1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hollinger] Post-Yao Rockets already here

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Dec 18, 2010.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm not trying to be argumentative...but just want to clarify...do you REALLY think this squad is one player away from being a championship contender??

2. trugoy

trugoy Member

If that big man is dwight howard, than yes.

3. onreego

onreego Member

But I thought Hill was the next amare, Aaron the next Parker, bud the black Joe Johnson.

4. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

More like a black hole sucking everything in the Universe up.

Thought in the blowout last night he would get going, but he did not,

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Adelman is going to coach to win games. Its his job (or future coaching job) on the line if the Rockets tank.

It appears that with Yao gone, he may actually shorten up the rotation. There is a renewed sense of urgency to win as many games as possible for him.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sorry dude .. but this the THE ROCKETS not THE TEXANS!

Rocket River

7. PeppermintCandy

From the article:
    Hmm, aside from Carmelo whom Houston won't get, are there any max free agant worth signing this off-season?

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't think he is going to stick around after this season......he signed on to coach Yao and TMac....not this team....

I have nothing tangible, but I think this could be his last year.

DD

9. durvasa

Could be. Which is why I think he'll want to win as many games as possible. If he can get this team into the playoffs without Yao, he'll be a COTY candidate. Lots of teams would pay good money for that.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, true, which I think will bother TWill as he may be sitting a lot more than he expects to.....

DD

11. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

I think DM, in one of his 610 interviews, said that RA wont stick along for too long. last contract i guess. and now that Yao is down, i think there is a huge possibility that he might step out.

12. durvasa

Return of Van Gundy? We've got the offensive firepower ... someone to drill in the defensive fundamentals would be good.

13. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

would be very entertaining to have Van Gundy on the sideline ;) . If he comes back , our lineup would be

Jeffries
    Chuckwagon
    Battier
    Lee
    Lowry

all others will be shunned ;) . Bud wil get his butt kicked

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Regardless of what Morey said, this team was moving on from Yao the minute he had foot surgery. Did anyone really, really think that Yao was going to be a superstar player or even be able to play a whole season again? I'm certain Rockets management did not.

The team had the problem of trying to balance Les looking to maximize his investment, keeping the fans in the seats and trying to win. The only way to do that until a real superstar can be acquired was to lie about Yao's role on this team.

If anything, this injury was a blessing to the franchise from a basketball standpoint. Now they can move on and don't have to juggle Yao's presence on the team anymore.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This team wins 50+ with JVG. No doubt in my mind about that.

16. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Ooooh...

Future plan:
    1. Sign Van Gundy
    2. Sign Marc Gasol
    3. Try and acquire star/mid-level star (an Iggy/Gerald Wallace type)
    4. Trade a pick for Anthony Randolph
    5. Extend Jordan Hill, Courtney Lee (sorry Bud)

17. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

I think we should gamble on lottery level talent. Remember Kobe Bryant was drafted at #13 and Wade at #5.

Its all about talent, potential, opportunity to play, development, and work ethic. That how one becomes a STAR or SUPERSTAR.

#11 Terrance Williams
    #8 Jordan Hill
    #14 Patrick Patterson
    #2 Haseem Thabeet
    #14 Anthony Randolph

They are all lottery picks with an a lot of unique talents. They just need time, opportunity, development, and veteran leadership to show them how to work and be professionals.

This is how you make your own fate the RIGHT way instead of blowing up the team and TANKING.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . and out come the VAN GUNDY-ites
    :rolleyes:

Rocket River

19. albuster

albuster Member

Agree. The probability of this happening is pretty high, in my opinion.

20. albuster

albuster Member

If Van Gundy did not take the Rockets to the playoffs with the healthy McGrady and Yao, is there a reason to believe that he would be able to lead this team to the playoffs?

To those who wished for this moment, the end of Yao and the start of rebuilding, I hope you really enjoy this because you got what you wished for. Personally, I have already seen this before and I do not look forward to the pain, agony and frustration of this process again.