1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Homeowner Kills Two Teenagers in His House

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I support homeowners having the right to defend themselves and their loved ones in their home, including the use of deadly force. But this guy went way too far. I agree with those who think this is an act of murder. His creepy clinical way of describing the incident to investigators makes him look even more suspicious. Hopefully he's locked away for a long time.

1 person likes this.
  2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

In Australia if you break into someone's house they'll take you down to the local creek or river and feed you to the crocs.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's a fascinating case. Lots of people I know live in fear of the break-in, and they have all kinds of weaponry and plans for the awful day.

Once you've psyched yourself up for something awful, there's no telling how a person might snap once they're in the "fog of war." I mean, as average citizens we aren't trained for such things.

All that said, I feel like the guy went too far, if he's being honest in what he said to police. Once you see them down and immobile, that should be enough.

One question though: after the gunfire, why did the second teen come down the stairs? That just doesn't make any sense, unless the first teen had a gun, or unless the homeowner is making some **** up.

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

Say ghost i have a ? if your sitting in the basement waiting with a plann to shoot a person coming down the stairs isn't that borderline premeditated:confused:

5. edwardc

edwardc Member

He should spend the rest of his life in jail or get death this was a clear case of overkill.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I know, right. I said the same thing. If the description in the complaint is honest, you HAVE to shoot that person, because no person without a gun would walk down stairs like that into a foreign basement. But you don't have to execute them later.

The statements the dude already made makes you think that he isn't hiding anything. Makes me think the girl made a really bad decision to walk towards the gunfire.

Yeah, interesting take (although he didn't say it was those kids in particular). Guns in the basement sounds weird. But he sounds like a dude that would have guns everywhere...plus those were sh!tty guns down there, no. Think about it though; if you are going to hide in your house hoping to lure burglars and then ambush them...why would you hide in the basement? Why would you expect someone to go down there? And if they didn't go downstairs, you now are in a very bad perch from which to go ambush (i.e., low ground).

You'd hide upstairs and shoot them on their way UP THE STAIRS. You'd want the advantage of high ground, right? Or just wait in a chair behind a door like Carson Wells did.

And you would damn sure have a shotgun in your hand, not a Mini .22.

In the end, dude's complaint doesn't seem to be hiding anything at all. By default, I'm going to say he told us everything relevant, so I'm not getting this need to add things to the story to make him sounds worse as if he's hiding things. Dude pretty much said he executed the girl.

#66 heypartner, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  7. Major

Major Member

That's not what I asked. I want to know your response in a different situation and where the line would be drawn.

8. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

i personally don't own any firearms but he was justified in the initial shots. after that it seems like he just wanted to teach them a lesson...

not wanting to trouble the cops on a holiday is a lame excuse for such horrendous actions.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Perhaps they were a couple, and she wanted to check to see that her boyfriend was OK without considering her safety.

10. Classic

Classic Member

If they were lookin for pills, there's probably no rationale here.

11. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I'd imagine that this was a man who spent the majority of his adult life feeling frightened of the world, of people who would take his property, and this event had less to do with the actual practical application (or threat) of force to prevent theft, and far more to do with him revenging himself on some token criminals for the fear he has felt all these years.

12. Classic

Classic Member

But then there's this:
    I'm sure as more information becomes available, more about the guy's prior work and training will come to light.

13. Major

Major Member

I'd be curious what this guys' former job actually was. "State Department Security" is a bit of a vague term, but he very well be trained well beyond an average citizen.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I cannot help but wonder . . . .. .
    Would things be so vigorous if . . . . .
    [​IMG]

Won't play it yet *grin*Laugh*

Seriously.
    QUESTION: If someone breaks into your house. . . . does their life officially belong to you to do with as you please. What if he raped ole girl first? What if he caged them like THE BURNING BED [OLD Farrah Facet Movie]

While the deaths sounds like murder. . . the day wait is the most troubling
    If Walt and Jessie had to shoot a couple of folx coming down the basement door
    They would definately take that time to clean up ., . . . .

It is my JUMP TO CONCLUSION mat working here . . but what did he have time to clean up??????

Highly suspicious . . . .

I think he should see some jail time.

OUTLANDISH EXAMPLE: If I leave my doors unlocked and let it be knowing to my thuggish neighbor that I don't like that I am leaving it unlocked while I run to the store . . . have a friend drive away . . . and simply wait on the thug to come in . . . . Do I get to not only kill him but torture him . . .etc .

As state . . the question is. . . How far can a home owner go?
    Until death? Until incapacitated? Until out of harms way?

Rocket River

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't blame somebody for shooting multiple times, but he goes beyond that according to the article. If you can move the body, you shouldn't fire another shot.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: How is one worse than the other?
    I guess that is a poll question for another time. . .

Rocket River

17. spankz141

spankz141 Member

I agree

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

but it's irrelevant. like completely irrelevant. start another thread if you seriously want to know what people would do in the event a 90 year old naked woman wandered into their house.

19. bongman

bongman Member

This is what was really disturbing..

""If you're trying to shoot somebody and they laugh at you, you go again," Smith told investigators, according to a criminal complaint filed Monday"

20. Anticope

Anticope Member

The point is if you are OK with someone executing people who have broken into his house, where do you draw the line? At what point has this person gone too far in your mind?

Someone else brought up a good point a few posts back: if he feels secure enough to move the bodies around while they are still alive, how can you possibly feel that he is justified and fearful enough to feel the need to execute both of them?