1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Honestly T-Mac should not be Traded

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Illmatic, May 12, 2008.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

we'd probably be fighting for the 8th seed with the nuggets/warriors next yr.

2. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

I'd wait till next season before claiming there's no chance he'll become the player he was pre-05-06 again. It isn't too late.

3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Come on guys, before he got injured this season, he was leading the league in scoring and was also rebounding 6 and dishing 6. Next year he will be 100% healthy and hopefully will stay healthy.

4. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

But what people don't understand is that with Tmac's fragile body if he gives 100% all season, well 1. He will probably get injured, and 2.He will be warn out when playoff time comes.

5. liangqj

liangqj Member

If we can get the satisfactory return, T-mac should be traded. Injury is the most important factor.

6. tested911

tested911 Member

My Position:
    Trade Him!!!!

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

My comment on that view
    DESPERATE

The entire media and NBA agrees that the Rockets are a championship team when we return next season. Its stupid to even think about trading him. I don't know why some of you guys are so desperate to join the ranks of Dallas and Suns. Teams that are doing perfectly fine and only required a few tweaks but instead decides to trade some of their most valuable role-players for players that are supposingly able to make the team better.....

IMO, trading McGrady for even Lebron at this moment is not a good idea. Now I am not saying McGrady is better than Lebron, but my point is that you cannot switch something lesser in return for something better but get the same result. Would a pepperoni pizza be a pepperoni pizza if you used expensive cow meat instead of pepperoni? It would not, but you can remake the whole pizza with the expensive cow meat to get a better pizza.

What I'm saying is, if we're can trade McGrady for Lebron, we better be on the rebuilding stage, not replacing. But at this moment, we're come just too far to lose everything. We need to tweak our roster, not change it entirely. Do you guys know how long it would take for Suns and Dallas to become strong contenders again after that mistake? A long long time...

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if you get close to equal value, which you would never do.

if you trade him, we're basically in a rebuilding mode. and with yao's injuries and his prime is already here, if we trade tmac, we're basically wasting yao's prime years. yao is not a centerpiece at this stage of his career with his injuries and weaknesses. so unless we get a full-blown superstar back, it isn't going to happen.

the only superstars you can get back right now are probably allen iverson or carmelo anthony for tmac.

9. TmacsRockets

TmacsRockets Rookie

IF we are healthy we are the best team period.

10. dexkk

dexkk Member

I never wanted to trade Tmac. Definately not for Redd which WILL MAKE US WORSE. However, you lost me when you said you wouldn't trade tmac for lebron. I would trade Yao OR Tmac for Lebron in a heartbeat but that ain't happening. The team right now is a playoff contender with good health. Just resign Deke for cheap (no point in spending 5+ mil on backup center that plays 10-15 minutes and big men are expensive in the league). Then re-sign Landry and use MLE to get a decent wingman. Look to trade Bobby during the season hopefully packaged with Luther and more to get a 3rd scorer. Hope Brooks and Landry improves and Francis to contribute next season. We have a good team guys, just chill and enjoy the ride.

11. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

The mighty TMac we saw in these videos is getting close to becoming mythical. His body has taken such a toll and every year it further deteriorates.

However, I saw how big of a heart he had in Game 6 in a loss to Utah. So sad to admit it but the Rockers were just clearly outmanned due to injuries. Fortunately for him, this team has all the right pieces and everyone is on the same page. They have a 22 game win streak to prove that they have heart despite the injuries to Yao.

Management has to keep the team because the chemistry is there. Really the only thing that kills them is INJURIES. How the hell do you prepare for that?

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lol I'm gonna break down what I said. So let say you ordered cheese pizza with pepperoni on top. You replace the pepperoni with a more expensive ingredient, say turky meat. Would you prefer the pepperoni and cheese or turky meat with cheese? However, if you remake the whole pizza, use ingredients that compliment the turkey meat, like honey sauce, that would be a different story.

Basically, if you replace Lebron (turkey meat) for McGrady (pepperoni), it doesn't necessarily mean you get better results in return because Lebron (turkey meat) may not be able to compliment Yao (cheese). However, if you rebuild the entire team (pizza) with Lebron (turkey meat) and trade Yao (cheese) for players (Honey) that could compliment Lebron (turkey meat) that could be a different story (could be a better pizza). :p :p

13. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Let it expire! Let's have the cap room to be major players that offseason!

2010 FA Class

Lebron James
    Chris Paul
    Chris Bosh
    Dwayne Wade

#33 forchette49, May 12, 2008
    Last edited: May 13, 2008
  14. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

T Mac's arc was so much better then

15. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

His arc has always been relatively flat. HOWEVER, he had always elevated so high on his shots that he didn't need to have a high arcing shot on release.

16. alecoool

alecoool Member

oh come on, Not again!! :(

17. sook

sook Rookie

With redd adn mason on our team...we would be like the bucks...except playing in the wild west which = memphis nooooOO!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

18. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Come too far? Hate to break it to you, but we haven't made any progress since we landed McGrady. On the plus side, Yao Ming has been improving every year, so it's not like we're completely selling the farm by shipping McGrady out.

I think you're seriously underestimating Lebron as well. If he gets offered, you take it. He may not give an immediate return, but he makes you a contender for the next ten years. McGrady's window is two years, and that's being generous.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I'm not underestimating Lebron actually. I'm just saying that results don't always end up the same or better. Lebron could keep the window open for 10 years at this moment. Kobe and Lebron are beginning to experience back problems. Lebron could go on for another 10 years, but who knows he could hit an injury. Lebron depends of physicalness, if the injury takes away that part of his game..... well he is in trouble.

Also, I doubt Lebron would stay with the same team for 10 years, unless if he is paid good money and the team is a contender.

McGrady has a good 3 years left, and another 2-4 years of secondary role. You were not being very generous :rolleyes:

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

By the way we weren't making much progress as well before McGrady came and Francis and Yao was together. I think we're doing better now don't you too? :rolleyes: