1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Honest question for Catholics

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 8, 2020.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Wait... you are saying people are abnormal if they don't seek a partner? So, my aunt was abnormal? My many friends who aren't married, and don't wish to be, aren't normal? My boss of 15+ years isn't normal?

Can you show me in the "handbook to being normal" where it says that?

2. foh

foh Member

A convo with dachuda about "normal" should be interesting. I'll go get popcorn.

On a side note, a lot of us are on this forum for social connection - obviously, there won't be many marriages resulting from it (bbs causing divorces is probably likelier). So I wouldn't be surprised if the church has ordained their priests not to marry in order to ensure their utmost drive as missionaries spreading the word of god. I guess, in some ways I agree with Dachuda on this one.

#62 foh, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  3. bobrek

There will always be Priest marriage conversation. I am ambivalent on the issue. There are married Priests. A married Lutheran minister we know (10 our so years ago) converted to Catholicism, went through the seminary program and is now a married Priest. So...i guess it is safe to say I know one normal Priest.

foh likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Based on posting history I think we have all dachuda'd who the weird one is here...

6. bongman

bongman Member

Take this for what its worth and do your own validation:

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

God said everyone else using the pandemic to steal...let me get mine too.

8. bobrek

It is clearly your choice to believe what you want, but why denigrate and belittle those who are Christians? But...I guess you won't take my post seriously.