1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horace Grant Thinks The Rockets Titles are Questionable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketMania1991, May 27, 2011.

1. RocketMania1991

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6599168

Haters gonna hate.

2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

He's just mad his b**** ass got swept out of the '95 Finals by 2-Time NBA Finals MVP Hakeem Olajuwon and the gang.

(BTW I see no Rockets mention whatsoever here)

3. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Didn't the Magic beat the Bulls during the playoffs in our 2nd championship?

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yup.

An astonishing fact many people seem to forget.

Magic over Bulls 4-2

Rockets over Magic 4-0

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Don't care.

Seriously, when are we going to get over our inferiority complex with those 2 championships? We need to stop being so sensitive.

1 person likes this.
  6. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Horace Grant ought to know better than to buy the Jordan hype, the way his Magic dispatched the Bulls and showed that Jordan needed another top-50 player alongside him and an all-star Power Forward covering his back to be championship material.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Not explicitly. But...

I have no inferiority complex. It sucks equally for us that Jordan retired - would have been great to beat him too. :)

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

well there goes his ambassador job

9. Garner

Garner Member

Horace Grant said what?!:mad:

Oh wait....its 2011, who cares what Horace Grant says?

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

the 3 rings that pippen and jordan gave horace grant are questionable.

11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

The more i hear Pippin talk, the more i wish he should just shut up. His opinion stinks and not even close to true. Lebron better than Jordan?? You're stupid. YES, he maybe better physically and more talents than MJ and that is still debatable but when it comes to fighting spirit and charisma, Lebron James can only dream of having what MJ had. You see, it doesn't matter how big of a size you are or how talented you are, it's about the spirit. Have you heard of the story of a little guy being the boss to a tall but not so bossy guy?? Why is that?? Because the little guy has the spirit that the big can only dream of having. This is the same compare to Jordan and James. Lebron don't have the fighting/dominant spirit of MJ. End of the story.

Now you can say Lebron may have the greatest talents ever in the history of the NBA...that does not make him the greatest player. There is a difference. The greatest player know how to use their talents and will his way to win game under pressure. The last time i checked not so long ago while he was with the Cavs, Lebron happy passing the ball around while his team need someone to score?? So what if he has all the talents in the world, but if you don't have the fighting spirit (DNA) in you, you're not the greatest player in the world. Hell, he's not even close to Kobe at this moment.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

His name ought to be Horace Granite.

13. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

thank you, it was like 16 years ago

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That's what makes it so damn funny. Horace, your team beat Jordan and the Bulls in the 1995 EC Finals. Give yourself a little credit.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I hear ya..but this one is strange because Horace was on the team that knocked Jordan out of the playoffs, thus keeping the Rockets from ever playing the Bulls in the Finals. :confused:

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

This. Truth is we dont know what would happen, maybe we lose, maybe we win. Whats done is done.

17. Mr. Space City

who cares?

we still got our rings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Gertso

Gertso Member

If I had any wish in the world it would have been to see a Houston/Chicago finals.

1 person likes this.
  19. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

I lol'd :grin:

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That ranks as one of the top things I regret when looking back at the history of the Rockets. Some of the others? Sampson's injury. Another? Lucas, Lew, and Mitch getting tossed by the league for snorting the White Powder. Another? Trading Moses because ownership didn't want to pay him. I'll stop there. Jordan and the Bulls feared us more than any other team, in my opinion. As much as they feared anyone. We matched up well and frequently beat them back in the day. I have no doubt that either Rockets championship team would have nailed their hides to the wall. Of course, this topic has been absolutely beaten to death here. ;-)-