1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Homeland

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Sep 15, 2011.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It was but it was also what I expected if they wanted another season. Sets it up nicely with Brody running for Congress, Saul digging in deeper, and Carrie dealing with her issues. I wonder if she'll remember that part right before the anesthetics kicked in.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

As soon as Saul mentioned the airstrike, I knew that Carrie would remember that Brody mentioned Iza. They showed Brody's nightmare but didn't Brody also tell Carrie that Iza was his guard?

I was hoping the season finale would have more fireworks, but it carried on in the same subtle suspenseful pace as the season has gone on. This series definitely has a good premise with good writing, expected from the crew that made 24.

My biggest criticism of this show is the pacing. They need to create more thrills and lulls. I felt this season kept the same pacing in every episode. It did keep my attention, and I was anxious waiting for every Sunday to come. But what separates this show from being truly great is the ability to create the huge moments yet still keep the story going. That's what makes Breaking Bad the best TV series I've ever seen. The Breaking Bad writers are so good at taking the audience up and down but still making it continuous.

All in all, it was a great season. This has become one of my favorite series, and I can't wait for season two. I'm wondering how Carrie continues her work now that she's doesn't have her CIA job anymore. Maybe she still has loyal contacts and assets that she can rely on.

3. joesr

joesr Member

Is it bad that a part of me was kinda wanting the Vice President to die?

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Regards to your spoiler, I think Saul mentioned it was the youngest son and said his name. Didn't he?

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I never heard him mention the name. All I remember is him saying it was his youngest son, and I was waiting for Carrie to figure it out or ask the name.

6. aghast

aghast Member

Absolutely fantastic acting all around, but especially by Damian Lewis in the bunker scene.

I'd only seen him before in Band of Brothers. (Just looked him up on IMDB. Barely remember his tv show on NBC, Life existing.)

Why isn't he a major star?

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

So that's why the terrorists hate us! We torture them and blow up their children and cover it up! The enemy is us!

It makes sense now. Islamic terrorism is based on reprisal for death of family members. Thank you Hollywood.

I call on Obama for immediate cessation of all drone strikes.

8. Commodore

very bad

9. aghast

aghast Member

Actually, we've blown the ---- out of innocent civilians for years, in mistaken drone strikes.

What the television show has absolutely wrong: no one much cares about dead children, if they're foreign-looking, much less it being a scandal sufficient to take down a vice-president.

Related (NSFW--language):
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TeCMCJc5-jg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Commodore

disagree

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Damn, I loved the first season of this show. Very awesome ending. Hopefully the second season will be even better.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

One unequivocal fact about this first season; Carrie is an ugly crier.

Did they ever find that mole?

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

i did not feel one ounce of pity for carrie...the b**** slept with someone she is suspecting to be a freakin terrorist. she has some serious issues.

never found the mole...im guessing its a character they have not introduced yet.

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

No doubt. Whenever I start to see that jaw quiver here comes the ugly face.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BdORnMZTFuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

You have no idea what you're talking about..she's beautiful

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Just started watching this...WOW, what a great fkn show...I'm halfway through it now, started Friday and it gets better and better...One of the best shows on tv...

btw, Jessica (aka Ana from V) is hot and has nice boobs...

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Recorded the series when they showing a marathon a couple of weeks ago.

Awesome show. We watched 3 last night and were about to start the 4th, which is also the finale, but it was getting late.

Some great twists and WTF moments. Can't wait to see how it ends this season.

P.S. I'm still pissed off at the wife for telling her husband to run when they were tracking the phone call. :mad::mad:

18. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I thought season 1 started off slow, and finished pretty good. I'm sure it's better watching in the span of a few days rather than a few months. Regardless, season 2 should be pretty darn good.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Absolutely right! I started watching Dexter after season 5 ended. Boy was it awesome watching episode after episode! So much more thrilling then waiting a week and picking up. But it is worth it!

20. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Just finished season 1. Very well made. Anyone else finding Brody's ginger-ness distracting?