1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horry: "I still see them as the same team"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 17, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This revisionist history is painful. Lin was absolutely a net positive, that series.

2. Remii

Remii Member

There's no law against calling a double team in basketball. You can look through all the basketball rules and you will find nothing that says you can't double team a player when he's killing you.

But if that's your argument, good thing Parsons and Lin are gone and McHale is still here.

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Get out. You deserve a slap in the face.

4. Remii

Remii Member

And those player issues "could" have something to do with coaching. They looked lost and unprepared at many times during the games and that's on the coach. But maybe he'll do better in next year's playoffs... Fingers crossed.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We don't think that in a vacuum that Bev is better than Lin either, , but it's not in a vacuum, and for similar reasons, Ariza fits better than Parsons.

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

0.131 parsons last year

0.141 ariza last year

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No he doesn't. He is right. If we were going to let his ass walk we could have Kevin Love or another player for him. Instead we let him walk and got nothing in return. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Losing Parsons reminds me of 1993 when we almost let Horry go for Elliot. Weren't we glad that trade didn't happen? Horry's length and ability to finish off the break was instrumental to our title. Chandler Parsons is 6'9 to 6 '10 compared to Ariza's 6'8. I'd love to see Morey prove me wrong but right now it looks like we are bringing back a bunch of scrubs that didn't make it here in the first place.

8. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

So because Horry agrees with you, that makes you right?

Smarty pants, that bold part from Horry mentions NOTHING about losing Lin and Asik.

And before he even says that, he says we should add Boozer.

I like Ariza, but I've lurked and posted on this board long enough to know that the first time Ariza dribbles to much on a possesion and losses it out of bounds, most of you will turn on him just like that.

Before we blame the Portland series on the on-court issues, remember the true reason we lost. Mchale. He had Jones guard Aldridge for the first 2 games, that is on him. The final play is also on him for not having the team on the floor prepared and for having the wrong players on the damn floor.

9. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

It was a good read. Horry is right in the regards that our starting five is essentially the same. However, our bench has gotten drastically worse. I am glad to see J-Lin gone, but he is a far better player than ish smith. Secondly, we have signed Dorsey to replace Asik. I agree it is a good value, but asik is also a far superior player. Lastly, Alonzo Gee is looking like our back-up SF. In my opinion he is on the same level as Jordan Hamilton and Garcia. At best you can say it is a wash at the 3 spot when comparing rosters from this year and last but we have gotten drastically worse in every other area. So I disagree that we are the same team.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

What?

Based on what you said you should be in support of Ariza.

Parsons is 6'9 with a 6'9 wingspan. (crap by nba standards)

Ariza is 6'9 with a 7'2 wingspan. (good)

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Is this addressed at me?

If he doesn't mention Lin or Asik, maybe it's because he doesnt think he needs to. He's already included that in his assessment, or what, you think he doesnt know they're not here anymore?

I won't turn on Ariza over that. And if others do, so what? One bad play doesn't mean it was a bad signing. He's not the same player he was years ago and definitely not coming to play the same role.

He had the right players on the final play. They were told what to do. They didn't do it.

12. jk103

jk103 Member

I think people are vastly underestimating the impact Parsons had on our offense. There's a reason he was on the floor for 40+ mpg, our offense turned into stagnant crap the moment he hit the bench. Ariza's a great fit next to Harden IF you have a secondary playmaker on the floor who can take some of the pressure off of Harden. Without Parsons or even Lin, we're looking at 24/7 Harden ISO and Howard post-ups.

13. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

What? Are you serious?

He had one good game and five bad ones. Including one game where an end game mistake was directly responsible for the loss. Poor efficiency, poor defense, missed gimme shots and layups, stupid turnovers.

14. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

This is correct. Their GM was not happy about losing him. Sound familiar ?
    Heard him on ESPN today.

Go Rockets !

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Actually in my mind we did get something in return. A comparable player at half the price and 7 million to play with. So there's that !

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Haa.. Haa.. Haa.. How about this also!!

Trevor Ariza's Playoff Performance

fg% .481
    3p% .446
    2p% .519
    8.9 rebounds per game :eek:
    1.5 steals
    13.6 ppg

Made it to the second round in 2014.
    NBA Championship experience.

Chandler Parsons

fg% .438
    3p% .361
    2p% .478
    6.8 rebounds per game
    0.7 steals per game
    19.3 ppg

Lost in first round two years in a row.

17. Moleb

Moleb Member

Horry played in the NBA, won 7 rings. He has a lot of basketball knowledge. Which makes his point a lot more valid then current CF members who are crying.

As for CF I'm sure 90% of the people who cant comprehend that this "off season wasn't that bad" suck at basketball in real life & have a very low basketball I.Q.

Anyway I made a post about a week ago pretty much saying Morey did what he could, and giving him kudos for assembling a great team in 2 years time.

A lot of you CF are lacking common sense. You're like emotionally charged middle school kids who make a big deal out of something which is stupid that they had no control of in the first place.

18. champstocome

champstocome Member

6'9 with 6'9 windspan is good for his modeling career..rot on the mavs
    ..In reality he is probably sleeping with every cowboys cheerleader in a mass reverse inverted cowgirl orgy till the season starts.:eek::(

19. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

That player is still on your team (Harden).

20. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

The reason it's a bad thing is because we won't be on the cusp of championship contention forever, and Morey just wasted another year of Dwight's prime without a championship supporting cast. If you're not getting ahead, then you're falling behind. Morey's biggest miscalculation was in overestimating his chances to land a free agent, not in letting Parsons walk.