1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey Yao Ming! You are pissing me off!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by adagio75, Aug 26, 2008.

1. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

I'm not a Yao only fan and I didn't bother to finish reading your elaborate post about how much you dislike - no loathe Yao's comments. My reply to you is that you need to be more transparent. You haven't walked his shoes and do not know where it is coming from. Stop the ignorance.

2. Bustnani

Bustnani Member

LeBron: Gold Medal Win Bigger Than An NBA Championship

LeBron James was a key reason why Team USA won the gold and that it is the pinnacle of team achievement for the superstar.

"It's the biggest thing for me ever," said James. "I got to the NBA Finals, and I thought it was pretty big for me. But winning an NBA championship never would compare to winning a gold medal for my country."

-I wonder if Cavs fans are gonna start b****ing aswell, quit being so xenophobic and just accept that the Olympics>NBA

3. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

Lebron too?

4. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

One thing for sure. I am pretty sure HOUSTON does not represent the good old US of A. That is beyond any comprehension and is as basic as ABC. Now, you can think like that, it's YOUR opinion. I love the Rockets and my wife can atest to that. But I am not above knowing its still entertainment.

Sure, Yao would love to win the NBA Championship. But hey, it happens every year and it proves, what, you had the best team that year and you got a ring.

Man if China medaled in men's basketball, it would have been the biggest news there, it would surpass all the golds in diving, the mens gymnatic, etc. Why? because the team had no right to medal and it didn't in the end.

That U S mens hockey team back in the 80s, that one that beat the mightly Russians, that was a magic. If Yao lead them to medal, it would have the same feeling in China, greater. That' how important it was to the country and to Yao.

Yao has even commented on having no reason to go back to china during the breaks next season so it's entirely possible he will be 100% focus in the task at hand, winning a NBA Championship. It's his primary job now. Representing China for the Beijing Olympics was his primary job before.

Are you happy now? Go Rockets!

5. Dei

Dei Member

The Chinese one makes more sense.

6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

The different between playing for your country and NBA Championship is pride and self accomplishment. Winning for your country is the pride that can change and shape the way people view about your own race...whereas winning NBA championship is just an individual self accomplishment!!

Now ask yourself which is more important...my answer is it depends on who you ask. If you ask mostly Americans...of course they want to take self individual pride greater than anything because they were brought up that way...they're living in a competitive society where everyone's goal is fighting to be the best. They don't look at share prosperity and share accomplishment as important as others do. If you ask someone like Yao or Ginobili...they're going to tell you that share accomplishment are more important than individual pride...and that's what society SHOULD BE!! Now winning NBA Championship does have share accomplishment such as with your teammates and fans and city...ect...BUT it is NOTHING compare to share prosperity with the entire race!!!

With that said...I understand truely what Yao was saying but i also know that when the season start...he's going to do everything he can to win Championship. It's just a different goal...but still an important one to him. So as fan, i don't worry about what he said...and i don't worry if he's going to give it 100% on the court because he will...so therefore, i think this thread is a waste of time.

7. dback816

dback816 Member

Lebron too !?!?

We should totally kick guys like Lebron and Yao out of the NBA

What a disgrace these people are

Shameful, just shameful

8. MacFu

MacFu Member

What? Y a o M a n i a . c o m? ROFL. If you have read my past posts, you would know how r****ded you are to say that. You got owned so the only thing you can do now is to label someone a Y O F? You are weaker than water, girl.

9. soysauce

soysauce Member

You have to understand that international players grew up watching the dream team started playing basketball seriously because of them. They grew up dreaming of winning the gold and standing on the podium with the national anthem playing in the background as a child. Now the players that play in the NBA grew up watching Jordan winning those championships and getting the glory while in the Olympics they just demolished everyone while not even playing seriously. Kids in the states cared more about winning a ring rather than gold because it used to be so easy winning the gold that it was expected.

10. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

I can understand the OP's point. I agree with Yao saying that these olympics and his country are the most important thing in his life...However, for him to say that life is over now really sucks...He could show the Rockets some love since they are paying him millions of dollars, and show the city of Houston some respect too because we have all embraced and welcomed Yao and his family. He should have said, now that I have accomplsihed my long life goal of playing for my country in the olympics hosted by my country, I can now accomplish another challenge in life and win a championship with the Rockets. How about giving a shot out to all his loyal fans in Houston that pay to see him play and pay to eat in his restaurant! Shame on Yao! :D

11. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

I don't have to label you as anything. Your responses speak for themselves.
    and btw, what's up with the "name calling" and "insults"?

isn't this what you said eariler;

Looks to me that someone is a hypocrite here.... or are they just trying to use "Macho Therapy"?

12. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

If I was asked as a fan who i'd rather see when a championship...the Rockets or Team USA. I would say the Rockets...no question. However, if I was asked who I'd rather win a championship for. I would say Team USA...no question. I spent four years in the Marines and have a huge amount of pride for my country(as Yao obviously does as well). I feel Yao on his comments and know that even though it sounds like he doesn't have heart, I know he will be working as hard or harder than anyone else to win a championship.

13. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

14. MacFu

MacFu Member

My posts speaks for themselves? What have I said that make you imagine I am a Y O F? Quote it for me. Man up and do it now. Don't take long.

If you can read, or if you will just stop lying and pretending that you have misunderstood what I said, my beef is with your name calling.

This is your very first post in this thread:

I would call that a reasonable post if you have not mindlessly started the r****ded name calling and insulted the other posters.

Now, give me the quotes which prove I am a Y O F. I challenge you to do that. You have resorted to the desperate tactic of mindless labeling and so you asked for it. Don't run away like a little girl (which you have been acting like one) again.

15. MandM's

MandM's Member

sit down and shut up

16. mig0s

mig0s Member

Well said.

NBA is about money. Yao is trying to make up something for the country where he grew up, for the people who encouraged him. What's wrong with that?

Topic starter, you fail.

17. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

You truly need a life if you feel betrayed because Yao was proud to play for his country. Doug Collins said it best, one of the reasons the U.S. men's basketball team have fallen in the last few years is because players put more of an importance on winning an NBA championship then a Gold Medal.

18. RocksMillenium

I was Rockets fan before Yao was a Rocket, so your post is idiotic. And so was the person who started this thread.

19. RocksMillenium

So is this how you and other posters on this board justify ripping Yao. If anyone defends him you're a "Yao-only" fan. :rolleyes: Newsflash, I, along with a lot of other people defending Yao, were on this board when Barkley was playing for the Rockets and the infamous "Damon Stoudemire is a Rocket" post.

20. RocksMillenium

So you're saying that Yao is a bad employee for representing his country in the Olympics? :rolleyes: