1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton 2016: Stronger Together

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by JeffB, Aug 27, 2016.

1. dmoneybangbang

Last time I checked America is the strongest developed country and most certainly the strongest country to out of the economic crisis of 2007/2008.

Keep trying.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

When do all these people that go on and on about Clinton's emails actually talk about Trump University?

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

how does trump university affect me?

4. Dei

Dei Member

It's a civil suit, the other's a threat to national security. Hmmm....

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, this speaks well to his character! This is the kind of man you'd want running your country.

Oh, let's not even talk about that housing discrimination, the undocumented workers he's used, does he pay his workers?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

I'm just confused why you guys never rant and rave about these things?

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Already said I'm voting for johnson on the last page. You comparing trump university to a massive security breach is a joke.

7. dmoneybangbang

A massive security breach? What has occurred? Please by as hyperbolic as you need to be.

As for Gary Johnson.... LOL.... If Johnson or Stein were somehow to be elected then Congress would merely make the president a figure head. What a waste of 4 years.

8. dmoneybangbang

Essentially , the country was run by Congress from after Lincoln's death right up to my boy Teddy Roosevelt. Johnson or Stein would be incompetent, impotent leaders on this stage as they have no political machine behind them.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Eh, I'm talking to Dei there. As for who you are voting for, whatever you say. I see you never talk about any of those things I've mentioned and that's not even all of it.

A "Massive Security Breach" as you put it with no criminal intent. Trump intends to scam kids and deny minorities housing, he intends to also not pay his workers and use undocumented workers....

10. Dei

Dei Member

Gary Johnson's a joke. Blew up full PC about illegal immigrants:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-xlmU9LvtAs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The guy's obviously controlled opposition.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Teddy Roosevelt is not your boy.

The mere fact that you acknowledge that a political machine is needed speaks volume and explains everything that is wrong with this country.

12. Dei

Dei Member

Firstly, I wouldn't read off only from articles obviously written to smear him in his presidential run. Let's not ignore that's a thing. Which would mean I'd have to read off more primary evidence, which I don't have time, or get it from a less biased source which I've yet to encounter.

But, for many reasons, I have not considered it damning against him. He owns a large business, he's got a lot of people representing him so I wouldn't peg all their mistakes on him. Lots of people sue rich people as a quick get rich scheme. Particularly for the illegals he's used, he subcontracts and those subcontractors subcontract too. It's far above the diligence required for his profession for him to do background checks.

And, in the end, it's a civil suit. If he's truly at fault, he'll pay for them. But what separates a civil suit from a criminal case is that the latter is a public concern.

Hillary's e-mails scandal, possible collusion with the DNC, possible buy-outs with CGI as dangerous, dangerous stuff that affects all Americans.

13. dmoneybangbang

Yep we go way back.

I am pretty sure it doesn't explain everything wrong with this country.

That still doesn't mean that Stein or Johnson are competent enough, putting aside how they would get their policies through congress.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You're too focused on 2-4 candidates, 3 of whom have little to no chance of winning. If that doesnt bother you, nothing will. You obviously can not see that the RNC and DNC have so much more in common than differences.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You really don't have to read anything but just know that he has a history of of people filing lawsuits for not being paid. Maybe the entire justice system is a 'Liberal' conspiracy though, I don't know.

Well then using that logic I never want to hear you blame Obama for anything.

Well housing discrimination is a pretty big public concern. Maybe not for you since you clearly have a thing against brown and black people but hey, it doesn't affect you I guess.

Email scandal, I'm really not getting how this affects every day Americans. This looks more like a mistake she made and it seems that is the case. On the other hand Trump intentionally screws people over...

Possible this...possible that...is it or is it not? As you say why should I listen to a "Biased" source?

16. Dei

Dei Member

It's different between your people not working properly vs. instituting destructive policies. Do you blame Obama for bad cops?

I haven't read up much on that one, honestly. But nothing's been found to really nail him yet.

Security of the state is not a public concern? She's dangerously negligent with public affairs. Let's see if Trump had any deliberate intent on a civil case.

The "biased source" are their own e-mails! I'm only saying "possible" because it's under investigation.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ixi9_cciy8w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I have read up on it and the housing discrimination suit is completely irrelevant.

Trump's company was not discriminating on the basis of race. They were discriminating against those on welfare. And I for one happen to think there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

If you want to maintain a development to a certain standard, you don't want welfare recipients moving in. Be they white, black, asian, or hispanic.

There may have been an appearance of discrimination based on race on the surface, but that is only because a far higher proportion of minorities were on welfare than whites. Discrimination based on receipt of welfare and socioeconomic status is perfectly legal and banks and lenders do it regularly.

If the government had a strong case, they certainly never would have been so quick to settle and wouldn't have allowed the Trump organization to admit no wrongdoing.

2 people like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah see, I would never blame the president for every issue in every community in the first place.

Nothing's been found to nail Clinton yet either.

A short summary on all of this...

http://m.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/09/14-excerpts-fbis-report-hillary-clintons-email

But hey, Motherjones liberal source. Discard it entirely right?

Yeah that's over doing it there if you ask me. I just want you to realize the double standard here. I've never said that Clinton was this super clean candidate, just that when you compare her to Trump...

[​IMG]

...Well Damn...

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Are you so sure about that?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/opinion/sunday/is-donald-trump-a-racist.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/15/doj-trump-s-early-businesses-blocked-blacks.html

I mean really, maybe it was all a coincidence really or whatever. I'd just thought it would be fair to bring this up and get people talking about it again. Like the emails.