1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton - Not Worthy of Being the First Woman President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Apr 28, 2016.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Since you keep pushing this narrative, rather than bull**** conjecture, unless there is concrete proof, how about stopping the nonsense about being prosecuted for crimes?

Or respond to this:

Prosecutors and FBI agents investigating Hillary Clinton’s use of a personal email server have so far found scant evidence that the leading Democratic presidential candidate intended to break classification rules, though they are still probing the case aggressively with an eye on interviewing Clinton herself, according to U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

FBI agents on the case have been joined by federal prosecutors from the same office that successfully prosecuted 9/11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui — and who would handle any Edward Snowden case, should he ever return to the country, according to the U.S. officials familiar with the matter. And in recent weeks, prosecutors from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of Virginia and their FBI counterparts have been interviewing top Clinton aides as they seek to bring the case to a close.

That point about her intending to break classification rules is important, because in order to have broken the law, it isn’t enough for Clinton to have had classified information in a place where it was possible for it to be hacked. She would have had to intentionally given classified information to someone without authorization to have it, like David Petraeus did when he showed classified documents to his mistress (and then lied to the FBI about it, by the way). Despite the enormous manpower and time the Justice Department has devoted to this case, there has never been even a suggestion, let alone any evidence, that Clinton did any such thing.

2. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Crime or not her lack of common sense would be enough to disqualify her from being POTUS. The SOS doesn't get that a private email server with classified info on it is bad.... seriously?

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have to agree with okie, which I'm not sure has ever happened before. Defenders of Clinton keep talking past the issue, stressing how 'important' it is that the FBI can prove intent, or timing, or whatever. I have zero interest in the criminal prosecution of Clinton. I'm interested because she is a candidate for POTUS. What she did was bad practice, and puts her own interests above the interest of the country. I don't care about the rest of it.

That said, she's now running against Trump in the general. So, I'm now hoping she wins. This has got to be the most depressing election I've ever participated in.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not going to disqualify her. She mucked up true. But the Feds are not going after her. If they did, they would have done it by now - they haven't even interviewed her.

Look, honestly part of me wishes they indicted her so Bernie could be prez, but this is way overblown. She's not going to get indicted for it.

What will happen if she wins though is republicans won't let it go and bang and bang on it for the next 4-8 years.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

jeopardizing national security is now called mucking it up

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a Clinton supporter and I agree that her server was very poor judgement but as I've said several times before there is no perfect candidate and every candidate has to be judged in context with who their opposition is.

The server issue is one that was rightfully investigated both by Congress and now by the DOJ. So far nothing illegal has turned up about it. As a matter of judgement it is concerning but there hasn't been a major presidential candidate who hasn't done something that could call their judgement in question.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it's factually inaccurate that they have to prove she intended to break the law, it only matters that she did in this instance. Also, when you have an email instructing someone to strip classification headings from a document and send it via unsecured means, that's concrete evidence of her breaking the law by asking someone to do that. It also sheds light on why classification headings were stripped from the documents in her unsecured email.

I know you might just want to "stand by your man" on this one, but it's clear to any unbiased person that she broke the law over and over again with regard to handling classified information. I mean, I plan on voting for her, so it's not like I want her to get in trouble but she did do those things.

Again though, intent is irrelevant, simply putting classified information on an unclassified server is illegal in and of itself. Stripping documents of classification headings or instructing someone else to do so is illegal in and of itself. Possessing classified information on a public computer or public server is illegal in and of itself.

8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Fair enough.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

That's a big enough demographic to elect a president, if Bernie spoke in terms of ideals rather than concrete plans at that far a spot on the spectrum he'd actually be pretty viable if we were in a recession or some kind of GOP scandal. Furthermore, as a Senator, your home state means literally nothing compared to your tenure/seniority, and what you make of it in the press.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

And putting email a private server is equated with selling nuclear secrets to Stalin.