1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hollinger's Rockets predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

13th in the conference should be good for the 5th or 6th pick. I'd be cool with that. But if we're gonna lose that many games, might as well lose a few more and aim for a top 3 pick (bottom 3 record).

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm in agreement with this. We're nowhere close to the discussion of being a contender. Martin is going to win games for this team...he has higher value seeing what we can get for him and then pairing that with a potentially super high draft pick next season.

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I posted this in the game thread last night. If Kevin Martin can continue his hot streak, get something (picks please) for him now. No more useless wins.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we have to build a foundation for a culture of losing early on. we're in a dogfight with ORL, NO, CHA, WAS, etc. ORL might already have the #1 locked up, but our mindset from opening night should be to aim for that #2. every player on the roster from 1-15 should be working towards this goal.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He'll have higher value if he shows that last year was a fluke.

6. MadMax

and that's true too. i'm wondering if he's shown enough in preseason to increase his worth at all.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My first reaction would be no, but he is a proven scorer, so who knows.

8. teebone21

teebone21 Member

we already have 4 draft picks you can't get draft picks for player making 12.5 mill

9. teebone21

teebone21 Member

I am glad McHale doesn't think like u guys, i wont even attend any games this season

10. MadMax

Do you honestly think Kevin McHale believes he has a championship contender on his hands right now?

Do you honestly think he wouldn't salivate over the opportunity to coach a top 3 pick next season?

Say what you want about Kevin MARTIN..at least he's been honest. I don't expect ownership, management or coach to come out and be so honest...but I'm also not dumb enough to believe they can't see what's in front of them.

11. Raven

Raven Member

It is doubtful (not impossible) that anything we get for Martin at the deadline is worth what he will cost us in draft position.

Tanking begins game one. Trade K-Mart. Now.

12. MadMax

Yeah..if having him means we take ourselves out of the race for the top pick, then I don't think the incremental value in trading him later vs. now matters. Good point.

13. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Raven, is there anything you give a damn about this season other than draft position?

14. MadMax

Raven and I tend to think alike, so I'll answer for me...

I want to see Lin prove to be worth the investment. Partially because I really like the guy, personally, but mostly because I'm a Rockets fan.

I want to see Parsons continue to develop...I feel confident that will happen. He can be a piece of the next Rockets team that matters, I believe.

I'm super curious about Royce White and how the personal dimensions of that experiment are going to work out. I want him to do well...but I'm also defensive of the position it puts the Rockets in.

I really like Jones and what I think he's capable of being.

Assuming Comcast SportsNet finds its way to Uverse, I will absolutely be watching. If not, I'll be hitting up flashseats and running to sports bars to get my fix. I love my Rockets no matter what...but I won't pretend that I think that they're built for anything but rebuilding right now...and I won't pretend that I don't think a high draft pick is anything but the best realistic potential outcome of this season.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i was going to respond something to this, but then i saw your sig and i completely forgot what i was going to say

wtf! :cool:

1 person likes this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

a well balanced article about the Rockets... whaaat?

17. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

just let Martin pad his stats until the trade deadline so we cold sell high, though I want us to win, i do expect a midseason/season end collapse with all the rookies on board

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

We'll trade Martin for another tweener PF with no three point shot.

19. Raven

Raven Member

Developing Lamb and D-Mo.
    Trying to maximize Lin's ability, because Les will never trade him.
    Dumping vets & distractions.
    Addressing the power forward logjam.
    The further development of Parsons.
    Watching Asik prove the doubters wrong.

The roster can play well and still lose 55 games. That isn't uncommon when your team is loaded with first, second, and third year players.

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

27-55!? That's great! Now we have a better shot at getting Zeller!