1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horry's shot (and his 3 pt shooting in this year's playoffs)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JBIIRockets, May 14, 2003.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Ok, how shocked were you that he missed?

I am still in disbelief. That is the first time I have seen him fail in a situation like that, and the ball still went halfway down.

Since Horry did so well for the Rockets, I always root for former championship Rocket players, so I was hoping he would hit that shot.

I can't believe he missed. And his reaction afterwards was so unfamiliar.

Horry is 2-35 fron 3 in these playoffs, 0-15 against the Spurs. and yet the Lakers still have a great chance to win this series.

Despite those numbers from Horry, I would still take him back if the Lakers didn't keep him.

2. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I don't know what's up with Horry but his shot isn't looking too good. I wouldn't mind taking him back, but what's up with him??

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can't help but root for Horry, there is just to much history. I hope he can pick his game up a notch and go out strong.

4. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I can help but root for him. I can't root for any of the Lakers, former Rockets or not. God how I hate the Lakers...

5. lalala902102001

When I saw Kobe pass that ball to a wide open Horry, I thought it was over. We have seen this way too many times. But guess what? He missed! :D This is a very bad sign for the lakers.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

7. Asian Sensation

Bob has become a very dirty player as of late which makes it kind of hard to root for him and what happened to his athleticism? It still seizes to amaze me when he used to take one or two dribbles from the 3pt line and dunk it down with force in his Rockets glory days.

8. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze Member

The man has five championships, i wonder how much desire he still has. Maybe he should take a year off like MJ.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Horry is a completely different player this year. He is close to washed up. He has played very dirty and sloppy. He just doesn't have it on offense anymore. He hasn't played good all season and he is playing poorly in the playoffs too.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kind of off topic but still speaking of Horry...

Did anyone see that hotseat(where atheletes are on a large screen and have to say whaterve the first thing that pops into their head is based on the interviewer's questions and coments?) segment with Horry on ESPN several months ago?

Interviewer: Rudy Tomjonavich

Horry: Winner

Interviewer: Danny Ainge

Horry: Hate him.

I guess it doesn't seem as funny in print, but when I heard it, I was cracking up. It was great of him to be so honest. I knew he didn't like Ainge, but I didn't know he'd be so blunt about it on television.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Amen.

And Amen.

12. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

When the shot left his hand I would have bet it was going in. I like to see Horry do well, but I am glad the Lakers lost.

13. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I've always liked Horry's jumper. He had that unblockable jump shot, where he brought the ball all the way back, almost behind his head, then released it....kind of like Sam Perkins...

Question: Would anybody trade Griffin for Horry straight up?

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I used to root for Horry as a former Rocket. But, he's been a Laker too long now. Now, he seems more like a mercenary the Rockets used for a couple years. He'll be remembered as a Laker, not a Rocket.

As for trading Griffin for Horry, no. I'd rather have Griffin's current production -- nevermind his potential -- than what Horry would bring. He's a clutch shooter at the end of games in the playoffs; but, we have to make the playoffs for that to matter in the first place.

15. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I can't understand why anyone would want a player who doesn't try during the regular season but is suppose to show up in playoff crunch time. I think the Rox need someone who can actually help them get into the playoffs. Bob isn't the guy for that.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Griffin is Robert Horry. Who are we trying to kid. Eddie has the exact same game Horry does except Robert is a better entry passer.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

whose fault is that???????

Rocket River
    rrruddddyyyyyy

18. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

The Lakers would...

19. min

min Member

it was divine intervention that horry's shot didn't fall

20. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Horry has definitely not been his usual clutch self this playoffs. If the Lakers would have won last night on his shot, I would say that they were definitely going to the NBA Finals again. Since the Spurs won, and since Rick Fox is out, it looks like the dynasty might be over. I believe the Lakers will win game 6 and lose game 7.