1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Homeowner Kills Two Teenagers in His House

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Dec 4, 2012.

1. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

I'd have a shotgun with the first cartridge having rubber birdshot (do they even make that?)

If they're still hostile after the rubber, then they're getting pumped full of lead

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I don't understand what you are writing. Do you mean that people's responses are disingenuous? Do you mean that people won't know until it actually happens to them? I guess that's fair.

I don't know with a certainty whether or not I'd kill an intruder when the moment of truth comes. I do know that I'll have the ability to and it just depends on whether my flight or fight reaction kicks in, whether or not I have loved ones around, and a lot of it could be instinctual. I do know for sure that I don't want to die at the hands of an intruder, and that stuff happens a lot. It just doesn't get posted in this forum.

1 person likes this.
  3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If I catch somebody in my home, I am not going to say "shoot me and take my stuff, and rape my 8 yr old." They are going down.

My co-worker's 14 year old daughter was home alone, when 2 guys broke into the house. She went for the gun and hid in the closet. They must have heard her, because they split without taking anything. She has been trained in self-defense. They are going to take a bullet, if they want to force the issue and rape her.

#23 BetterThanEver, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

What exactly is there to debate?

Does a person have a right to use lethal force if he feels threatened? Of course.
    Does he have a right to end the life of a neutralized person? Of course not.
    Its it ok to delay the reporting? Again, of course not.

This isn't about the castle doctrine. This is about murder.

And no, its not premeditated murder. Stupid.

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

He deserves to be in jail.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

There's a difference between shooting a potentially dangerous burglar out of fear and walking up to an already incapacitated, harmless person and executing them.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Thank goodness for plea deals and probation.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

silly to me that you can be peacefully going about your business in the privacy of your own home, then imprisoned or punished for killing people who break into your home and threaten your safety.

should he have waited a day? probably not, but who cares? that's what he chose to do. slap him on the wrist. insane to think he should be punished in any capacity.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You are skipping over an important detail there. It really doesn't seem like you value life all that much if you think its OK to shoot someone in the face after they are incapacitated.

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

not really. i probably wouldn't have shot them in the face, but i sure as hell am not going to judge or think about punishing the guy who did. they are fair game in my opinion. i have no idea what would go through my mind after initially shooting somebody who is breaking into my home and threatening my safety.

just insane to think that it would be ok for this guy to get punished in any way.

11. durvasa

I'm with you up until the intruders are no longer a threat to their safety. Then it turns from legitimate self-defense to criminal vigilantism.

12. cardpire

cardpire Member

so you think he is a criminal and should be imprisoned?

13. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

You're either trying to be inflammatory on purpose or you missed the part of the article where he was guiding them down the stairs at gunpoint and then chose to execute them. I have little sympathy for them, but if you think you can execute someone for breaking into your house but THEN being of no danger to you, you are insane.

14. durvasa

That's for the jury to decide, but as it appears yes.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

nope, not trying to be inflammatory, nor did i miss anything in the article.

the kids broke into the man's home, and he chose to kill them. i don't care about any other details, they are irrelevant. once can handle burglars however the hell they choose and i am not going to judge or question whatever decision they make or attempt to psychoanalyze what is going on in their minds at the time. they are fair game. these two picked the wrong person's safety to threaten, and they paid the ultimate price for their illegal, criminal activity.

16. Classic

Classic Member

Hold up a sec yo, Imma bold & pull out the lines that are relevant here that takes this from a home defense issue to execution style murder.

17. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

If somebody breaks into my house, I am emptying my pistol until it goes click click click when I pull the trigger. If all the bullets land in the intruder, I am ok with that.

If you break into somebody's house, you take the risk of ending up dead.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

When Butch and Marsellus brought their street fight into a small business owner's store, who was just minding his own business, was it OK for them to get raped and tortured, with an impending execution by the Gimp. Or was that beyond the rights of store owner to protect his property.

19. Classic

Classic Member

was just about to post a pic of that scene lol

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

really?