1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

High School Run of Year?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by jbasket, Nov 5, 2012.

1. jbasket

jbasket Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-4zxMUj4jGU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Junior running back from the Woodlands College Park High School. 70 yard run with a hurdle, broken tackles, sideline running, and great vision. My jaw dropped when I saw this live last Friday.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

No.

Why do they have to add those dumb music tracks to highlight reels?

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

What would they do, have a silent video then? It is a short video with no screeching lyrics. It was tolerable.

If it is not the run of the year, care to share a better one this year?

4. Lil Pun

Even though it was practice, I like this one more:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/joNHwnqVcq8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  5. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Don't mind Pun. His Eagles arent doin too hot.

Lol jk. That 109.9 yard field goal return was pretty cool.

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

I would have to disagree, and this is obviously up to opinion of course. On that run, it was only the flip, which was really impressive and really good (I had seen it already before, but always a joy to watch). On the run I posted, it had the whole package, as I explained in my opening post. It was during the biggest high-school rivalry game in that district; the stadium was rocking after that play. He had just broken a tackle and while recovering his balance, he hurdled a defender. Incredible for only a high-schooler.

7. Lil Pun

It was very poor tackling, he didn't really break them. The only thing I saw noteworthy in the play was the hurdle. Like you said though, it is subjective.....

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

Agree to disagree. Remember, this is not the pro's. And The Woodlands are one of the better teams in the state every year, 5A football, so it is not like they are just some smucks on defence. Actually, ranked 16th in state last year.