1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Historians rank President Obama...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 17, 2017.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

What church was that? Your poor illustration of how a human being should behave reflects poorly on your church, especially if they didn't kick your dumb ass out.

2. jsingles

jsingles Member

Do people on here not like you because of their homophobia?

R0ckets03 likes this.
  3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Obama has not accomplished much at all. He is mediocre. His legacy will only hinge on him being the first black president. Its great that we are to the point where the Presidency is no longer the exclusive white male club, but the fact is that has little to do with actual policy. The left will continue to blame the failure of Obamacare on the right, but history can not deny this was 100% on the democrat Obama administration. The only other two things he has going for him is capturing a neutered Bin Laden and gay marriage. Outside of that, he has accomplished very little. He survived soley by not rocking the boat which is the complete opposite of Trump.

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

5. dandorotik

Too soon to rank Obama. Best to include W Bush and Obama after it's been a full 10 to 15 years.

Most of us don't take Space Ghost, CML, etc. seriously. It's as bad as the people who cherry-picked everything on W. Bush. Seriously, most divisive President ever? Do you people not remember your Presidential history? Whoever named Lincoln nailed it. I would say Johnson and/or Nixon as well. And Adams. Besides, who said being divisive is a bad thing? Sometimes, you gotta upset the status quo. In that respect, maybe Trump can do some good- if he wasn't spending so much time being stupid.

6. dandorotik

Here's the hilarious thing. Ask any of these cherry-pickers to list the achievements of Bush, Reagan, etc. and they'd be hard-pressed to mention more than what they did for Obama. It's blatant selective memory. It's..... mediocre thinking.

7. Buck Turgidson

Its people with this kind of sense of humor that allow Jeff Dunham, Tyler Perry, Carrot Top, etc... to be famous.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay.....but what would you say if someone listed Nixon as one of the best presidents when it comes to leadership? That's about how this is.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What's funny is that now Trump and conservatives will brag about these jobs.

Yeah, disagree. I think it is very difficult to put the blame of international events at the feet of a president. Sure the president has power, but not THAT much power. If Saudi Arabia for instance stood up and fought ISIS it would have more of an effect than any president we have could do.

He did help it expand by being really aggressive. You'll find many actual liberals agree with that, but other powerjs in the region have the real power over that situation.

No.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...heats-up-newly-insured-north-carolinians-fret

Not really. It's really just that for conservatives they've ignored racial issues for years now and certain events brought these issues to light to the entire country. It is great now that people realize that racial issues haven't gone away in the country. We still have a party that continues to gerrymander and discourage minorities from voting, that's way more dismissive than a simple comment that showed empathy for a black kid. Only some people think showing actual empathy for a black kid is "Divisive."

You can only judge it by comparing what he's done and how he's left it for the current president. I mean I guess if you believe Trump that we are living in a wasteland then yeah, I guess you'd think Obama was horrible.

Yeah, I really don't think he divided the country at all so I don't get that argument. Some people didn't like Obama, sure, but it was nothing like actually dividing the country...like Lincoln.

Those racial issues with the police force were ALWAYS there.

mdrowe00 and Yung-T like this.
  10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The party heads in his cabinet invented the job, but Washington obviously could have delegitimized it and become king; several other surveys give him credit for that.

11. cml750

cml750 Member

First of all you are moving the goal post which is typical for a liberal. Your original post was about conservative indoctrination by churches(quoted below to refresh your memory). You then shift to churches and Christian indoctrination. Well this may be a big news flash but that is what churches do. If you take your first post and the above quoted post into context, it appears you are saying if you are a Christian you are automatically indoctrinated to be a conservative? While I believe that a majority of Christians probably are conservative, it in no way means you have to be. I am sure @FranchiseBlade would disagree with your premise.

#51 cml750, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

When you argue with cml, you lose IQ points. Don't argue with cml.

Eric Riley likes this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not my place to tell Christians anything about politics. I will say my embrace of the teachings of Jesus is at least part of what makes me liberal in my politics.

14. dandorotik

Depends on how you define leadership.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They considered many different dimensions of leadership. Obama rated low on some of them. The final rank aggregates across the different dimensions, I guess.

Anyway, I take this with a grain of salt. 20+ years down the road, people's perception of the Obama presidency may be very different.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

I heard trump has already been named the greatest president ever, and it wasn't even close.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I got thrown off when you concluded your post with that line about indoctrination to the blood of God. As a non Christian I didn't know what that meant so I thought you were saying indoctrination wasn't a main purpose of church.

But the real point that you are ignoring is that your argument defending church from conservative indoctrination is also a defense of colleges liberal indoctrination. It is not a official policy of colleges to talk politics, either. Anecdotal experience can support and oppose your argument depending on who ye speaking to. Your rant about colleges was stupid.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Trump has had 6 months now. Is that enough that we can start ranking him? William Henry Harrison was ranked on a smaller opus, and Garfield arguably as well, so I think we can. James Buchanan is going to be hearing some footsteps!

B-Bob and SamFisher like this.
  19. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Many, many historians are saying that the Trump administration will be known to history as simply "The Mistake" or "The Bigly Bad" years.