1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Homeland

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Sep 15, 2011.

1. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

what a crazy episode. where in the world do they go from here? this honestly made such little sense, obviously no one saw that coming...

2. joesr

joesr Member

I definitely didnt see this coming and if they can swing it then they got me for next season. As of right now this show has been jumping to the top of my charts. Its already jumped ahead of Dexter and Hung but not Psych or Supernatural, lol.

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Just saw the trailer in the first post. I will now begin watching this show as soon as I finish my stats hw.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Just caught up on the season and WOW! Can't wait for the next episode. Totally did not see this coming.

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

do y'all think that's definitively the end of him being a possible terrorist?

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I resent the fact that the blonde chick keeps leaving her bra on. Other than that, the little I've seen (no pun intended) looks interesting. More interesting than the actual "Homeland" thingy in real life, anyway, which makes air travel such a pain in the arse, along with other aspects of it best left out of this conversation.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Well if I understood correctly is that they showed a picture of Brody and Thomas to the girl they picked up in Mexico and she identified Thomas
    who is dead
    as the pow who was turned. Couldn't it be that he actually is dead and the girl is just protecting Brody?

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My thoughts exactly.

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

what about the sketch drawing of the person seen on the roof? also, i guess you may not have watched next weeks previews yet. not that your theory can't still be true, but there's at least a black person who resembles thomas who is heavily involved in next week's episode.

either way, i'm guessing that the final scene of the season will be some tipoff that heavily hints at brody having been turned, but this past episode at least cast some doubt in my mind.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Did she not start drawing the composite sketech before Saul asked David for the picture of Brody? I think after she drew Thomas in the sketch Saul realized who it was and wanted Brody's picture to see if she recognized him as well, which she didn't..only Thomas.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Like Carrie said, he could still be playing the long game; I wouldn't rule him out just yet.

I wonder if Carrie really feels for Brody or if she was just off her meds at the Cabin.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I completely forgot about the sketch! You're right. But I'm still not willing to rule out Brody. He just rubs me the wrong way. The whole the whole time he was alone with Carrie I was super nervous for her.

Can someone explain to me why Thomas would be targeting the helipad,m-1, next to the house? Is that suppose to be the big terrorist attack?

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I'm leaning towards Brody not being a terrorist. So far all they've shown is him saying namaz in the garage and praying with his fingers (substitution when one doesn't have a rosary). Clever job of convincing the audience that he might be a terrorist cause he has converted to Islam.

Carrie has mentioned that Brody's whereabouts could have been leaked on purpose. Maybe that is the case, but not for the reason she is thinking. Brody is not the one that has turned, but he thinks he himself killed Thomas, when that is obviously not the case.

So Brody confirms Thomas's death in the US and the terrorist cell sneaks Thomas in somehow knowing everybody else thinks he is dead.

I am curious as to why Saul failed the polygraph first time around.

Also, can't believe how self destructive Carrie is. She slept with someone she believed to be a terrorist.

14. R0ckets03

An assassination plot of some important political figure? The FBI mentioned that a good sniper would be able to take someone out from the roof. But I think next week's clip showed something about a rocket launcher as well?

15. Buck Turgidson

Marine One is the Presidential helicopter (ala the plane Air Force One). Not sure why he would be choppering into a commercial airport; doesn't AF-1 take off from Andrews AF Base?

16. R0ckets03

Was it a commercial airport? I thought it was some kind of military base?

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Yea brody might still be a terrorist. Maybe he told Carrie that he killed walker so that they wouldn't suspect anything. This show got really good and quick!

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

You guys think Saul may know more? Still weird he failed the first polygraph test even though he was stressed.

19. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Yeah.

Great episode Sunday.

20. joesr

joesr Member

Do you want a suspense in the middle of the season to make sence already or keep you jumping trying to figure out whats going on? I think it makes perfect sence though. Al queda purposely made dude seem like the target to buy time or what not.