1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HONESTLY... Did you cry tonight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, May 3, 2014.

?

Did you cry?

Poll closed May 20, 2014.
  1. Yes

74 vote(s)
    24.8%
  2. No

224 vote(s)
    75.2%
  1. hltiki

hltiki Member

no, but i woke in the middle of the night thinking about that shot, and now im up early on a weekend still thinking bout that shot...

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Tearing up requires courage. Numbness defines fear. You are a bigger man than me.

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I cried on the Jeremy Lin Game 4 turn over and the Asik foul on Aldridge in game 6. Those 2 bone head plays cost us the series. I am so depressed.:(

4. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

If you shed tears you are a real Rockets fan.

My reaction turned off the TV as soon as Lilliard hit the shot, didn't want to hear the post game, nothing.

Looking forward to seeing what Morey does because with this roster, payroll and being healthy a first round exit calls for some changes. Maybe the most disappointing season in quite a while.

5. pickymen

pickymen Contributing Member

I didn't cry, just very disappointed. Thought we could squeeze one out despite the problems with this team during the playoff.

6. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Didn't cry but I am still so so upset...as a fan all I want is for the rockets to be successful, this entire series was gut wrenching from game 1. It just sucks that we have to wait 6 more months...for once we were a healthy playoff team and got away with some scary injuries.

Ah this sucks

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Tears wouldnt help the shock...thats how high the shock level was for this game...He just made a sick shot...

Stockton 3 pointer was worse imo...I was much younger(middle school), at the game, and I didnt talk to my parents almost 2 days, and considering that was a WCF matchup...

8. ashiin

ashiin Member

So shocked I couldn't cry even when I wanted to

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

i just turned to the tv off and went to bed

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No, I don't cry during movies and TV shows and I don't cry during sporting events. Doesn't mean I wasn't shattered inside though.

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

It was today when I opened the paper and saw Dwight bent over and just .....

I couldn't watch another second (ironic) last night, turned off the tv......

i think we know who the leader of the Houston Rockets is.

I sure hope Asik wants to stay really I sure do. Just empty.

Thanks Rockets for an exciting season and the youngest team in the playoffs must grow through this pain.

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Cry? No, this is basketball, I don't cry over sports.

OK, I might cry a little if the Texans don't draft John Football.

13. htownrocketman

I was wildly upset until I realized this thought I did expect the Rockets to make it to the second round at least so there is some disappointment there. However, I didn't expect them to win it all this season since it was Howard's and Harden's first year together. We had 3 new starters in our lineup and they all just made too many mistakes. They need more time playing together. Next year, now that's a different story. I expect the Rockets to go all the way.

Oh and one more thing.. The Blazers aren't going to win it all this year either so ya'll can find some solace in that.

14. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I haven't **** the bed since I was 36 (last week).

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I will spend days thinking about how the Rockets possibly let him get that open. Just devastating.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

Game 4 when Lin had the TO I was pissed, couldn't sleep that night, was off track at work until game 5, that one really hurt

This one didn't hurt as much, We were up with .9 left I told my gal Lillard is going to get ball, when he hit it I couldn't do nothing but smile & smh, wasn't even upset, I knew our perimeter defense was bad all yr and that just sealed the deal. I woke up went and got my Concord Jordan's this morning, chilling on CF now, & barbecuing later for game 7s & fight tonight My day will be good :grin:

17. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

The only time I would cry in a sport is if my Team wins a championship,cause I feel like its rare for the teams I root for to win a Chip in my lifetime.

I got over this fairly quick,I know why we lost,we underachieved, and next year will be better.

18. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

In 1995 I first learned what it was to cheer for a winning team, as 8 year old me loved watching the Rockets since they wore red and white and had a really good center.

In 1997 I learned how to hate watch another team; how to channel my anger and jealousy into actively rooting for someone to knock out a team that I felt played dirty and cheated to win.

In 1999 I learned how to deal with career ending injury, and the empty feeling of finality and the despair that there would be no next year for a while. I learned how to hate a Rocket with all my being, and that just because he wore the laundry, doesn't mean he deserves unconditional love.

In 2001 I learned what a salary cap was, and why it was important to have a good GM who doesn't think Mo Taylor and Moochie Norris are better than Chris Webber.

In 2002 I learned how to respect and cheer for a star that was jeered and ridiculed by others simply for the color of his skin, and the utter satisfaction when he shut them up over and over.

In 2005 I lost my innocence. I cried.

In 2007 I learned that some losses are so painful, the coach needs to go.

In 2009 I learned that when you haven't had sex in as long as you can remember, even an over the pants half-hearted HJ feels like euphoria.

And in 2014, I learned that I'm so broken as a fan, I didn't even cheer that Parsons shot, because I fully expected what happened to happen.

But I didn't cry. Someday I'm sure I'll cry again, if and when they make it to the promise land. But for your everyday Rockets season that's over before Mother's day? I'm just too tired, too jaded, too worn out. One day the shelter dog you bring home from the pound will open its heart to you, and no longer cower away when you raise your hand to pet it. But right now, all it can think about is the hundreds of times a similar looking hand has beaten it down mercilessly.

19. olajuyao

olajuyao Member

I was working at a bar I was so torn I started shooting for all I got hammered and almost lost my job over! Diehard Rockets fan! I relived the Stockton 97 three in Houston. :( and now I can't get out of bed. I don't know if it because I'm hungover or depressed over our loss. :(

20. olajuyao

olajuyao Member

Fireball* and I got hammered*