1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HoopsHype] Mcgrady let Adelman off the Hook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmoney1101, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

versus McGrady . . . who wins alot of skirmished but never could win a batte
    :p

Rocket River

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

no Player ever thinks he gets enough PT
    but
    IT IS HOW YA HANDLE IT

Rocket River
    when Rudy called Eddie's number. . .EDDIE WAS EVER-STEADY-AND-READY EDDIE!

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Good article.

4. SuraGotMadHops

for "all intensive purposes" is one of my biggest pet peeves. That doesn't make sense. What's an intensive purpose? It's "all intents and purposes." It's okay Eddie, innocent mistake.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I predicted he would start whining in less than 7 games. Damn I'm good.

As far as McGrady beyond this season, I'll make another prediction. Tracy McGrady will retire by the end of next season. Why?

Next season he will either land on a contender in a diminished role or he will land on a lottery team as the top option. If he lands on a contender he will instantly be asked to take a supporting role. He's unable to do that. We've learned if he isn't dominating the ball and "exploring" his options on the court he basically becomes worthless. Is there any other player in the NBA whose game drops off so badly once he isn't the focal point on offense anymore?

If he lands on a lottery team he will get his minutes, touches etc. but he'll be working for a fraction of what he makes now. There's not one ounce of me that believes this guy plays for the love of the game. He'll grow tired of the NBA grind at such a low salary.

Either way, he'll quit before next summer.

6. OvenproofBadger

Man tmac goes down with a fight and gets slated for it, he doesnt fight and again, gets slated for it...

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No no no. When McGrady "fought" by whining and yapping to the media, he got justifiably roasted. What he refused to do is let his play on the court do the talking for him. Since he lacked the intestinal fortitude to do that, he grabbed his marbles and went home when he didn't get his way. Diva-Mac is more of a quitter than a fighter.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

lol :grin:

9. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Mark Jackson said it, Father Time is undefeated. DD always taking any and every opportunity to take a dig at TMac. No one is saying he is the player he was two years ago. We're just saying that at this moment in time he is by far a better player than anyone else on the team.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Speaking the truth is not digging.

And, you guys that are saying that are 100% wrong.

DD

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Which is absurd.

12. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

Don't know if I can agree with that. He's far more talented than anyone on the team, but, at this moment in time, alot of the team is able to "physically, athletically" do more than he can. So, perfomance-wise, he's not a better player than anyone else "at this time". Agree?

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

That's cold, funny, but really cold. :grin:

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Right, since McGrady is no longer dominate

1 person likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Definately.

16. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I was behind the basket on this game, sitting on the aisle...I jumped up so high that I fell down some stairs. This is the only playoff game I have attended...thanks for the flashback..

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

C'Mon, the dude wants to play. If he was content with sitting back and collecting his check, he would have never b****ed about playing in the first place.

18. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

That's like saying Aaron Brooks could be a great shooting guard if he grows 6 inches next summer.

It ain't gonna happen.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

fixed

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If he gains maturity from the experience, maybe it is really a blessing in the skys for him.