1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[horrible yahoo article]Most Despised Houston Rocket Ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 14, 2013.

?

This is an example of

1. of people who don't live in Houston or out of touch with the fan base

68 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. why I only read certified Clutchfan articles by Clutch or Moes etc

14 vote(s)
    12.3%
  3. people who were too young or didn't exist in an era, shouldn't write about that era

32 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[horrible yahoo contributor]Most Despised Houston Rocket Ever

This is what you get when someone who doesn't live in Houston and was too young to experience the era he's writing about

There's too much wrong in this article

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ralph-sampsons-injury-riddled-career-makes-him-most-171800221.html
    [​IMG]

#1 tinman, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

This s*** should be on bleacher for the nba fanboys

3. tinman

Supporting Member

http://bleacherreport.com/users/2017746-mike-de-moor
    I was born in Wayne, New Jersey and I've never really left the cel that is Northern New Jersey. I spent my college years at the illustrious Montclair State University and rotted away hanging in the basements, writing to get a second opinion and the game was always on in the background. Basketball was my first love and I think it's mainly due to two factors: my dad's love for the game and Michael Jordan.

Basketball was always there in my life. When I was young, I gobbled up baseball in the summers while going through my basketball withdrawls and my football fanship has been benefited by the Steelers being the Steelers and my absolute hate for the Giants and Jets.

As a fan who follows his favorite teams religiously, I have learned to root against all the local teams because of fair weather fans. There's nothing worse than someone who is quiet when their team goes 5-11 (aka Jets fans) and then come out of hiding when their team has a hot-start (aka Jets fans).

The same goes with all the rest of the local teams. The Giants have been a good team, but the mere idea that Eli is significantly better than Big Ben rattles my soul. Knicks fans agree with whatever the media is telling them is going on with the team. Rooting for the Yankees is like putting money on Germany in World War II and Mets fans only talk big in the off-season (which is like buying stock in "Rebuild Hiroshima" effort to continue the metaphor). Nets fans are probably the best of the bunch, but let's see the desperation they show after taking the Hawks spot as the team that looks good all regular season and goes down easy in the playoffs role.

All of this disdain is because I root for the underdog, and New York's stars are treated like kings and queens. The fact that all season long I can watch all the New York teams is the reason my hate for them is so developed. Similarly, I developed anger towards Shaq's early 2000's dominance because I always wanted outlaws like Rasheed Wallace and Mike Bibby to get rings, but Shaq and Kobe always got through Portland and Sac-Town. For the record, it was wonderful to see Rasheed get that ring in Detroit though.

As a writer, I continue to write in various forms and sports writing is just another one of them. I am really passionate about my teams and if you met me in person, you would have no problem identifying that quality quickly. I also have found the same interest in music and film, which both fall into the passions category for me.

#3 tinman, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

Oh I forgot, Houston Rockets fans despised going to the NBA Finals and beating the Lakers on their home court to do it

[​IMG]

Stick to writing about the current Rockets , New Jersey boy

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

"This article was created on the Yahoo! Contributor Network, where users like you are published on Yahoo! every day"

6. cambyrd

cambyrd Member

"M. De Moor is an NBA junkie who currently writes about all things NBA on HoopsHabit.com. He has followed the Rockets from the championship days of Hakeem Olajuwon, to the years of Francis and Mobley, to the McGrady and Yao era, and will continue to follow them through Harden and Dwight's reign of destruction."

If all this is true, why doesn't he know crap about the Rockets?

7. basketballholic

On-court or off-court???

Frankly, on court, and just concerning basketball play, there are 2 guys that I despised:

1. Rafer Alston - dude could not finish and could not hit a J. His on-court game wore me out. I despised him. (Now, off the court he was likeable enough even though he got into a scrape or two.)

2. Juwan Howard - I absolutely despised that line-drive 17 foot jumper that he missed 60% of the time because not only was the shot itself inefficient but it also led to opponent run-outs over and over and over and over again. I despised Juwan's on-court game. (Once again, off the court Juwan seemed to be a nice enough character.)

