1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton still hasn't accepted her defeat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, May 2, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think Hillary, Democrats, Liberals, and Independents are more than capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time. Meaning everyone mentioned are perfectly capable of acknowledging that this happened, and it needs to be addressed-

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

AND that Hillary was a flawed candidate with EXCESSIVE baggage going into the most highly scrutinized appointed position in the world.

Its also possible:

-to realize that it was unprecedented that the Director of the FBI commented on an investigation of one candidate but not the other
    and
    -to understand the 538 data that shows a significant change in the polls after an event happened

Right wing supporters look at this comment as red meat to go after Hillary again, and they completely ignore Hillary also mentioned the 538 data, and the fact that she also placed ownership on herself and eluded to her opening up further in her book (yes she's trying to sell her book. Good for her). That's to be expected I guess given the optics of a Right Wing supporter.

You also see Republicans RIGHT NOW as I type this using a hearing with Comey on mostly the Russian hacking to try and finagle Comey into giving an opening to pursue Hillary and her emails AGAIN.

Look you guys, and the Republican machine can continue to use Hillary as a pin cushion if you want, but its not fair to use the Hillary bashing to downplay the concerns of Russia influencing out elections, and our concerns of the director of the FBI inserting himself into an election as consequential as the presidency. Its fair to go after Hillary as a flawed candidate that was easily beatable. HOWEVER its insulting to our intelligence to sit here and tell everyone else here to ignore ALL OF THESE OTHER FACTORS that also helped put Trump in the office.

And again... WE are capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I cringe whenever I see Hillary in the news now. Saw her on the endless news yesterday (my office has a bunch of tvs silently broadcasting cnn, msnbc, foxnews, etc day and night) playing armchair quarterback for what Trump should have done with North Korea, with Syria, and whatever. I know our president sucks, but this doesn't make anything better. I know she'll have a book she needs to sell, but the last thing we need is a government in exile.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

How are you on topic? This thread is about Hillary and the news she made yesterday. You should post your opinion about the current admin in the countless threads bashing Trump.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Hillary has failed at every stop she's ever been in. That's the only thing consistent about her. With a half-way decent candidate, the Dems should have steamrolled Trump in the election. They put forth an atrocious candidate and lost. This isn't about what happened at the very end.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Interesting timing...

COMEY: 'It makes me mildly nauseous to think that we might have had some impact on the election'
    http://www.businessinsider.com/comey-explanation-for-clinton-emails-letter-2017-5

The Comey Letter Probably Cost Clinton The Election
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-comey-letter-probably-cost-clinton-the-election/

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm on topic b/c I can't fathom why HRC is anything to anyone now but a useful distraction, to some, (FOX), or a tedious frustration to others (the flailing DNC).

I don't recall mentioning Trump or even being negative. But clearly some people who need to be leading and uniting are happy to use her political corpse as a scarecrow.

I do wish she would just shut up. Is that opinion okay with you? :)

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

His testimony today was pretty fascinating. Its painfully obvious that he even knows that OF COURSE the letter affected the election.

I maintain the notion that its possible for it to be a fact that Comey impacted the election AND Hillary also made many mistakes.

Also so much to unpack about many other items. Mainly him mentioning astonishingly that he made the initial decision to NOT ask the DOJ for permission to make the initial Clinton/Email press conference because he believed that the DOJ could not provide a credible explanation to the public (given the infamous tarmac meeting).

Under the same logic how in the world does he NOT take the same stance on the outcome of the Trump Russia investigation given the fact that the DOJ (even the deputy) are appointed by Trump? If its assumed a conflict if a DOJ just ONCE met with the husband of an investigation target, how would it NOT be conflict when a current DOJ most likely meets with the target of a major investigation likely on a daily basis?

I think Comey's reputation and credibility here is going to take a bigger hit, and its more and more prevalent that a special prosecutor is absolutely crucial to a credible investigation. Not because I think Comey is corrupt and partisan, but because his judgment is obviously questionable, and has conflicted himself in his inability to follow basic procedures, and allow these investigations to spiral completely out of control.

8. JuanValdez

I hope and expect that Comey will take the podium himself to announce the findings of the FBI's Russia probe. Doesn't mean he needs to speak on it before the investigation is complete.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

For sure. CNN is not letting it go for some reason. I changed the channel.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. JuanValdez

I guess they call it the Clinton News Network for a reason.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

1. No
    2. Wrong
    3. Unprovable
    4. No and yes
    5. Yes it is

(Should I end this with the infantile BWAHA interjection, or no? Nah)

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good call. I find them generally unwatchable. I guess they are running with her b/c she makes all sorts of people mad (from both sides) and that's the goal of most cable news.

Do you ever read CS Monitor (web portal)? Good reporting. Hair never seems to be on fire.

Cheers.

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Sorry - the voters proved you wrong. Get out of your echo chamber and diversify your sources and those you interact with. To quote Hall & Oates, you're out of touch.

14. adoo

adoo Member

That didn't even come close to Hilary's complacency.

look in the mirror, HRC, neither Comey nor Putin told you to stop campaigning, after the DNC nomination, when her margin had widen to > 11%

more than any other factor/person, HRC's complacency did her in !

Space Ghost likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You don't even try anymore. Low effort.

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Careful. This kind of logic could label you as a Trump supporter by some of the alt-leftist on this site.

Astrodome likes this.
  17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

1. No, they didn't.
    2. Already done all 3 a long time ago.
    3. To quote Daryl and John, "What you need is adult education."

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Trump and his supporters can't stop talking about Hillary because they know winning the election is the only thing he's accomplished. Since taking office, he's done nothing but make an ASS of himself.

His supporters don't care, though. They're just glad he won. That's literally all they care about.

LOCK HER UP!!!!!!!!!11111

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Hillary Clinton still hasn't accepted her defeat?

or is it

Republicans still have not got past their hatred for Hillary

dobro1229 and FranchiseBlade like this.