1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hinch & Batting Lineups!

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Coach Flip, May 1, 2017.

1. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

"It was a joke" = "I said something incredibly idiotic and I'm gonna try to walk it back"

2. Coach Flip

Coach Flip Member

Read it again. Went from die hard fan to a fair weather fan. "On and off again" fan. I got sick of long seasons, the emotional ups and downs, the season ending heartbreaks (braves pitching then the cardinals in late 90s). Rather than wasting so much time and energy, I wizened up and became a fair weather fan. Make the playoffs, and I'll watch you. Total liberation. The year they made it to the World Series I think I began watching when they made the playoffs. Last year, I frequented a sports bar with a hot staff in Rangers country. My cover was Astros games while checking out the eye candy. So I started watching, and little by little learning about the team, and getting hooked again...and now I'm here b****ing!

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think altuve should lead off , springer should bat 2 , then Correa 3rd , reddick 4th ... After that I don't really care .

I liked sprinters approach when he hit 2nd last year . Having a runner on base that can potentially steal effects what pitches you get and ones approach at the plate . I though springer did a good job ( when faced with the situation) of being patient and hitting for contact vs just ripping it

Correa is off to a slow start statistically , I haven't watched enough games to know whether or not it's luck . That said he's had 2 very good seasons and deserves to be in our top 3 where he can do more than just hit for power

4. Coach Flip

Coach Flip Member

our line up is a joke with a Japanese dude batting last and a Correan dude batting Clean up!

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

You dont have to conclude anything to know he hasnt thrived where he has been. That is obvious. If he were to succeed in the 7th spot, isnt that preferable to failing in the 4th? As for thinking you want him to do it in the 4th spot, thats a circular argument.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

This schtick is already old. If you want posters to take you seriously and converse in a productive manner, my first suggestion is to quit this nonsense.

7. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Stiller in The Cable Guy

8. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

tellitlikeitis likes this.
  9. Coach Flip

Coach Flip Member

There's players who really work the count. They take the first strike knowing they still have 2 more strikes. It also gives your pitcher extra rest.

10. bobrek

Anyone find it odd that a guy who lives in Plano joined the board the day before the Astros-Rangers series?

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Damn it, who let Grandpa Joe on the computer?? Everyone knows he's just not right when he's off his meds..........

Yaosthirdleg and the shark like this.
  12. Coach Flip

Coach Flip Member

I was a huge fan in 80s then fair weather fan. My bad. Never been to Houston to watch a game. Pete Rose bet on games. Hinch has his strengths, weaknesses and obvious flaws that's sabotaging the offense. Period.

13. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

That's probably true but I'd hope Carlos would be more worried about getting hits than his pitchers rest. He doesn't have that insane bat control that tuve has where he can foul off a million pitches until he gets what he wants. Correa has been extremely prone to the outside pitch this season.

What I've seen a number of times this season is that Carlos take the get-me-over pitch right down the middle, goes down 0-1, and then the pitcher starts pitching off the outside edge. Carlos then either takes the called strike or swings though the outside pitch.

14. the shark

the shark Member

Why is that a "joke"?

15. bobrek

Ironically, Correa is second on the team in number of pitches per at bat. And, the only one that would "qualify" using the MLB standards for batting average titles.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This guy is probably just a Spurs/Rangers fan trolling from SpursTalk, or Rangers Redneck Round-up, or whatever the **** they call their ****-hole of a website.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Wanting and expecting are two different things. I want AJ Reed to be a great cleanup hitter, we have MLB data that suggests Correa should be fine in the cleanup spot, or at least better than the other options. If we were just "hoping" for Correa to be good, he would be getting the same lineup treatment Bregman is. We have a deep lineup, but nobody I would say has been better than Correa over the last 2 years.

And you're assuming production from the 7th spot wouldn't happen in the 4th spot. Obviously success anywhere is better than struggles, but success in the 4th spot is where we would get maximum value from his production.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  18. Coach Flip

Coach Flip Member

Are you really this stupid? If I was a Rangers fan, I'd want Correa batting 4th!

19. Coach Flip

Coach Flip Member

A 300 hitter doesn't bat last, and a 230 hitter shouldn't be hitting cleanup when there's much better options.

20. bobrek

Now you're calling people names.