1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

History of Clutchfans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cranberry_Juice, Oct 16, 2014.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Crispee?

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Was this the forum that had a poster who hosted a site to link pics? I think a few years later he shut it down and took all the pics with him because the bandwidth costs were too high?

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

There was something with a Frank Swindle guy. But I think he actually "stole" the domain...it was registered in his name. Then he tried to run a ripoff site as part of the Rivals network under that domain. That never went anywhere.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

There was a great big bet among the forum members back in 2001 that centered around a single premise. Would Dan Langhi be the Rockets starting Small Forward for the upcoming season?

The forum was so split over this issue that members begin staking their usernames in a bet. The losing side would have to forfeit their regular usernames for the period of 1 year and re-register with new usernames assigned by the winning side.

Some famous losers of the bet included HP, DaDakota, Behad, fadeaway, Smeg, and Castor27.

Note: RunninRaven never returned to his former name, and still to this day posts as "Raven Lunatic"

Here is the concession thread after the Rockets acquired Eddie Griffin in the 01 draft and it was inevitable he would be the starting SF. http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=11764

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That's a long time ago. Are those posters still alive. What happens when I'm gone and people are asking about me? When they realize I was ahead of time.

6. Jimes

Jimes Member

Good question. It brings up others. What aspects of our lives really have lasting significance? What would we most want to be remembered for after we are gone? Will we know if we're being remembered?

Regardless cheke64, part of us all will live on in the form of electronic bytes on some server in that big basement down there in Clutch's house.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I want a heads up, you are top on my list of posters I would love to meet but havent yet. I hide from cameras as well so we can use each other for shields when cameras come out.

Always forgotten. ;) It's probly because I've gone from helpful member to the community to never posting unless I'm berating someone in thread.

correct.

moes explains the specifics behind that.

Very little mention of the Summer of YoYao? How odd considering how it took over the Hangout like it did.

and yes, the clutchcity to clutchfans switch happened later on after I finally re-registered on the new site(2000) and before Yao. Don't remember the exact time but I'm fairly sure I'm in the ballpark.