1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HoopsHype] Mcgrady let Adelman off the Hook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmoney1101, Jan 1, 2010.

1. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

T-Mac's next pro basketball contract should be in Europe.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Speaking of which, I saw freaking Maurice Taylor playing ball for a Chinese team last night! I thought he was looong gone.

3. conquistador#11

I automatically thought former cardinals coach, dennis green, when i read the title.

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Interesting, never knew Eddie had a problem with Rudy T.

5. albuster

albuster Member

I don't see any proof that "he is by far a better than any one else on the team". Your frame of reference may be off by three or so years. He is done and that's that.

6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Exactly, that's what a lot of people don't get, from what we've seen so far he definitely isnt better than anyone on this team, you can argue that he didn't have a lot of time to build his stamina but right now he isn't that good.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Everytime I heard him doing commentary for the Suns, I thought he had a problem with somebody on the Rockets. Barkley had better things to say usually than Ernie did.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No, I think T-Mac really should be right around David Anderson in the rotation, in terms of minutes.

Better than Brooks? Please.

More valuable players than T-Mac: Brooks, Battier, Scola, Hayes, Landry, Lowry, Ariza. . . .

9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Totally agreed. Tmac pressuring for more minutes was a distraction from the TEAM. I'm sure Adelman is all relief and no regrets.

Too bad Tmac felt a 20-13 team needed to drop everything and work around his schedule and instead of the other way around.

1 person likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

See that's the problem with your statement. Tmac last year with only one leg is better than Ariza now, and obviously he's better this year than last.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

LOL. OK, so you're saying T-Mac should be seventh in the rotation, and Ariza should be 8th. I'm fine with that.

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I'm guessing Eddie's referring to the Pippen year. Matt Maloney and Rodrick Rhodes were in limbo with him.

13. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Mac's situation has light. One, he's getting the hell out of Houston. Two, he could end up on a team with a chance to win a title. Three, if he goes to a bad team it'll only be for a year most likely, then he will be a free agent. It's funny how so many people on here think Mac is done. Tracy on one leg is more gifted than anyone on this team. Maybe he isn't the player he once was, I know that. And sure he never one a title, many greats haven't. But when he's gone he leaves a name, for the gifted player he was. Brooks, Landry, etc. I love them as players, but when they're gone, nobody is going to look back and remember them.

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yao "on one leg" led the team into the 2nd round.

15. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Yawn.
    It's not the fact that he hasn't won a title that everyone slams him. It's more the fact that he's never won a playoff series at all.
    And if Tracy on one leg was really as good as people think he is, then Adelman would have played him. It's that simple.

16. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Ridiculous hyperbole on you part. Based on your logic no remembers guys like Bob Sura, Otis Thorpe, Vernon Maxwell, should I go on. Brooks and Landry and postioning themselves as fan favorites. I'm not sure how you can say we will not remember the very guys that are blazing a new path post T-Mac era.

17. rockets_fanatic

We made it into the second round when Yao had both his legs working functionally. Incorrect statement by wekko.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

The problem with T-Mac is, he's either #1, #2, or "Screw you guys, I'm going to loaf around and pout"

19. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

@Kojirou and NotInMyHouse....
    First, Kojirou stop watching your anime and know that I agree, he deserves some criticism for not winning a playoff series. Believe me, I was pissed when they blew the 3-1 series lead against Detroit. But if you buy into the whole team concept, then everyone should get equal blame. Not just Mac. Whose numbers in those series are always up. Secondly, NIMH, I agree that important role players are remembered, especially by their own teams fans. But I was referring to the grand scale of the league. Everyone in the NBA is good, or they wouldn't be in the NBA. But there is that special handful of talent every generation. Kobe leads this generations class. But Tmac will be known as a special individual talent. So will a guy like AI, who people also love to trash right now. I'm just saying role players don't walk away from the game with a name like that. I don't mean anything against this team, I love them. So it's cool. Don't hurt yourself big boys.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

He had a fracture in his foot. The foot is the support for the leg. Without a foot, the leg is irrelevant.