1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

High-Quality Action Drama Recommendations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kim, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Hmmm... I never saw the original movie but I did watch the trailer recently and it seems like the show is true to the concept. I loved the first season of Deadwood but it turned into an annoying soap opera after. HBO had a bad habit of doing this in the past but their recent shows have shown a less pandering direction.

It’s Less Shakespearean acting, more action and less romance than Deadwood. Lots of brothel action like Dwadwood. About 30% of the show focuses on the behind the scenes stuff that makes Westworld tick (robot build and repair) and the corporate machinations of some of the characters.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I was making a joke that you called it Westwood, instead of Westworld. :)

Xerobull likes this.
  3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Yes, I loved it, but it doesn't pass the BS meter. None of that matters though when nearly every episode is packed with intense action, violence, and hotties getting railed. The show had some great characters too.

Forgot to add Happy! - that show is nuts, but good.

Entropy and Xerobull like this.
  4. Xerobull

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Oh, me.

5. Xerobull

I'll put this at the top of our action show list to watch when I get drama'd out. I'm a lucky guy since my wife likes action and **** blowing up.

6. heypartner

Is the Asian hacker on Banshee the best hacker character ever in TV/Movies? Certainly the funnest for me.

RunninRaven, Kim and arkoe like this.
  7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Story progressively fell off each season. That said that is how I felt every season about Banshee:

K1lyx2UZRDy.gif

Kim likes this.
  8. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

9. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

About five or so years ago, someone posted on here an action mini-movie that some guy created that was ridiculously over-the-top on action. I was actually pretty entertaining...but for the life of me, I can't find the thread, the video name, or anything. I know that's not much to go on...somewhat like Al Bundy looking for the name of a song. Any help???

FrontRunner and Kim like this.
  10. heypartner

Bright Falls ?

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Gonna have to bust out my box dvd set of this show. Only thing that pisses me off of those discs is that beginning theme song isnt the same as the one we all know. Its weird and I dont know why they changed it.

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

Strike Back.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

My guess, it's that Russian clip filmed on a go-pro that turned into the movie Hardcore Henry

Interesting enough to kill time, but if you don't like it 15 mins in, it aint getting better

boomboom likes this.
  15. boomboom

Supporting Member

Very close. I remember this one now that you've given it a name.

What I'm thinking of was pretty over-the-top. I remember a guy (or gal) standing in the middle of the screen (similar to a Mortal Combat video game sequence)...and the bad guys were running at him and he was taking them out left and right and they started piling up to a ridiculous level. It wasn't so much a first-person type view as what you get with HH. Good memory call, though!

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Kung Fury?

boomboom and donkeypunch like this.
  17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I figured it had something to do with the rights to the song, so I looked it up. It did:

Removal from the DVD boxset
    The North American Married...With Children DVD box sets from Season 3 onward do not feature the original "Love and Marriage" theme song in the opening sequence and ending. Instead, it was replaced with a generic instrumental piece.

This was done because Sony Pictures was unable to obtain the rights to the theme song, due to the high cost of licensing the music.

Due to the music being replaced, several episodes on the season 4 DVDs were the edited for syndication version instead of the originally aired episode.

Despite this, the end credits on the DVDs for season 3 still include a credit for "Love and Marriage".

The song is still intact in the syndicated version episodes that are shown on television, although shortened, omitting the final lyrics and couch gag associated with it.

Restoration to the re-issued DVD sets
    In 2013, Mill Creek Entertainment obtained the rights from Sony Pictures to re-release the DVD sets and restored "Love and Marriage" to the opening and ending, as well as using all of the originally aired episodes for season 4 that were affected by the original removal.

As of 2015. all 11 seasons have been re-issued on DVD with "Love and Marriage" intact.

https://marriedwithchildren.fandom.com/wiki/Love_and_Marriage

donkeypunch likes this.
  18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Kung fury.

boomboom likes this.
  19. boomboom

Supporting Member

Nailed it!