1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Holy crap I'm out of shape

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Molotov Cocktail, Apr 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

So we broke the 60 degree mark today for the first time in 6 months and I decided to celebrate by going on a nice bike ride in the 62 degree sunshine.

I lasted about a mile (with a slight hill) and damn near died from exhaustion. It was truly pathetic. I think it'll be easier to just keep my winter beer gut.

2. Glish21

Glish21 Member

Ya I seem to have added an all seasons beer gut. Last year was my freshman year in college didn't gain a thing. Now eating and drinking about the same in my sophomore year I've finally gotten those 15 pounds promised to me. I tried to run 2 miles like I used to in high school and after 1 I was dead tired and out of breath. Damn cheap keystone prices ;)

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You pansy.:p

Last time I went to workout, it was the first time I had worked out since last August or so. I was so bent out of shape. I worked out a little arms, some abs, and then I decided to run.

Anyways, when I run, I usually start setting goals for myself. Once I achieve those goals, I generally keep pushing myself further and further. This works pretty well, as it helps to let you see how much simple mindpower can do for you. Anyways, I ended up running 2.8 miles that day. It was the first day for me to hit a treadmill in more than half a year.

That just goes to show you that will-power is about 90% of it.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Or what about you only being 18? :)

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Me too man. I am currently drining some more Coors.

I am badly out of shape, sports wise. I am not fat or anything...just out of shape.

Man...

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

17.;)

Plus, I rean a lot during football...which is the cause of the lack of lifting. But, hey! We're trying to get the man motivated.

Here's to hoping he's old and can't read this.

7. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

I damn nearly died from masterbation the other day...

and I'm spent.

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I was up to running 30 minutes six days a week and lifting weights 4 days about 10 days ago. Then, the freakin' schedule went crazy and I had zero time for anything. I just got back to it today and I made 15 minutes running before I started to feel like dog****. Tomorrow, going for 20. I hope to be back up where I was by the end of the week.

9. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I am in peak physical condition.

Make sure you're not in my way next time I'm in the weight room.

11. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Or what? You'll frighten us with your muscles? :D

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Apparently, my metabolism is finally slowing down as the days of me eating whatever and not having to worry about putting on the pounds are over.

A month ago, I was around 192 and then like 2 weeks ago, I was up to 200. Now you got to remember that I weighed 150 for years and years it seems before gaining 30 pounds right before I started working out.

So, I am back to running as much as I can. Yesterday was 3 miles in a steady rain, but it had to be done. No way in hell am I going to get a fat belly on me if I can help it.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He'll sic a big rat on you.

14. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Yep. Same here. I'm awfully close to 200 pounds, so back to the gym I must go! I'm just glad the gym in my building recently put LCD screens on every exercise bike and treadmill there.

15. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I get winded running to the bathroom.

16. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Well, I ran half an hour on my norditrack elliptical and burned about 150 fat calories. Wonder how many miles that would be?

17. droxford

droxford Member

Possum. He'll sick a big possum on you.

-- droxford

18. drapg

drapg Member

You're all pansies.

The whole lot of ya! :p