste" instead of "heres your loaf of bread for the week"

But your tone is certainly the same bull**** as 3814's. Completely ignorant to the specific variances of each individual person.

Go eat a ****ing power bar and do your 600 ab crunches.

yes I wish I was you.

3. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

i donno. i'm probably going to take a of slack for this. i think morbid obesity is a self control issue. this is different than being overweight. it hard to keep from being overweight cuz i'm a little on the chubby size. but when you can walk, plus you have choice of what you can eat... you should not be MORBIDLY obese.

i walk about 30mins a day during the weekdays and i still have flab on my stomach. at my age, i'm not burning calories as fast as i use to, but there's a huge difference between being fat and morbidly obese. i'm willing to bet that anyone, if they just walked more and eat in smaller portions can prevent morbid obesity. the reason why i say this is cuz everyone walks in europe. i'm guilty of often driving to a mini-mart when it's only 2 blocks away. the car, processed food and laziness has become an addiction that's costing tax payers more than anything in terms of health care.

again, before you post... there's a difference between overweight and morbid obesity, 5'- 150lbs and 5'- 300". with the former, you sometimes can't be helped it. with the later you should take responsibility and either seek professional help or start taking the initiative. of course, this being america, you have a right to be morbidly obese, just don't complain about airplane seats not fitting. airlines and hospitals should be accommodating, but they should also be allowed to make a profit.

#63 Kyakko, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

My thing is people in this thread keep saying 'normal' like everybody should be the same and that is simply not true. I don't think anybody is 'normal' in the sense of the word.

I have nothing against bigger people. I don't think one has inconvenienced me in anyway that I know of. People want to say our taxes go to pay for their medical conditions and treatments but guess what, our tax dollars are spent on a lot more ridiculous things than just that.

My question is why do these people make some so angry that they must lambaste and criticize them every time they hear news about them? I won't lie, I've probably been guilty of this before myself and I know I was.....at least back in junior high. What have or did these people do to you that makes it OK for you to judge them? They don't live the same lifestyle you do? They do look as perfect as you do? They eat more and exercise less than you? What gives you the right? Well I guess everybody has the right to their own opinion but does it have to be filled with such hate and angst for something that doesn't concern you?

I'm kind of confused about moes. You made a 'Jabba' comment on the first page but it seem you are coming to defense of these people. :confused:

5. Yonkers

No matter what situation there is always going to be exceptions. I'm not going to sit here and write an opinion that includes contingencies for everyone in the world.
    If you have a medical condition then I hope you get better. My post was not pointed at you. If you're taking care of your sick mother 24/7 and don't have time to take care of yourself, I hope you both get better. My post was not directed at you. If you're in the process of trying to get better, good for you. And my post was not for you.
    However, if you're defending some 5ft 275lb woman who's insulted that the hospital hasn't spent the money for a special machine they might use twice a year then yes, all of it was for you. God forbid the hospital spend that money in the NICU on some people who can't help the condition they are in.

6. Fatty FatBastard

Look for a certain other poster's stance for your answer.

7. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Moes, there is no point discussing this with you if you are so hyper-sensitive about it.

Obviously you have an issue you need to deal with (and it seems to be much more than your weight). It's not my place to tell you what you're doing wrong, but pointing to anomalies on the other side of the spectrum as a b****ing point (skinny people who eat poorly) is ridiculous.

Yes, you might have it harder than some people, but that's not an excuse to stay overweight.

And yes, you might be overweight, but that's not a reason to hate yourself!

Go get some help man...I'd recommend starting by learning to love yourself, but you probably don't care what I have to say.

8. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

And which people are those. If you have cancer you should have lived somewhere besides an area infested with big chemical plants. Diabetes and heart have diet factors...If your family has breast cancer should you have your boobs lopped off at 25 as a preventative measure? If we only treat people who are completely "innocent" of complicity in the "condition" they are in..we should only have children's hospitals.

BTW I have dated on and off..and she is still one of my best friends a woman who is 5'4 375...she works tirelessly to make sure the sick, homeless and hungry get help. She has probably saved dozens of lives and made hundreds better, she is paid a pittance to do her job and has turned down numerous jobs which would pay MUCH better in the private sector. Course if some of you saw her all you would see is a lazy disgusting fatty.

Lil Pun, I think finalsbound is posting under Moes screen name. Finalsbound isn't fat by any stretch of a sane persons imagination(if myspace pics are to be believed)..but she is female and thus vulnerable to this society which makes anyone even an ounce over Ashley Olsen paranoid about being fat.

9. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Thanks

[​IMG]

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think it has something to do with Americans becoming less and less accountable for themselves. We seem to be living in an age where people say you're not in control of your economic status, how you think, and now your weight.

What are you in control of? It has really gotten bad when fat people are considered a "group".

11. Yonkers

You can be a wonderful person and still have huge flaws. But no, you guys don't admit they're flaws. It's absolutely normal to be like that.

12. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Who do propose should pay for the table? Are you willing to pay extra to help defray the cost of buying a table that costs several thousands of dollars more?

13. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Everybody has flaws...and obviously we should try to overlook them and see the good in people.

But there's still no reason to get hypersensitive when our flaws are exposed.

14. Yonkers

What flaw? :D

15. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Sure...and I am willing to pay for research into Sickle Cell Anemia even though I am unlikely to benefit from it. Same with AIDS research.

Or to get into a more "its their own fault" discussion..I am willing to pay for clean needles for junkies in needle exchange programs. There is plenty of federal money wasted on things worse than tables sturdy enough to support the fat.

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

well, I certainly hope you don't get *too* upset if someone points out what an insensitive ass you are being.

ftr....moes isn't even close to being fat in the sense that some of you see. Him being unhappy at his size is purely a function of the kind of insensitive crap being spewed by some in this thread.

I wont waste my time talking about my situation, cause honestly I dont give a rat's ass what you think of me....but then again, I don't go around expecting folks to excuse me for being 6'2"/245....if you think Im too fat to be treated like a normal human being you can blow me.

17. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Fat dudes are probably way less likely to get blown so you probably shouldn't get your hopes up. I don't have statistics, I'm just sayin'.

18. MayoRocket

I applaud your sense of civic duty (seriously), but I find it unlikely that the 1/3 of Americans who currently fit the description of obese would share your sense of responsibility. Also "willing to pay," is a LONG way away from actually paying, I think we all realize that.

The obese shouldn't be lumped into the category of smokers who get lung cancer, or alcoholics with cirrhotic livers, but sorry, the obese do not have a "right," to have people bend over backward because of their size.

19. MayoRocket

By the way, let me make it clear that EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE deserves healthcare. That is a right we should (but clearly do not) all have in a civilized, first world nation.

But, if the radiologist doesn't see the suspicious lesion that's a couple of millimeters in size because the patient is too big for the scanner to provide clear resolution, the blame for that lies squarely on the patient's shoulders.

20. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Guys, calm down. I don't think anyone here really hates fat people. Stop taking the ignorant/herd comments so personally. (FWIW, I'm probably the most morbidly obese person on the board).