1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hollinger] Chris Paul continues taking shots at Rafer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Honey Bear, Mar 20, 2008.

1. ssp0929

ssp0929 Member

Rafer would cross his ass, then kick his ass.

2. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

David West has got to be one of the least worthy All Star picks of all time. This guy got picked ahead of t-mac.

3. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Yeah, call me crazy, but I think Turkoglu was better deserving than West.

That's just me, though.

4. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Yes Yao is better than West but everything you say is wrong.

19-9 isn't 1000000000000x worse than 22-10.

Yao has been in the league longer, and how many all-stars you've been too doesn't have a baring on who is currently better. Is Shaq better than Yao because he's been to more than double the all-star games?

Counting the votes, now that is a great way to determine who is better. :rolleyes:

Lastly, it doesn't matter how many people idolize a player that doesn't determine anything other than who can win a popularity contest.

5. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

I'm a huge Yao fan (as 99% of Chinese fans), but I'll admit Shaq was better than Yao when he was younger. Now he's getting old so Yao's better.

100000000000000x, well i was exaggerating. get over it.

West probably got into all-star cuz it was in NO (maybe not, but who's to say since he didn't make the starter?)

19-9. comeon you gotta be smarter to figure out the STATS don't mean anything. Look at Yao's defense night in and night out and you'll see the difference. Double teamed almost on every single position, and T-Mac/Rafer hasn't been very effective of feeding him the ball until the streak started.

sure # of fans doesn't count. But to me, Yao > West any day. (as for about 10 billion people on earth will agree with me, only Chris Paul doesn't)

6. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

probably because it's NO's home court.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

NO= a bunch of nobodies getting Wins. Seriously, this team is scary because if you were to pull them all apart you'd be left with a pile of ****. I don't think any of these pieces would really excel anywhere else. So Chris Paul, STFU before Rafer PFC's in your TLB and then FRTS on your ass. Word.

8. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

I read the first 3 pages wanted to chime in with my 2 cents

CP3 is damn good, like crazy good HE MAKES HIS TEAM LOOK LIKE ALLSTARS THATS WUT CRAZY GOOD PLAYERS DOOOOOOOO ie. west going to the all star game

he's still a punk and will easily loose though in the playoffs - ie. see his cockiness and media darlingness ala "flash"

rafer really needs to calm down, i knew he pissed them off the other game and we'd lose cuz of it

when we have yao back, we'll easily trash teh hornets but still need another backup scorer to fix our holes

lastly, this is a forum... if u really care wut it sez under your name on the left (for some odd reason this is a big deal to people who aren't rookies) Please get help, you need it - i hear going outside helps

ps. STOP THE HATING. backup the team stop trashing it

9. MaxwellsTemper

CP3 can call out Rafer, and can pretty much talk about how he's better than almost anyone in the league, because frankly he is one of the top PGs and top players in the association right now.

But despite that, I think Rafer was right. David West isn't a superstar.

10. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Damn CP3 thinks he tough as hell I guess.

11. skip to my lou

I think cp3 is a b**** for putting this in the media i mean everybody trash talks but they leave it on the court even though rafer said some things to them during the game he still said "N.O is a great team and chris paul is a great player" for cp3 to go on a tirade "clowing" rafer as a player makes him look soft IMO and im wondering what rafer or t-mac has to say about this

12. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

ralfer was just making his point about the media putting the houston down during the winning streak like making excuse that if west was playin the houston would had never won that game and the hornet took it the wrong way. During and befor the game ralfer had stop talking and make up with chandler but during the game most of the hornet was trashing to ralfer even through he had stopped before the game. Also after the game he had said sorry to the hornet team for any offense taking. Cp3 is great player, but this little thing should leave it on the court like most great player does.

13. johnmvp

johnmvp Rookie

CP3 makes cover boy then he thinks he's hot ****.

14. neobomb

neobomb Member

your prob one of the guys who say the rockets aren't "tuff"

15. RYOUNG

RYOUNG Member

Just wanted to say maybe we should cut Rafer some slack because by and large the man has shown great character. At the beginning of the season it was obvious every man and their dog wanted him out. Working out with guys who were obviously brought in to replace him must have been soul destroying, yet the man sucked it up and met the challenge. This year Rafer has been on an emotional roller coaster. He has shown he has heart and he cares about winning. Maybe he loses it sometimes but the man has character and heart.

Yes, he may not be elite but he has come a long way with skills he has. He is not gifted as a lot of the players in this league but really wants to win and cares about the team. As Van Gundy says, you can't expect a man who is on the edge to not go over it sometimes.

Just my two cents

16. ssp0929

ssp0929 Member

He certainly isn't showing any character today. And CP3 never had good character in the first place. Honestly though, CP3 and the Hornets are just a lucky nobody team. I mean its all luck. Its like Kobe and the Lakers a few years back. You can't do it by yourself, so they'll be looking at a first round loss in the playoffs.

17. battousai

battousai Member

This is exact same thing I said about how Amare became all-star when he was carried by Nash.

heck if you put Landry with CP3 or Nash, he would be way way better than west and amare combined. The only knock on landry is his size, too short. Landry got better touches than Amare and West in their rookie seasons.

Look at how boozer turn out once he started playing with deron.
    Amare, west boozer...landry...they are good finisher around the basket, with good passer they are unstoppable. That's why these players starting to add range to their game to fill in their voids.

West got into the all-star because of CP3 and scott as coach. no way West beat out Duncan, dirk, and other big 4. see if he will be coming back to all-star next season when NO no longer the host. I beat you west wouldn't be there.

Alston couldn't make it to the all-star because that exact coattail has already been used up by tmac. If it wasn't for Yao Tmac would at least missed two all-star appearance. he even said it himself that he doesn't deserved it.

18. ibm

ibm Member

as much as i like landry, this assessment of yours is VERY wrong.

you can't teach size. and if there are 5 amare's or west's in the league, there're probably 2 dozens of landry's.

just my opinion.

19. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

And your opinion is right. Landry isn't an Amare, West, or Boozer. At least not yet and I'm the biggest Landry fan on this board. Landry has shown potential to be like Amare and West due to athletic freakness.

The Boozer comparison makes no sense what so ever. Boozer's game is raw strength he and Scola are very similar except Boozer is better. Also saying Deron has made Boozer shows the guy I and IBM are posting in response to is not very well informed to put it lightly. You do remember Boozer's 16-12 year in Cleveland right. You know the whole reason why there was ever a Boozergate controversy in the first place. You do realize that Amare had two full seasons without Nash don't you? The ROY of one and the 20-9 second year performance.

Hopefully one day Landry can be at these guys levels but he's no where near yet.

20. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

This is all weak on both Rafer and CP3's part. They need to be as chippy on the court as they are in the papers. It's ridiculous. For Rafer to bring West into it was just stupid. West is a really strong player and putting up good numbers. He's no superstar, but he deserved to be an all star. Much more so than Yao did his first year so I don't wanna here the crap about him making it just because it was in NO. Rafer needs to keep his mouth shut and put up some numbers against Paul. Last I checked Rafer was getting used by Paul on the the court. CP3 needs to be what he is, a SuperStar in the making and show some class. You don't see Lebron, Kobe, or Yao talking down to players that they know are class or two below them. Say what you gotta say on the court and leave it there.