1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Homeowner Kills Two Teenagers in His House

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Dec 4, 2012.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You've used multiple examples of reaction to rape to justify a reaction to a break in. If you are now saying they aren't the same, then will you admit that your examples were pointless and had absolutely nothing to do with the case?

Having your home broken into does not sit on the same plane as being violently raped.

Edit: Just to be clear, if the man had shot the kids in the head as they came down the stairs, or shot them and then they bled to death after falling or died from hitting their head, etc. I'd have no problem. I'd say "sucks that two kids lost their lives, but they shouldn't have broken into someone's home. A man has the right to defend his house."

That isn't what happened though.

2. cardpire

cardpire Member

they weren't pointless, they were attempts to show myopic posters other extreme examples where their views (of punishing somebody for a "crime" committed in response to a crime they they were the victims of) may change.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the victims were blak?

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

One is either Mixed race or . . he or his sister is adopted or . . . related by marriage :)
    The other I beleive [the girl] is white

Rocket River

5. Major

Major Member

You weren't asking me that question - but now, I've happily replied to it anyway. I've specifically asked you two separate questions, and others have asked you directly as well. You have yet to answer a single one.

You backed yourself into a corner with your "nothing else matters" philosophy, and now you're stuck unable to use that philosophy in other situations.

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

your question was so asinine that i didn't think that it needed to be dignified with a response. it's pretty clear that a naked lady wandering into a house and 2 people breaking through the window with the intent to commit a crime aren't in the same ballpark.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

but to answer your question, if the particular homeowner views her as a threat, sure, feel free to do whatever you need to do.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What is the homeowner is a coward . . .or paranoid?

Rocket River

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

shoot to kill.

10. rudan

rudan Member

They were white, it was self defense

If they were black.....................

11. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

You don't just break into Ethan Hunt's house and expect to walk away alive.

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I'd say more stupid than anything. Stupid for using a .22 for home defense.

Unfortunately if these two were black.. it's home invasion.. but since they are teens... they were just being teens. Well sorry I didn't do these kinds of things when I was growing up.. don't feel sorry for them at all.

13. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

You shouldn't feel sorry for them. However, as a legal matter, once the initial flurry of bullets have ceased...if they were still alive but incapacitated, should he be allowed to walk over to the fallen body and execute them?

If they break in and he opens fire and the intruders die from multiple gunshots, it's regrettable but understandable. If he opens fire and they are incapacitated and he shoots them point blank in the head...it feels like something different.

14. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

it does seem pointless which is why it's stupid for someone to use a .22 for home defense. Might as well use a knife. Which brings up the thought.. if the homeowner was armed only with a knife.. would it garner the same reaction? It would seem just as ruthless as shooting them with a .22 .. where does one draw the line on what's more "humane" way to die? Either way it's the same result. Sucks the theives had to find out the hard way but sometimes people get pushed too far. Everyone's breaking point is different. Some people haven't lived the cush life so they may be a little more unstable than suburban soccer mom.

1 person likes this.
  15. cardpire

cardpire Member

thank you. not sure how you are one of the few who grasps this concept.

16. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Makes sense to me. You take your life in your own hands when you break into someone's home. As a thief, breaking into someone's home is like breaking into a box of chocolates; You never know what you're gonna get, including getting popped and dying at the hands of a homeowner who has no idea of the intruders intentions.

17. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You strike me as a bat**** lunatic. You know, one of those crazies that us normal Texans are ashamed of because the rest of the nation sees Texans like you.

Seriously dude, your posts in this thread are ****ing crazy. I have to think it's a troll.

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

We grasp it. His breaking point is downright scary and deserves to be locked away.

19. cardpire

cardpire Member

repped?

20. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

It's like Dirty Harry meets Forrest Gump.