1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horrible Developments Coming Our way

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oeilpere, Oct 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

It's sad we are devoting so much time and energy to Charlie Ward, Adonal Foyle, Golden State, and the New York Knicks...

It speaks volumes to how much energy and hope was placed in the Rockets getting a good big man at a fair price to only see that accomplisment blow up.

I still hold out hope given the rules and regulations and the 90 days they would have to hold Marc Jackson. I really don't think Jackson can be too happy at this point either, he's getting treated like a piece of meat at the market. Foyle and Dampier can't be too happy either, especially considering their comments about GS and their new found playing time.

Hopefully this will get sorted out soon and we can all move on...

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Golden State is such a well run organization.

:D

3. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

HCrispeeP,
    Nice post!
    I concur (you do get your facts wrong....lol). :D :p
    You always come back and rectify or we hash out the correct interpretation either amongst ourselves or with input from other sources.

Popeye is ALWAYS, repeat ALWAYS reliable and freely admits mistakes. Personally, I don't think he made one here. We each report what we hear......sometimes the wind changes directions and the report falls though. I think the average is something like less than 3% of all discussed trade/transactions actually happen.

Popeye,
    We are cool! I have had several bits of inside info. that I have shared that have not born themselves out (eg. The Chicago/Washington three-way trade). I was hammered as well. Screw the rest of the Sunday posters if they don't want to hear actual info. that is being discussed.

I know in this case the GSW were scrambling after another team had the audacity to shove an offer sheet in their face. The trade rumors, all be them $hitty trades at best, ARE quite true. The GSW were hoping to freeze out MJ and pick him up for peanuts. To bad, so sad. The GSW screwed-up. MJ is ours or theirs...thats it.

Guys,
    Keep posting and screw the wannabes. You are the guys I prefer to have intelligent conversations with anyway .... not them. That is the ONLY reason I even post at all.

By the way...

HCrispeeP,
    Do you think we buy-out the Maloney commitment next year and shead the extra cap hit a year early. Since he was waived, I'm not clear whether we can. If he was here, it would be a done deal, but the waiving thing has me guessing. I can't find the answer in the CBA.

Thoughts???????

#143 ROCKET!!!, Oct 4, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2001
  4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

:confused:

Part of me wants to ask you why you're offended Pops. That part wants to understand how this whole confusion started. That part wants to write an empathetic post as Rimbaud has done. I honestly see no reason why you'd be offended. This whole tirade is completely random (oops, creeping into the other part).

The other part? That part's a bit bigger than the first part. That part is beginning to think that you're a whiney b****.

Funny thing about whiney b****es, they are in fact salvageable. Usually they have to be big enough to back off of their complaint, call themself a 'dork', or whatever. Another funny thing about whiney b****es, everyone forgets their tirades once they get back in line and act normal. Oh, and if you don't back off of this ridiculous moment, you'll be longing for the times when you hadn't posted something as silly as 'secret email list'. You'll be longing for the normalcy of being another beloved peer.

Jenna never could salvage herself, I guess Pops never could salvage himself, I wonder about this oeilpere guy.

Oh yeah, and just to up the ante:

.|..    ..|.

5. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Is Jenna the best comparison available?

Mango

6. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

All I know is, if oeilpere had responded this morning with a simple 1-line post to the effect of, "**** y'all, I stand by my sources!," the next 50 or whatever posts would have dealt with whether Marc Jackson's offer sheet would be matched by the Warriors, and the possible influences on or ramifications of that decision.

Instead, they've dealt with the emotional care and feeding of someone who posts to this board. I don't consider that an improvement. :(

Sometimes, brevity is better.

#146 Swopa, Oct 4, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2001
  7. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your return to academia has definitely paid off. Pretty soon, no one will be able to handle your counters. :p

I had been anticipatory in my waiting for your thoughts on this situation...glad to see you did not disappoint!

8. cometsluv4play

i am neither intelligent enough or informed enough to comment or post, but i lurk, especially when a thread is posted by oeilpere. pops, please add me to your email list. cometsluv4play@hotmail.com thanks in advance:)

9. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Something wicked this way comes.

10. Bigman

Bigman Member

I haven't had the patience to read the whole jist of this thread but I sincerely hope that this has not come to being on an email list for pop's info. Don't get me wrong, I wanna be included, but most of us are logical people here and I believe that this can be worked out. In my book Pop's is the man. I don't expect him to be right on everything and he's never presented his info as being 'done deals'. It's fine to disagree with some of the info or some of his views but give the man his props. He's earned it.

bbarwick@houston.rr.com

11. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

double post...oops

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, will anyone post the Oeilpere Insider on the website when it releases?

and don't forget to sign up for inclusion on my list to receive all 5000 of my post this season. You get them 5 minutes before they go live here!!

15. Mango

Maybe he should charge for his email newsletter.

Doesn't matter, somebody will copy-n-paste it to the BBS.

There will probably even be competition to leak it first similar to the late night Chronicle ---> BBS races.

Mango

16. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I fish the fish in front of me.

Well, you had already said all of the good stuff. Besides, I gave you a shout-out, why don't you have my back?? :mad: :)

Mango, am I off base w/ the Jenna comparisons? Was that example too extreme? Those details escape me...

17. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

<b>Oil Can Boyd</b>

Make sure you put me on your email list. Hell, I would rather subscribe for your emails then those <i>crappy</i> ones charging or just about to charge for their bullschniz.

18. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Geez, settle down. At the end of the day, it's still an Internet message board that talks about basketball, nothing more and nothing less. Getting that upset over just about anything having to do with hoops just ain't healthy, and you're talking to the kid (ok, maybe you aren't...) who went to bed at 11am and got up at 5pm every day of the NBA season last year.

Let's start another thread about how much the Rocket unis suck...

19. Mango

Achebe,

Jenna was an extreme situation because she marched into a benign WNBA thread looking for a firefight. This thread was originated by oeilpere and his integrity & knowledge were challenged. Oeipere always has been able to mingle and converese with the unwashed masses while Jenna could only make elitist pronouncements from her throne.

Since Jenna has been gone almost 18 months, there will probably be many who have zero knowledge of her and this tangent baffles them.

..............now back on topic.

Mango

20. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Sorry to get back to the Rockets....

I went looking for stats and it's kinda strange that NBA.com does not show Jackson at all, and ESPN.com shows him on the Rockets roster.

CNNSI sucks. They last updated the Rockets roster in July. Get with it, camps started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.