1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Holliday back with Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

One less job for JaDopey.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

But he wasn't our kick returner....unless they're putting Holliday back there for punts??

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

So they gonna bring a brotha back for the same bs job he failed miserably??... I wonder if this is racially motivated!!!

5. BeerKnurd

BeerKnurd Member

Did he fail at it? I thought he was just injury prone and had a hard time staying on the field. He's better than Jacoby though...

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Kind of puzzled by this. Manning is a solid kick returner, and as bad as Jacoby is as a receiver, he's still a potential game-changer at punt returner.

I don't recall anyone complaining too much about his return ability until just now when he stunk it up at receiver. He's going to have his share of zero yard returns with all of the dancing he does, but he doesn't fumble the punts anymore and he's got breakaway speed. As long as he's not fumbling the ball, I'll take him over a question mark like Holliday or a guy without speed like Mason.

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Now if he stays injury prone after this new kickoff rule , he's too damn soft!!!... He dont even have to return them half the time.... Easy money!!!

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Can Holliday even return punts? I feel like I recall him having some questionable hands.

I'd definitely take Mason over JJ though, probably not on a punt return though except those times where you say "no matter what we can't have a bad decision on this punt."

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

He was OK at it. In last years preseason, he averaged 23 yards a return. In his one preseason game this year against the Vikings he averaged 26 yards a return. He did a decent job of returning punts in that game too. I do remember him muffing some kicks last season due to a thumb injury and the brace/wrap? he was wearing.

Manning is averaging 27.5 yards a return this season, close to his career average of 26.9. I'm not sure why we'd replace him unless Kubes is just worried about him getting injured.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Protect Manning maybe.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Doesnt this include the 6/7 yards deep in the end zone returns... That equates to starting at the 20 yard line right??.... Thats why they lookin to upgrade !!!

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

a little curious but would it be possible they want to use him as a 4th WR? their lack of speed is obvious..he certainly add that, even though he can't catch

13. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

manning is one of the best kick off returners in the game. You don't upgrade unless you get Hester....there is more than meets the eye here.

14. justtxyank

Maybe they are getting pissed and want to trade or cut Jacoby.

15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

So he's #2????.... Now thats funny!!!!

16. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

ok, i'll explain this for you slowly and clearly.

Hester is by far the best. After that, you can pretty much lump the next group of guys at the top of the list. Manning is on that list.

Manning is #4 in the league right now in return yards.

Are you really this slow or is this some kind of schtick i'm missing?

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

blame the schtick... Has Manning made any game changing returns??...just askin because I dont recall any....

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I wonder if this is racially motivated.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He could in college. You're right in he muffed a couple in the 2010 preseason (his only on-field time with the Texans), but he apparently was playing with a pretty bad thumb injury that required surgery... team believes that was why. We'll see.

20. justtxyank

It is. The Texans are biased against homo sapiens. They jumped at the opportunity to sign a hobbit.