1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Highest seed we can get?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nomangame, Nov 26, 2013.

?

Eventual seeding for the Rockets?

1. 1-2

74 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. 3-5

170 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. 6-8

6 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. nomangame

nomangame Member

As of this moment we're at the 5th seed.

Last season the highest we got was 6th and I'm hoping we can do better this season.

I'm predicting we'll get 4th this time round.

What do you guys think?

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Can? 1st.

1 person likes this.
  3. Raven

Raven Member

The Spurs are a machine. It's not likely the Rockets even win their division. I was hoping for a top two seed, but I think top four is a more realistic goal. Anything below 4th would be a monster disappointment. We've just got to hope that Portland cools off and that the Spurs come back down to Earth.

4. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Too early to forecast this, especially with all of the injuries that teams are suffering right now. If we stay healthy, we should finish no worse than 4th in the west or else we underachieved, imo.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

We can get a top 3 seed.

Who is standing our way?

Portland will be 6th to 8th seed at the end of the season. Their schedule so far has been cakewalk. That 11 game winning streak? Weakest schedule in the NBA over that period.

The Clippers play even less defense than we do, and we have better ability to upgrade via trade at the deadline. I don't want to face them in the playoffs because the refs always give them all the calls, but I think we can top them for seeding in the regular season.

OKC has the best player in the West but also has a lot of holes on their roster after their trades. They could push us to 3rd seed if Adams and Lamb step up throughout the season, but I expect rookie wall type situations for those two guys. I think we can beat the Thunder out for 2nd seed, but I'm not sure.

The Warriors just don't look that good, especially with it being questionable about how long Iggy will be out.

The Spurs are apparently still a beast of a team, they will probably take the 1st seed, not much we can do about that. But I think we might be able to beat them in a playoff series.

6. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Spurs and Thunders are hard to topple and we are too good to be 7-8. I think we will be anywhere between 3 - 6.

7. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

I expect only Spurs and Thunder at the top with the rest of west being wide open.

3rd seed, with the potential to be 2nd seed if McHale can get these guys on a string, which is doubtful.

With the talent and depth, no less than 5th seed.

8. Sketzophrenic

Sketzophrenic Member

i expect 4th seed as long as the team figured out how to play as a team and harden commit on defense.. we might get higher if we got a good wing defender and howard improve his post game or mchale choose to run pnr utilizing howard...

9. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Defense isn't a Harden problem, it's a team problem. With that said, Hardens poor defense is a clear indication that he has no desire to lead this team. Rockets need a team leader and Harden doesn't want any part of that, which is troubling.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

For all the deficiencies that our team has displayed, we're a couple late game lapses from being 12-2. It takes time to build chemistry on both ends of the floor.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2nd or 3rd is possible

Spurs or OKC always go for the best record.... We should be in the race but those ballclubs have more experience and better execution in crunch time

12. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

If you win your division, you're guaranteed a top seed right? I'm going to say we're not beating the Spurs so I got us pegged at 4 or 5.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Anything is possible at this point in the season for us.

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

2nd. Spurs are a well oiled machine and no one is stopping them.The Blazers will start losing soon. Their two toughest opponents were us.We beat them in Portland and they beat the Warriors.OKC are overrated and as are the Warriors. The Clippers will need timew to adjust to Doc so they will drop games till they gell.

15. conquistador#11

though I had them at 2rd =) to start the season, I'd rather get 7nd if it means playing the blazers

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I expect Portland to come back down to earth, but the Spurs are running away with the division and the Thunder have Westbrook back and aren't likely to struggle either. I do think we can finish ahead of everyone else though, so I think 3rd is the best we can get. I unfortunately expect us to finish 5th though since this team is not very good at executing in close games.

17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I'm gonna say the 3 seed.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

2 but with our coaching probably 3.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In pace to 54-28 record

20. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I think we can get the 1 or 2 seed. We have given away 4 games (2nd LAC, Dallas, PHI, & LAL). We should actually be 14-1. We must improve our perimeter D with hustle and effort (Harden), and move the ball on O to get easier shots and everyone involved. If those things could happen tomorrow then we should have the best or second best record. But since I don't think those things will change anytime soon, I say we will be 3-5 seed.