1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hoopsworld] Rockets believe they are still in contention for Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apatel123, Jan 9, 2011.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I want Billups.

2. vick

vick Member

If Morey signs Melo, you will be famous on you tube :grin:

1 person likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not if you send them to Denver as part of the trade. ;)

5. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

New articile on fanhouse talking about houston still being in it...

I dont care what anyone says...if you are the nuggets why would you prefer

Morrow Favors and Harris plus 2 draft picks

over

any combination of scola, martin, aaron brooks, patterson, budinger, t will, courtney lee patterion and hill. plus 2 draft picks that will be as good.

There is not a strong possiblity that favors will be better than scola...honestly he may not be btter than patterson. He is a high risk/high reward guy. Patterson looks infintely better right now...already top level jumpshooting PF.

Martin and Brooks both of harris...morrow sucks...everyone of our players are better than them.

If we offered Yao Mings expiring, Scola Budinger or twill and 2 draft picks... that has to be better... or even yao contract, patterson and one of our young guards.

Id honestly take that over the nets deal. Specailly when you consider how much money we can save the nuggets.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/11/nets-carmelo-anthony-trade-nuggets-al-harrington-rockets/

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

This is what i keep saying over and over. They are getting worse players from the worst team in the league. The only thing worth more is the draft picks. Favors wont be better than Patterson or Scola. I can pretty much gurantee that now. As it is it doesnt matter anyhow. I wouldnt want Carmelo for a one year rental. He can go ahead go where he pleases.

7. megastahr

It wont be a rental...people dont understand that economics of the move.

It would take morey 30 minutes to explain how much money he would loose...its not 4 or 5 mil a year like wade and lebron.

Hes not going to use his ETO in a lock out because he cant sign a contract in a lock out...he will be unemployeed until the lock out is over...which could be a full year. We will have a minimum of the rest of this year and next to talk to him and acquire pieces to appease him and get an extension.

Then you add on how much more money he will make under this cba than the one to come...or at least the fear of that...plus not having a state tax. New york is one of the worst btw. We are talking about millions and millions of dollars. If we get him ... we get him

All we do is show our youth and our drive to do whatever it takes to be a championship team...such as trade for melo without an extension. He will sign.

He will sign and mr CP3 will probablly not be too far behind.

8. megastahr

If you think about it...there is almost no trade scenario you dont do for melo. One based on Martin or scola or yaos contract done....

Eat harringtons contract done... every draft pick we can give done...

raid our depth done...

Because we arent winning a championship as is...and with melo no telling what doors it opens up... CP3 ...howard...

What if we trade the craziest over pay in NBA history then end up getting trades or sign and trades for CP3 and Howard. Because they want to be the big 3 in the west.

Its worth th risk... 2 teams did it last year and 1 hit the jack pot. Morey saw that.

9. Houston_Rockets

megastahr, stop, you are making too much sense, stop giving us hope.....

PeAcE

10. megastahr

Ha...ya.

Sucks if it doesnt happen then. My point is...it can happen. If i was denver id deal with us...of course delay it out as long as possible...make sure you get the best deal possible.

But I see no reason to believe that with a 2 or 3 way deal we cant pull this off.

One scenario I thought about was...a 3 way with the kings. Where they send caspi and landry to nuggets we send yaos contract and say tiwill or budinger... kings get brooks and someone and we get melo and whatever else we have to eat.

The point is we can find a way to make it happen...twolves wanted brooks o if nuggets prefer flynn to brooks they could do a 3 way with them.

Anyways ill stop...ive made my point lol

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Now add to that how much money we can save Denver in the process.

12. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

A few quotes from Nuggets fans:

Just thought it was nice to hear from the other side for a change.

This situation sounds alot like when we went after Bosh, we aren't the preferred destination but a good #2 option.