1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horford disappointed in teammates' size

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 23, 2013.

1. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Am I hearing this right? Horford for Asik straight up? If I were the Hawks GM, I would laugh and hang up.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

horford is too much talent to stay with the mediocre forever hawks. a playoff team needs to trade for him. or he can demand a trade. forget when his contract is up

i remember before i bought into the "dwight to houston" wagon, i was making up trades to get horford here. he and asik would be sick together.

hypothetically speaking, we can still get him in a package deal with asik. but that'll never happen cuz atl owner needs to sell tickets but dont wanna do anything so they stay mediocre forever >(

GET HORFORD THE FK OUT OF ATL!!! DEMAND A TRADE, U DONT DESERVE THAT BS

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Horford's contract does not end until 2016. He has no leverage in terms of demanding out.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

either way, he was told he wouldnt be playing center for long. plenty of teams would be in trade talks. atl owner knows horford would bring in some good rebuilding pieces.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The question is whether they want to rebuild. Many owners are fine with 45-50 wins every year, and would rather stay there and look for a slim chance of upgrade than blowing it up. And if they are rebuilding, they will look to get top draft picks and not what Houston has to offer. We are not getting Horford in Houston.

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Should've gotten Oden before the Heat did...

7. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

[QMiss UniverseOTE=Carl Herrera;8329230]Let's remember this is Al Horford. He was disappointed in his long-time girlfriend and fiancée so he dumped her and got married to Miss Universe a week later.

You don't want to disappoint Al Horford.

[/QUOTE]

Is Miss Universe disappointed in Horford's size?

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Those 15 mins can mean the diff between LBJ owning us and a ring. 15 is more than a quarter of us having no D, that's not exactly a good plan when you're gonna go up against one of the deadliest scorers in history.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Asik for Millsap makes entirely too much sense.

So much so I want to shoot some holes in it , so I can not think that it has any chance of happening so I dont get my expecations up

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I like the idea but Asik is more valuable than Millsap. There are few centers the caliber of Asik.

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

oh yeah, cant believe there's still fans who think smith can play center. the only reason he was the backup center was cuz there was no backup center. smith is a pf. he fouls a lot when he's the center.

i dont mind him playing spot minutes at c, but he cant be the only backup c. he should be insurance for the backup pf if dmo or jones get hurt or dont pan out.

12. verysimplejason

I'd trade Asik only for Horford, Bosh or LMA + some fillers both sides. Millsap isn't worth it if we're going to lose Asik.

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Milsap? idk... he's kinda undersized... has Morey ever shown a tendency to go after undersized power forwards? ;) (sarcasm)

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Asik is more valuable on the trade market, but Millsap would be more valuable for this team in terms of wins. We can wait around and squander our championship window while fishing for the 'best' deal. Or we can lose a little trade value but go for it all NOW.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Horford complains about his team and says he's going to half ass it, and people's solution is let's solve their problem and downgrade for a role player all at the same time. I'd rather Ryan Anderson to Millsap, and I don't particularly like Anderson.

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

And there are a few PF's that do the things Millsap can do

17. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

with all the talks of Love, LMA, Bosh, anyway we can take Horford out of hawks? Give them Asik, TJones, Dmo, Lin, heck add a pick.

You can go much worst than a double-double machine with good defense. Couple with he can play the 4 and spell minutes at the 5.

18. Progs

Progs Member

I would problaby throw in a 2015 1st rd pick.

19. Progs

Progs Member

Why throw Lin in because of matching salaries ??? Lin is due for a career year... Plus Rockets can opt out after this year if they wanted too.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yep, Asik for Millsap would be great. I'd even consider sending Jones or Dmo in exchange for one of Atlanta's better defending/rebounding PFs. How is Gustavo Ayon?