1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton blasts Obama's pathetic foreign policy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Aug 10, 2014.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Completely agree. Obama has made some big mistakes but there really aren't any good solutions to the Middle East.
    I'm not happy with the foreign policy but I don't think any one could do much better and many would probably do worse.

This is just Hillary posturing so she can run in 2016 not as Obama's third term.

2. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Legitimate points, really, and obviously posturing for the most part. Not exactly "blasting" but ...whatever.

I didn't see where she used the word pathetic... only you, three times... unless the third instance in the tags was put there by someone for other reasons obvious to some.

I'm sure she'd appreciate your vote.

3. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Welcome to the D&D where everything is "pathetic" or "shameful" or "disgusting"

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Bigtexx:

Pathetic, I give Obama a F

[​IMG]

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Of course, and I almost voted for her in the primary. She didn't get my vote then, but it wasn't because I didn't think she would make a good president, one far better than the Republican/"tea party" alternatives. We, the Democratic Party, had two good candidates. As Dubious said, she's positioning herself for 2016, and there's nothing unusual about that. I expect her to run, and I expect her to win.

6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I also expect her to run and expect her to win.

I've always hated these types of idiotic generalities "Israel has a right to defend itself."

Dude we know they do but that does not give them the green light to completely bomb the hekk out of Gaza and kill nearly 2000 innocent women and children. I wish some of these politicians actually stood up for what's right and what's wrong.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

"Israel has a right to defend itself." saying that will open the door of Zionist back door

9. downbytheriver

Hilary has really let herself go. That nightgown is not flattering to a woman who hopes to run for head of state. Presentation is important. As far as foreign policy, it's a Democrat thing, they don't have the were withal to take the bull by the horns. Left or right, this country isn't going to be as prosperous as it was 10 years ago. Gotta lower our expectations going forward.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I disagree with the title, and if basso had posted this, I wouldn't have replied, but I haven't been a huge fan of his foreign policy. You could say I view his record there as a mixed bag. Like some of it, other stuff, not so much.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Only staunch supporters of the president would defend his foreign policy as being "great." The Middle East and Russia have been major failures. I think the administration might have been surprised by the fact that the liberal motto of everyone is rational and can be worked with turned out not to be true.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

geez, i hate politics.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Doesn't it suck? It's like being stuck in traffic, hating where you are and what you're doing, but unable to leave. Yet I love driving. Most of the time.

1 person likes this.
  14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I've lost interest for the most part. Was telling that to an old friend recently over a beer and he said, "whoa? you? that's surprising!" I just care less about it all than I have in my entire life.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I hold Hillary in high regard and would vote for her in a nanosecond if she ran. As a moderate, I love her pragmatism while still knowing where she stands on the issues I care about.

I never liked Obama but voted for him twice. The first election was because of Palin (wtf was McCain thinking), and the second because Romney ran way too far to the right to get the nomination. I would have voted for the Mass governor. Obama allows himself to get bullied too often.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This is me.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

These days the problem is that it is hard for either side to disagree with the other side and not experience animosity. Folks don't want to discuss anything rationally. It is OK to have differing opinions on political issues without being labelled as a 'hater' or 'sheep' or whatever.

One die-hard liberal on Facebook was constantly posting anti-Republican/1%er memes. Some of them were blatantly false and I would try and engage him in discussion about them. The only response he would ever give generally included the "f' word. Essentially, he didn't want to discuss anything and there are too many like him on all sides of the political spectrum.

When my conservative friends post ridiculous stuff about Obama, I generally tell them, "if that's the best you can do, you should have voted for him - twice".

18. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

She was giving a candid interview at a point where she neither still works for the President nor would be expected to suspend independent opinions based on her fairly well-rounded experience. I certainly didn't mind when Jim Baker did it on the Iraq Study Panel.

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Ms. Clinton is working to capture the Center Right vote, the left has no other choice and the far right would never vote D anyway. The Right Center and Hispanic vote will decide the 2016 election. Her only purpose in saying anything is to win (she's probably taking a Rosetta Spanish course too).

The why it's important story is not what she can do as President, we already see a President is impotent with an obstructed Congress, it's what she can stop if the GOP gets a majority in both Houses with her veto power. She can prevent the inmates from running the asylum. (though it would actually take a 60% majority for the GOP to bring the crazy, you have to worry that that could happen )