1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HoopsDaily] Deja Vu: T-Mac Receiving Same Treatment as Tim Hardaway Once Did From Ad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Dec 28, 2009.

1. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

toronto? i'd think that highly unlikely.

2. caneks

caneks Rookie

Yes, you could pick out his best season if you want, in which he had FG% around 0.42 or 0.43.

3. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

so what, in your ideal world everyone shoots >50%? unrealistic, hell chauncey billups shoots horribly and yet is one of the top point guards in the league. my point is that penny recovered from a season-ending surgery and was able to play at a high level, yet adelman benched him when he clearly could have benefitted the team.

oh, side note...kevin martin, the supposed elite scorer that many people want to trade mcgrady for? 2010 stats, 42% FG. Rip hamilton, the other supposed piece that people want? 42%. Hell, vince carter who some people were deluded into thinking we could trade tmac for last season is shooting 40% this year. just sayin'

4. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

I think you mean Tim Hardaway not Penny.

5. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

ah crap, my mistake. slips of the mind :|

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

I agree with this 100%. Rick the ruler is perhaps making a mistake. Perhaps. As a fan of the Rockets I will hold them accountable if they let their pride rule over common sense. You just don't give up all-star talent for stupid reasons. It better be true that he is done because if not Dork Morey and Rick the Ruler just majorly mishandled (ok, completely bungled) the situation. Do you think other players like Amare will want to come here now when he sees what our other all-stars are being treated like?

Now, if t-mac has nothing of value to give then fine. If we get an all-star back (not likely since it's all out in the open now) then fine. But if he can contribute to other teams then all is not fine. Far from fine and the coach and organization take a big loss of my respect for them.

7. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Adelman's narrow-mindedness and stubborness has accomplished two things:

1. Based on his arbitrary judgement of T-Mac's performance (7 minutes a game for 6 games) has eliminated any true evaluation of McGrady's capabilities. 2. That same narrow-mindedness may well destroy any realistic trade value for T-Mac in they eyes of other NBA GMs. I thought Morey was smarter than that, but apparently not.

Hope this does not come back and bite the Rockets in the future.

8. caneks

caneks Rookie

That is the reason to make trade to improve your efficiency. You always like to get efficient player if possible.

No more TMac.

9. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

yeah except golden state traded tim for a bunch of scrubs.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Sorry, don't believe that. Last year Artest was playing and RA never benched him for hogging the ball.

11. cmellon

cmellon Member

After what T-Mac did last year to Houston Rockets organization (seems everyone forgets it?), he has never been in Rocket's future plan. It's inevitable that he will be traded, it's just the question of time. This is not about Rick Adelman favoring certain player. This is a collective understanding among Les, Daryl, and Rick.

Coming back from surgery, demanding more playing time, and causing more drama this season is not going to be tolerated anymore. T-Mac just speeds up the trading decision.

12. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i believe it's a mistake to link mac's injury with his departure. mac didn't play within adelman's system ever. mad doesn't like motion. mac likes to hold the ball and do what he does. in mac's best game since his return, he returned to ball-holding mac. the only reason they are getting rid of mac now is because they are playing fairly well without mac and don't need him especially since it seems he has no intention of buying into the system.

13. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

What is the worst that can happen? He stays on the team for the rest of the season, either playing for us or just coming off the books clearing up $23 million. I think Morey is handling a landmine situation very well, you don't want to buy him out for nothing and obviously they have been hearing offers for McGrady for a while, so they are letting his agent and McGrady, do the work selling themselves for a decent price. Meanwhile, the Rockets have final say if it goes down or not, all Tracy really can do is this.

Really other then one game, all McGrady proved was that he was pretty much average right now. His defense is still fairly weak and while contrary to popular belief was able to move the ball to his teammates, he isn't at a particularly great level for this team and despite the team not being as fast paced as advertised, McGrady would have been another slow cog if implemented into either the starting line up or the bench squad.

People already complain about Battier and Ariza, who at least add pretty good defense, McGrady no longer being the scoring threat he once was would give the team nothing. I hate the situation myself, but McGrady from what I have seen, wasn't ready to contribute to this team and its attempts to stay competitive in a still closely knit playoff race in the western conference.

14. mi0304

mi0304 Member

Rockets didn't even try to judge Tmac at all.

15. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

I feel sorry for Tmac, but I think RA had a reason here, his decision seems a risky one, if we can't find a good trade, this is not going to end well.

I don't blame anyone, this is no one's fault, either side has made mistakes, but this really hurts me, now my emotion towards this team, the coach is becoming mixed...........

16. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

How will the Rockets trading of T-mac be judged? Mac was an all star caliber player which he may or may not be now. If he goes on to another team and regains his all star status yet the Rockets trade him for scrubs than we lose.

If we can get a player like K-mart or Ellis for him without shipping out to much talent it could be an upgrade to the team but it looks like the org did a bad job of marketing Mac and we could be stuck with him.

17. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The author loses some credibility with the Bonzi Wells reference. Everyone knows that Bonzi was one of Adelman's favorites from his final SacTown teams. Hardly a case of him choosing a favorite over Bonzi.

18. bigreg

bigreg Member

I would give this post mad rep points if I could. Very well stated...

19. PeppermintCandy

From the article:
    D'oh. I hope Morey gets more out of McGrady than what GSW got for Timmy.

20. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

I agree, for his team adelman is the perfect coach. and the fact that hardaway became an allstar on another team is great for him. Adelman had the best success he could have in GS with the team he had AND Tim Hardaway went on to be a great player again? I won't be upset if T-mac gets traded AND both he and the rockets still succeed, why is there problem?

If some other team can fit him into their system and make the playoffs blah blah blah, and the rockets still do well it seems like a plus for both. T-mac gets to prove himself and the rockets get the team they want. Hurrah!