1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hollywood Gossip] Sony Hacked, Hilarity Ensues

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

This.

I find the whole thing amusing and blown out of proportion due to typical media sensationalizing. The only real story here is the North Korea stuff.

95% of all companies have executives and directors who internally share candid (and sometimes crass) views about things and people. When major costs in the tune of thousands/millions/billions are on the line...you kinda have to be frank and blunt about how you feel, not tip-toe or Mr. Nice Guy.

Sony might want to consider putting a little more money into IT security. I've heard this hack job was rather easy to pull off.

Jolie's death-stare is funny though.

2. downbytheriver

Nope,wrong. Reread the link you posted.

Pascal was taking up for Jolie in e-mails.

Fact check.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Article from the verge...

I read that four days ago, as in, the day before stuff started leaking. This is why I suggested it.

----------
    Hackers tell Sony to halt the release of The Interview
    By Russell Brandom on December 8, 2014 04:58 pm

A new message has been posted on GitHub, purporting to be from the Sony hackers and offering a fresh batch of sensitive corporate data. The message threatens further consequences if the studio continues with its release of "the movie of terrorism," believed to refer to The Interview, an upcoming comedy starring Seth Rogen and James Franco, which depicts the assassination of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. It's the most explicit reference to the film that the attackers have made so far, although many had previously linked the attacks to North Korean retaliation for the film's release.

Over the weekend, Rogen and Franco had made light of the attacks on Saturday Night Live, sharing "leaked" photos as part of a skit, but it now appears their latest work is being directly targeted. The message is reproduced in full below:

We have already given our clear demand to the management team of SONY, however, they have refused to accept. It seems that you think everything will be well, if you find out the attacker, while no reacting to our demand. We are sending you our warning again. Do carry out our demand if you want to escape us. And, Stop immediately showing the movie of terrorism which can break the regional peace and cause the War! You, SONY & FBI, cannot find us. We are perfect as much. The destiny of SONY is totally up to the wise reaction & measure of SONY.

------

Also, big fan of Franco and Rogen. Want to see this.

4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not a big deal, but it's not.

From your link-

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

These baby boomer assholes, just die! And Andrew Garfield was fired so looks like Spidey might be in Captain America 3 afterall. The new James Bond script leaked and the 3rd act is a mess. Don't wanna spoil it but it out there.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Secret “Project Goliath” pits Sony Pictures, Comcast and others against Google <a href="http://t.co/bRSaE4ca1i">http://t.co/bRSaE4ca1i</a> <a href="http://t.co/ecBFeNQUYo">pic.twitter.com/ecBFeNQUYo</a></p>&mdash; The Verge (@verge) <a href="https://twitter.com/verge/status/543725289193230337">December 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

So now they're gonna reboot the reboot.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ah, you're right. My bad. Good catch.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good! They need to scrap the 'Amazing' films, put him in Cap 3 / Avengers, then make a trilogy with Spidey.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Unfortunately it's a very relationship-intensive business, so this could conceivably jeopardize a lot of deals and projects to the benefit of all the other studios. If these were all still standalone firms with ex-agents at the top of the food chain rather than corporate boards, hedge/pension funds and activist investors, and entertainment journalism wasn't the hydra that it is now, there'd probably be a lot of self-deprecating and admitting that everyone talks like this.

10. 713

713 Member

The latest rumor is Tobey will return as Spiderman. Oh ****TT

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

best news I've heard all day!

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Whedon is done with Avengers. Spider Man would be a big deal. See if he wants to craft that franchise and give him the same leeway they gave to the Guardians director. I think that's a project he might actually stick around for.

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Was this before or after Amy Pascal said he was broke and didn't want to take on any more of his projects (link to story is actually from his own article)

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

After. He mentions that in the NYT article.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I actually didn't read the article, haha. I saw the headline, and it seemed to represent my thoughts on the issue. We know this info was stolen, as entertaining as it might be, the media, and we, are no better than high school gossip girls.

17. mikus

mikus Member

Based on the comments on the article, it seems like the majority think it's fair game to peruse these emails and judge what supposed to be private communications. And thus the public media beast continues to grow.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

there isn't a need for any movie to be made but that doesn't stop us from enjoying them

19. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

No, most movies being terrible is what stops us from enjoying them.

20. rudan

rudan Member

Would be awesome if all of this is for publicity for the film, would be the most awesome hoax in history!