I despised McGrady's game at the end, standing around, not wanting to cut and play off the ball, only wanting to control the ball up top, run clock, and either jack or throw the last pass. But his end time doesn't compare to all the time that we had Rafer and Juwan out there clanking.

I despised Maxwell's off-court antics and his off-court antics finally translated on-court. But he was a very effective player for the vast majority of his time here. I consider going into the stands to be off-court activity since technically it is.

I despised Eddie Griffin's on-court immaturity. His off-court troubles were so great they translated onto the court. Still....as bad as he was on-court...Rafer and Juwan were on a whole nother level below him.

Pippen wasn't here long enough to despise his on-court game. It was how he handled himself in the locker room and demanded out of here that caused the despising. But his on-court game the season he was here was not real bad.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It sounds like he's only followed the Rockets from the championship days. In that case, why would he make such a sweeping statement about a player who predates that period?

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

McHale is up there too now next to Pippen, sorry, it is what it is.

10. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Well you have quoted Yahoo contributor network, of course they are going to be horrible and stupid articles.

Interesting thing about the author is he writes about the rockets and pirates and has a blog about them. he joined bleacher report to write about those two team, but was later kicked off for writing a controversial article about why Jeremy Lin is not a starting point guard on a championship caliber team.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

What? You go around being the top 50 of all time and wanting to be out of MJ's shadow and get paid max salary, and you get SCHOOLED in the playoffs?
    the you bad mouth your team? your coach? your boy Barkley who took a paycut for you??

No dude. Pippen = #1

12. tinman

Supporting Member

On top of that he's making a statement about the fanbase's opinion, if he was talking about stats/achievements that would be different.

A fanbase despising a player is something you just don't make assumptions , you need to be part of that fanbase to know.

It's not like he's Bill Buckner.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Seriously, you actually believe Yahoo contributor network features "articles"?

14. tinman

Supporting Member

he's spreading false information.

you think he's on clutchfans too?

15. basketballholic

Yeah, those are off-court things. I'm talking about playing ball on-court. Pippen's game was not that bad here. I think he was like 15/6 while playing with Hakeem and Charles. It was his off-court demands and forcing a trade that made him a villain. If he had stayed and worked on meshing with Hakeem and Charles then it would have been a whole different story. I understand despising him for what he did. I do. We got 30 cents on the dollar back for him.

By the way....another guy I would put in the semi-despise category...Mo Taylor. Guy got big money then laid an egg....while keeping a better player (Kenny Thomas) on the bench. I'd put him on my list too.

And just for good measure...might as well throw Kelvin Cato in there. Same thing as Mo. Got his dough....never improved after that.

I did despise Lew Lloyd for quite some time too when I was young. But once again, that was due to off-court activities. His idiocy cost us at least one ring.

16. DJGRIND

DJGRIND Member

I have to agree with tinman here...

I actually enjoyed watching Pippen on the Bulls and thought, on the onset, that being o the Rockets would have been a good thing. But his attitude and mentality killed my perception of him...

Pippen #1 most despised Houston Rocket EVER!!!

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

And as a dedicatedd 1999er, you believe it's your duty to help someone who write such blatantly trollish stuff by giving him extra web hits and backlinks? And therefore encourage him to write similar stuff in the future?

18. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Stop giving this guy attention. He submits his own nonsense yahoo! contributor network articles to the NBA subreddit, so I imagine he's here as well. None of it is in depth, half the time it's patently wrong.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

1. you also hit that he forced a trade, so therefore the Rockets had no leverage in trade, we got a crap deal out of it from portland

2. you are older now, you know Lew Lloyd didn't do anything that a rich athlete who parties in the 80s wouldn't do. you seriously think out of the entire nba it was just the Rockets players who did coke?

what NO ONE on the LAKERS?? LA??

20. tinman

Supporting Member

This dude is straight up Fleetwood Mac, telling lies tell me tell me lies