1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HoopsHype] The Rockets have the best offense in the NBA with healthy Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Nov 30, 2017.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if nothing these loses served well to raise up grizzlies hopes up so to make their fall harsher

seeingredtx likes this.
  2. seeingred

seeingred Member

wear it with pride, brother [​IMG]

robgue, Game7 and seeingredtx like this.
  3. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Literally, didn't answer anything I said.

Try again dude.

Seriously, don't fluff. Answer me directly. If you're trying to play it off, it ain't gonna work. If you genuinely don't understand my points, I'd be happy to elaborate.

SIL

4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Lol

SIL

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Rockets have clearly been the best team in the league the first quarter of the season.

The eyes, record and advanced numbers all paint that picture.

Now they have to keep it up.

Harden finally has real help, real superstar wingman and a real coach.

Let's see how he does this year in the playoffs but so far so good and he looks better than ever.

D-rock, s3ts and DonKnock like this.
  6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets are MDA's Phoenix Suns, with better offense and much better defense.

Is Golden State better than Shaq-Kobe Lakers and Duncan's Spurs?

djperm and DonKnock like this.
  7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The #1 in defensive efficiency is key. Did we ever have a stretch where we performed so well on the defensive end last year? That includes the poor defensive performance in the Phoenix game too. And even D'antoni was disappointed with our defense in the Knicks and Nets wins because he knew we weren't putting in full effort. To know that we can still be even better and more focused on that end is great.

Our roster is stacked with veteran defenders now. Last year we didn't even have a capable backup for Ryno, who himself was defending terribly. We had to play Ariza via small ball and in the playoffs we had Harden guarding Gasol. That's just ridiculous. Dekker and Harrell couldn't give us anything. Now LMM and PJ are coming in and shutting teams down in the second unit while still spacing the floor. Our defensive rebounding is amazing because of these guys, plus improvement by Capela. It's glorious.

8. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

When a team is developing into a Beast that destroy teams (good or bad) by 20+ points consistently, virtually EVERY team they face will seem like crappy bottom feeder teams.

Granted some or even most the teams they’ve faced (and won) so far have been bad teams, that still doesn’t take away from how strong this Rockets team is.

Rockets have not played Boston and the Spurs yet. They’ve beaten the Cavs (spare me the “but the Cavs are much better now”) and the Warriors (again spare the excuses).

Just by observing how the Rockets are playing and winning through the first quarter of the season is enough of a sample size to say with confidence this team is very good and would be tough to beat by any team. They are just blowing everyone out.....a difficult feat to sustain regardless of the teams they are facing.

9. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

also worth noting some keys stats I just broke down in the houston rockets stats thread. and ctrl c

and now ctrl v

Pts Diff +10.8 - 1st in the league(GSW ended 73-9 season with this differential)* stat within a stat
    Offensive efficiency -114.7 - 2nd in the league behind GSW(0.2 behind)
    Defensive efficiency -103.8 - 6th in the league behind(GSW 8th)
    Efficiency diff-10.9- 1st in the league
    Strength of schedule is 2nd from last however, the schedule adjusted rating shows the rockets at 8.48 2nd in the league, so we are beating the teams we should and are 2nd best at doing it behind GSW.
    Adjusted four factor - 3rd in the league .075 behind Sixers(.081) and GSW(.148)

So no BullShit just facts, with all this being said, the rockets are a damn good team. Only other team as good is GSW we still hold a slight edge in projected winning percentage.(not by just calculating based on trending out)

#29 seeingredtx, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The competition drastically drops off after GSW, BOS and CLE. This amounts to 7 competitive games of measurement out of 82.

chievous minniefield and djperm like this.
  11. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I said good day sir!!!

12. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I don't mind if there is a slump sometime during the season, it's bound to happen. Just as long as we've got it together during the playoffs.

13. BigSexy

BigSexy Contributing Member

The reality is they are dominating teams. And if it weren't for true scrubs like Bobby Brown and co. these margins would be even bigger. They've played two thirds of their season without CP3 so spare the 'who were the other teams missing etc', the fact is they are doing this whilst integrating their second most important player.

You know what is a BS narrative? That Westbrook was MVP because he averaged 1 assist more than Harden. Thats BS analysis.

Since full season hasn't finished yet, lets not talk bout whats happened yet because we haven't played everyone yet.

D-rock, seeingredtx, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  14. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

*two more rebounds
    He averaged one assist less (LOL) than Harden, and this was to guys like Dekker, Brewer, Harrell, scrubs who will be out of the league soon.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

The Rockets have beaten plenty of good teams, including Golden State, Denver, Philadephia, Cleveland, and Indiana. They've lost to good teams (76ers, Raptors) and teams like the Warriors have lost to the Thunder and Kings. No other team has beaten any more better teams than us. The Spurs, Celtics, and Warriors have all had cupcakes on their schedules just like us.

The record and point differential speak for themselves. There is NEVER going to be a time when we can't get better, but for right now, we are the best team in the league no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

D-rock, Reeko, djperm and 5 others like this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

F-me blind and call me Sally. Goodness gracious that is incredible!

felixng2012 and hakeem94 like this.
  17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

You responded above with that bullshit. So no, you didn't close the door.

Again, answer my questions or concede. I can take the 20 mins this weekend to figure out the combined teams record, etc and really expose this nonsense.

It's fake hype. I want real hype.

SIL

18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I don't disagree with you, I just don't agree with @seeingredtx.

SIL

19. riko

riko Member

Now if you throw a on ball double towards James ball will go to CP3. It's pick you'r poison scenario now. Harden maybe the best offensive player in the NBA and Paul the best play maker.

D-rock, Reeko, djperm and 2 others like this.
  20. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Tell me what you don’t agree with, I can answer those questions, however I brought straight facts with stats that prove what I am saying is right. No bullshit. If you can’t connect those dot, I can bring out crayons and construction paper.

With a name like Sirivyleague, I would think statistical data would win you over, but then again, you may be just a bitter Lin fan.

All I do everyday is analysis, trend and forecast with numbers. I’ve built a career on it, and am very good at it. Actually I’ve done the same analysis on the Rockets stats for the last 10 years refining each year. This year they are head and shoulders better then any rockets team the past 10 years, statistically speaking. Best chance since 2009.

For a minute I thought, “this dude must be a glass half empty, or just loves to be the dude in the room to say, yeah but”..... Your so concerned with who we’ve played and their combined records, now thats Bullshit.

If you like I can talk about how close the Rockets are when analyzing their number vs the rest of the league the last 10 years and guess what, it’s trending to be on par with 2016-2017 warriors which was better statistically then even the 73 win team.

Now your turn with facts? Give me Data to back your bullshit up. Anyone can say yeah but, they haven’t faced the spurs, Boston and the Warriors again. Your looking at only the Rockets and who they play when I compare the league to the a Rockets. I compare who the Rockets played, who other teams played and how they played them with stats/facts along with everyone’s stats compared to the league.

I’ve never been let down by numbers unless they aren’t true, which I don’t see many changes to numbers after games are played.

Please respond with facts.

Phillyrocket, hakeem94, fba34 and 2 others like this.