1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Plowman, Jul 13, 2018.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It is as genuine as South Korea 2 Germany 0

tinman and daywalker02 like this.
  2. topfive's_gf

topfive's_gf Member

I don't have time to read the whole thread but I'm gonna go with yes.

EDIT: read the thread. Stay strong @Plowman, real Clutchfans got your back. Pay no mind to these faceless a-holes on here. ;)

#62 topfive's_gf, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not much to add with my amateur doctoring, but those blood pressure numbers are absolutely ER worthy. Systolic of 220 is stroke territory, though that might be compounded by agitation at having to rush to the ER, your general discomfort, etc.

You are right to be very concerned, if nobody has said that to you yet. I'm normally the type of person who's first reaction is, "ignore it and it will go away" and I would be taking action to resolve it.

I'm glad the aspirin is helping with the sweating, but keep in mind that the aspirin is just suppressing the symptoms, not actually fixing anything.

Please keep us updated, if anything happens - hopefully when you resolve it.

Zboy, Plowman and Yung-T like this.
  4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Hope you recover soon.

Have you looked into insurance aid via State?

You should qualify.

Also, since it has been weeks and you have no solution at hand, anxiety is probably adding to or making your symptoms worse.

Yung-T and Plowman like this.
  5. Exiled

Exiled Member

adequate time frame to have the plasma metanephrines test

Nook likes this.
  6. esketit

esketit Member

yes thats a great point. the anxiety is probably amplifying this x3

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want to give all that have put forth offers of help, advice, comfort, and love, a big embrace. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

As for those that have chosen to attack me when I'm at my weakest, I can take it. And, I'm not going to respond anymore You know not what you do. If I can forgive the man who took my Mother's life, I should be able to find it in my heart to forgive you. At the very least, just ignore it all.

So, I'm laid up in my room feeling like Hell, still........

But, I've come up with one other possible factor/cause that should perhaps be given some serious merit.

Upon my Mom's death, 18 years ago, I was prescribed a very high dosage of Klonopin (long before it was widely abused), which I've taken since. I take a drastically lower dosage now, but it's still part of my life. Now, around the time that these symptoms started, I went in for my usual refill, and was notified by my pharmacist that they couldn't get the specific generic brand that I've been taking for 10 years because the two factories had stopped shipping it. Before this, when my largess knew no bounds, I took the Roche brand. After that, I took a couple of different generics for about a year until I was switched on to one that I had a severe allergic reaction to. Thereafter, I took this, specific brand that my pharmacy can't get anymore. (they would order the whole box just for me).
    Everyone's ideas, and my own desperation has gotten my mind to clicking... and all the symptoms I'm experiencing are consistent with Klonopin withdrawal. I'm pretty sure I'm onto something, but alas, I'm just a layman (Or should I say plowman : ) )....Perhaps the filler, or the levels are so different that I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms. Maybe a combination of factors, with this being at the heart. Not sure of my next move.

#67 Plowman, Jul 14, 2018
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you considered the alternative medicine path?
    acupuncture, Chinese herbs, yoga etc

weed?

Daddy Long Legs and Plowman like this.
  9. Roscoe Arbuckle

Last time I did weed I freaked out. Highly discourage, man.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

lol. Definitely your reaction is exactly the same as how everyone else would react.

Good luck to you @Plowman. Being stuck in the hospital with no new information is no fun. I hope they figure it out and that it's something easy to fix.

eric.81 and Plowman like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good vibes sent your way, Plowman. A someone who's had his own on-going medical issues for years, you have my heartfelt sympathy. At least I have good insurance, thank goodness. I wish everyone in this country did. As a nation, we still have a long way to go on that front. I hope your illness is diagnosed soon. Not knowing what's really going on must be maddening. In my mid-20's, I passed out at work and ended up at a Houston hospital, where for two days they thought I had cancer. After more tests, they figured out that it was a relatively common problem typically affecting people in their 50's and up, not someone around 25, which was how they ended up on the wrong track for a while. That scared the living hell out of me. I certainly don't envy you, Plowman. Good luck! :cool:

#71 Deckard, Jul 14, 2018
  12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks Deck : ) ...Sorry you had to go through all that, and continue to battle other issues. Glad to hear that things are mostly in control, from the sounds of it.

Yeah, it's been quite a trip...I used to have insurance and the best medical care...Now, I've experienced what many deal with.

#72 Plowman, Jul 14, 2018
    Deckard and daywalker02 like this.
  13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Prayers and well wishes for you!

Plowman likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Plowman look into government aid for medical insurance. It sounds like you may qualify. It would great improve your quality of care.

Plowman likes this.
  15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

My dad was on methodone for 25 years and last month he decided to quit cold turkey to avoid dependence for the rest of his life. Lyrica is a semi-safe drug to use instead of methodone so he started experimenting with that and he had VERY similar symptoms as the ones you are describing. Doctors are working with him to taper down his dosage...withdrawal is a hell of a thing. I wish you luck my man

Plowman likes this.
  16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Prayers are with you. Get well

Plowman likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

California has health insurance for the poor. One of the benefits of the crazy state taxes there.

Zboy, FranchiseBlade and Plowman like this.
  18. TheresTheDagger

Just saw this thread.

I'm not a doctor and don't have much to add to help with diagnosing this, but I sure get being scared. I'm 53, (so about the same age) with no health insurance and symptoms of things that scare the **** out of me sometimes. I get what must be going through your mind. I wish you well and am sending prayers your way. Keep the faith and stay calm. You have a lot of folks rooting for you!

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Sorry to hear that you’re going through some rough times @Plowman! I don’t know you personally, but I still consider you a friend! And as a friend, I strongly encourage you to ignore the negative comments. All of us at some time in our lives have done/said things that later on in life we truly regret! I’m not pointing fingers at anyone, I’m just speaking from experience.

As far as your health issues, I’ll be praying for you, and I encourage anyone with an ounce of faith to do the same!

Don’t stop plowing brother!!

(P.S.) I didn’t give you a like. Just felt too weird doing it in this thread!! There’ll be other opportunities in the future though!;)

Yung-T and Plowman like this.
  20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Every state should have health insurance for the poor.

We are not some dirt poor third world country.

No one should have to go through what Plowman is going through right now, in dire need of healthcare but not receiving help due to fear of medical bills.

Plowman, AroundTheWorld and Yung-T like this.