1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

honey bbq chicken strip sandwich

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dtowninyourtown, Oct 12, 2007.

Tags:
  1. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

does anyone know when whataburger puts this great item back out for sale... i was just thinking about it and remembered how great it was. if you have never had it, you need to get one as soon as they start selling them again.. does anyone know when they will again?

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

usually end of Jan/beginning of Feb

it only happens that part of the year, the reason I remember is that its usually out around Super Bowl time

I wish they had it often as much as they have the Thick and Hearty burger... damn Whataburger has some good stuff :)

3. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

those are delicious. that is all.

4. Fatty FatBastard

Cheeserito was the best limited item fast food product ever.

Fatty says!

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

you could always order the cheeserito at the Taco Bell that used to be on Kirby, it just wasn't on the menu. at least you could until around 1995

forgot all about them

6. as_sstomper

as_sstomper Member

I loved those cheesaritos, those were the best ever.

7. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Really? I remember getting one in the summer, when I was in Huntsville for my cousin's wedding. Of course, that was several years ago, so they may have changed the schedule up since then...

8. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

the thick and hearty burger is bad ass. that should be a regular item.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Is there a shortage of chicken strips or something? lol

If the product is so great, then why not just keep it on the menu year round?

I have had it and I really like it as well. In fact, I would probably only get this sandwich if it were on the menu every time I went there. It's a good size sandwich, fills you up, and the combined flavors are good. It's one of the better chicken-based fried sandwiches out there IMO.

But, let's only sell it in Jan/Feb cause...there's a shortage of chicken strips. :p

10. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Now that I've become vegetarian (2 months now, yay!), I won't be able to eat this. BUT, if there's one thing that would tempt me more than anything else, it's THIS SANDWICH. This is my favorite chicken sandwich I've ever had. There was a whataburger right across from my apartment complex in Houston, and I would eat this every day for either lunch or dinner. Sometimes for both lunch AND dinner. It was incredible.