1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hollywood Gossip] Sony Hacked, Hilarity Ensues

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

OOOooooo, Whedon doing Spider-Man would be awesome

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Who knew Channing Tatum was such a douche? ;)

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It has been my experience that Hollywood producers are assholes, they scream, yell, and belittle people for no reason to try to get the upper hand, many times without knowing even what it is they are yelling about.

I honestly can say that I hate Hollywood types, just can't stand their narcissistic rantings - in general they are the most insecure, and dishonest people I have ever had the displeasure to meet.

DD

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You'd think that if they just removed North Korea from the movie and replaced it with a fictional country/dictator, maybe loosely based on a composite of authoritarian societies (including NK) all of this could have been prevented.

They just had to use Kim Jong Un and North Korea.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Other than lawyers anyway...

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hollywood lawyers are the worst.

DD

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm pretty sure that NK's state run media frequently releases content that wishes death on America. Why should we tone down a movie that is clearly a comedy just because they get their panties in a bunch? Screw that.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You have to wonder, what with the linguistics of the threat.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

These leaks are fun. I hope we get more from other companies and industries.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This is what I've thought all along. Clearly, these leaks are pretty dumb.

11. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Can you share? I'm in IT security as well. This stuff always fascinates me.

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I'm curious why this isn't being reported on.

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

We need to have a Congressional investigation or special government research committee look into this matter.

14. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Of course it is for publicity! The announcement for not releasing the movie on Dec 25th is all part of the plan.

Imagine the hype this movie is generating right now. It's not a question of if but how.

I figured if the film goes straight to video they will lose a chunk of change but if releases in the exhibitors...watch out! $$$

15. Buck Turgidson

And the US government is playing along why?

16. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

They've been wanting support for a North Korea war? Win win. :grin:

17. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i bet there was some blackmail involved here.

the embarrassing emails that were released were probably the tip of the iceberg. there are most certainly a lot more out there that would ruin the careers and reputations of some very powerful people if not totally bring sony down. im betting that is why this movie is getting shelved.

they are a muliti-billion dollar company who just took a $100 million dollar hit. not that it doesnt hurt, but in the grand scheme of things that lost money is a drop in the bucket.

18. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Unleash the Kraken Google

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In wake of Sony hacks, Google takes legal action against the MPAA's &quot;Project Goliath&quot; <a href="http://t.co/0aNR8zjk3q">http://t.co/0aNR8zjk3q</a> <a href="http://t.co/EbwYoR9zL2">pic.twitter.com/EbwYoR9zL2</a></p>&mdash; The Verge (@verge) <a href="https://twitter.com/verge/status/545979737903226881">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You can have the best and most secure system in the world and it won't matter...because it still comes down to a stupid human making an error, such as clicking an email link or whatever.

Just think if we had to go to war with NK. We would likely lose the cyberwar and they could probably shut down critical systems here in the US...probably even taking the entire power grid offline. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean they don't know how to do it. Our own politicians admit that a lot of these critical systems are lacking in security to defend against such an attack.

We at least need a way to run some of these systems old school that doesn't involve software on systems connected to the Internet.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The only good thing to come of this so far. F*** the MPAA.