1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hold on you knee jerkers & whiners.... We ARE the FAVORITES.... If Lakers don't get Kawhi.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Canada, Jul 2, 2019.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Just have to rebound....that’s all

BaselineFade likes this.
  2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

BetOnline title odds Western Conference

LA +300
    HOU +1000
    GS +1000
    DEN +1600
    LAC +1600
    UTA +2000
    POR +2500
    OKC +2800
    DAL +4000
    NO +4000

It’s not just clutchfans homers

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Utah got better, but they were worse than us and it remains to be seen...
    Portland is worse.
    Warriors are worse

"Lmao bringing up the Warriors"

Yep they're obviously an irrelevant team that we never had to play.. Why would I ever bring them up.

I should talk about DENVER huh?

4. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i still dont think lakers are gonna be as good as people think. they got no depth. that was one of the biggest things that made GS so great while their stars rested.

5. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

LOL we own them? Based off of what? Regular season games? So you are saying they owned us last year? So they were better than us the year BEFORE THEY TRADED FOR KAWHI? The east is not the "leastern conference" anymore at least not as far as the top teams are concerned. Raptors, bucks and sixers are at the minmimum as good as us. If not harden would have won the mvp last year.

Bengchu likes this.
  6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

yea remember how we were betting favorites to win game 6

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

We are nowhere near close to favorites no matter what Kawhi does

Icehouse and J Sizzle like this.
  8. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

all those teams are younger and have made changes to improve but yea go ahead

9. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

OP must be a Rockets employee as he is following their modus operandi

Slef proclaimed favorites to win teh Western Conference next season
    Self proclaimed favorites to land Jim Butler

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I am not an MDA fan...
    He is the Marty Schottenheimer of the NBA...
    Unfortunately, MDA (and many on here) consider reg season stats and efficiencies as some kind of accomplishment - as opposed to realizing reg season is just training for the post season...

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

KD missed one game... The entire series was close... They're a worse team....

Pelicans? STOP **** POSTING

12. macan

macan Member

at least we don't have to deal with melo drama earlier in the season this time. i like our chances if CP can stay healthy..

jcf likes this.
  13. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

What depth? We only resigned Rivers and Gerald so far. and have lost the rest of our bench. Hartenstein will for sure be elevated to a pivotal bench role, so let's hope he's ready for it!

You're really under-estimating the moves that Utah made
    Utah:
    Added starting PG Conley
    Added Jeff Green who has shown he is a good bench role player on a contender.
    Added Bojan Bogdanonic.. not bad
    Added Mudiay... okay he is just a reclamation project but there is potential there as he is a minimum salary.

What really hurts is seeing some of thesep layers sign for 2.5m one year deals. Why couldn't the Rockets sign these guys like Jeff Green, or Dudley, or Finney-Smith?

I'm not too worried about Portland. they lost a lot of good pieces in picking up what looks really good in a vacuum.

Portland:
    Added Hassan Whiteside but lost Kanter
    Added Bazemore but lost Evan Turner
    Lost Aminu
    Lost Seth Curry

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  14. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

We are 4th in the West at best.

Bengchu likes this.
  15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I blame him for too much ish already. Time to differ blame.

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

I'm definitely more confident with this roster going in to the season than the one we had to start last year. Obviously we're not done making moves so the deficiencies that people are pointing out are likely to be addressed.

It's just funny that any move a West team makes is instantly viewed as an improvement by some posters on here.

Air Canada likes this.
  17. SoupTent3

SoupTent3 Member

I agree with you. You may think we're the favorites, but we aren't. These other teams are building their rosters to, regardless of where Kawhi ends up. You can't count on that. We still will have to play hard and be able to execute our game plan moving forward, and that's if we'll have a game plan. We need to change up a lot of things including the way we play. This is not checkers, this is chess.

18. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

If Kawhi decides to join the Lakers I think he’s making a HUGE mistake. He’s already won two championships and has two finals MVPs...he may (probably IMO) end up winning more titles than Lebron. IMO he’s the best player in the league now that Lebron is finally starting to show signs of aging. He doesn’t need Lebron and AD to win a title...that’s clear by just looking at the rosters of the two teams he’s won with.

Further, I don’t think him and Lebron will get along. Everything that I’ve read/seen about it doesn’t make me think he’s the type of guy who will be bossed around by Lebron...IMO he should be telling Lebron what to do anyway. Just my two cents, I could be totally off base but just don’t see it being a good decision for him.

19. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Exactly! The Jazz added Conley. The Blazers were playing without their starting center in the playoffs and they just added Whiteside, a 7’ shot blocker and rebounder to go along with a SF/PF rookie that could be the steal of the draft. The Lakers added AD to pair with Lebron and Kuzma. Today they added an energy guy, Dudley, and they still have max cap space to add another impact player, whether it’s KL or not. The Clippers added Harkless and could possibly add Kawhi. Then there’s Denver. They’re young and getting better.

To suggest we’re the favorites is way off base. He’ll we couldn’t beat the Warriors without KD and they just added D Russell. When Klay returns they’ll have a 3-headed monster to go along with one of the best PF’s in the NBA, Green. Nope, Houston is NOT the favorite to win the west.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  20. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

I disagree with that notion.. That wasn't my argument... My reasoning for that statement that they weren't good or a good fit... Be it play style or skillset.

Morey making a mistake or being wrong about an acquisition doesn't mean I'm smarter or more informed in general... He's not infallible LOL.... He obviously knew it was a mistake or gamble and he moved as quickly as he could to make the necessary changes... Correcting the issue asap is a sign of GM who learns from his mistakes as so not to repeat them.