1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hill cleared for another try ESPN

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dreday, Sep 29, 2004.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

m_cable,

I guess the Magic should not have given him that contract then right?

2 sides entered into the contract....both knew the risks. Grant should give nothing back.

DD

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I almost never come out against players that are looking out for their interests (i.e. Holding out for more money) or owners that look our for their interests (letting guys go that aren't productive anymore). I understand it's a business and that both sides have to do what they can to get what they can. But there comes a time when fairness and logic has to kick in.

If Grant Hill wasn't making the Max, then I probably wouldn't be on this side of the argument. But the salary that he received and the performance he put out for that salary is just so disproportionate, that I just don't think it's right for him to take that last bit. He's going to get about $60 million no matter what. Does he really need to go out and grab that last $30 million when it's obvious that he doesn't deserve it.

3. shsu33

shsu33 Member

I told my friends the same thing and I was laughed at but I still too believe the Magic will finish 4th in the east this season. Detroit,Indiana,Miami, either Magic or NY. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this.

4. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

ha, it won't be the "right thing" if it's yourself in the $14 millions+ situation. it's always easier to tell others what's the right thing.

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I'll level with you. If I made over 100 million in my career, and 60 million of which I didn't feel I earned then I would feel pretty guilty about taking 30 million more. Now I don't know if I'd have the self control to refuse that last 30 million (It's very tempting to keep it) but it would be a decision that I'd really have to struggle with.