1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey, yall. I'm back, and need a hand.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ballerboy001, Aug 31, 2015.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

OP from what I remember was actually a pretty nice guy and entertaining poster here a few years ago.

But it's quite clear to most people that he's going about things quite inappropriately. Not exactly how a grown man should handle his business. Though obviously understandably there's no easy solutions or answers to what's going on with other aspects of his life; the sick family members and all.

Not working and attending a for profit college are absolutely the wrong decisions. I hope he realizes this. But at the moment it seems like he just has a very warped view of a lot of things.

If he's being sincere and not just trying to scam people out of money, best of luck to him and I hope he figures it out.

2. PeppermintCandy

One of the hardest lessons that I learned about life is realizing that whatever *****storm I found myself in was most likely of my own making.

It took me about seven years in my 30s to really come to grips with this fact and accept it, because every fiber of my being was looking for outside validation or reason to make sense of my turmoil.

It was truly humbling when I finally owned up to my responsibility in the mess I was in, but it also allowed me to build myself back up in a way that was authentic and on a firm foundation.

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

So who gave this guy $20

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I just went to the bathroom and saw "you suck" scribbled on the wall. If the company is going to treat me like this after almost doing 10 years here I might just walk out.

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Prayers sent your way.

6. davidio840

How much do you need? I assume you will start a gofundme.com account soon so we can pay your bills and support your family since you are obviously deeply affected by the slander on the bathroom wall at your place of employment.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Currently in the process of setting it up. I have decided as a present to myself in order to lift from out of this oppression to attend ja rule driving college by devry. I hope to one day be in a FIA Grands Prix.

1 person likes this.
  8. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Where else can you get ja rule to teach you driving?? Whatever the cost follow your dreams! Think of the networking opportunities!!!

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

DO NOT send that letter.

1) It comes off very casual, like you're writing a BBS post. It needs to be professional and straight forward. Just lay out the facts.

2) However much you feel like your reasons are legitimate, it comes like you're just whining and making excuses. Weak excuses.

Presumably, the letter is meant to convince people to give you a second chance, or something. And if there were racial tensions that made you uncomfortable, fine. But don't make vague allegations. And nobody cares about people on a bus or graffiti at a gas station or your brother getting out of prison or your sexuality.

Lines like these should not be in your letter.

Tone is way to casual and not wanting to be a "snitch" doesn't help your case at all.

No, just no. This letter is about you, not you ranting about some other school. Tell them why you didn't finish the class and that's it.

As already pointed out by others, this is a weak excuse. It might feel like a strong reason to you, but it's not going to with other. It doesn't help you, don't bring it up.

What? You don't know what the third course was? Sure sounds like you got your stuff together. /sarcasm

Again, way too casual. You don't need to be quoting your brother. They don't care.

If you want to bring up an unsupportive family/home life, fine. But it's not about your brother being in prison. It's irrelevant. Don't bring it up, certainly not twice.

TMI, dude.

Again, way too casual at the end. You shouldn't have to be told not to add "which sucks" in parentheses in a letter you're sending to colleges.

And what's with all the extra exclamation points? You shouldn't even have one exclamation point in that entire letter let alone a bunch of them strung together. Be professional.

Look, if you thought you were being discriminated against and that's why you stopped going to classes, then fine, bring that up. But also accept some responsibility. Admit that you didn't know how to deal with it and that you handled it the wrong way (by not talking to someone). Then convince them that you've matured and that you'd handle the situation differently today. Do not bring up how hard it was to get to school, where you worked, or what people said on the bus. It doesn't matter. That's just making excuses. So is graffiti at a gas station.

And if you're going to throw out charges of racism, you might want to give actual examples. You say you observed how he treated white kids differently. OK, how? And don't give weak examples or excuses. If you stopped going to class because you felt you were being discriminated against, you need to prove why you were justified in feeling that way. You don't want to give the impression that you're one of those guys who cries "racism" when something doesn't go their way.

If you had a rough home life, fine. You can bring up how your family was unsupportive of you and ridiculed you for trying to go to school. You can bring up caring for your special needs brother, the time commitment involved, and maybe even being forced to move. But you really don't need to go into much more detail than that. You don't need to bring up that your brother was in prison or the sexual advances. Just emphasize that a lot of things started happening at the same time and that you were overwhelmed and couldn't handle taking care of everything at the same time. Maybe even bring up how you were diagnosed with depression (if you were diagnosed) and you just didn't know how to handle everything. But again follow up with why things are different now.

But one question. You said you fell ill when you were at the community college, but you didn't mention that in your letter. Why?

2 people like this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I would be more sympathetic to you if you had seen this written in a stall of a building entirely unaffiliated with the one you work in but is located within a 10 mile radius.

Were that the case I would advise you to leave immediately (without even telling anyone why; you're no doubt too distraught to talk) and hire the best lawyer airing commercials during Maury.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I just took the "Red Pill" and I can't wait to see where this fable ends! ... :eek:

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Much respect for that reply. Repped.

ballerboy001, you seem like you're heading towards anything radiating positivity as a distant light source. You don't have to pay a for-profit university for that. All that stuff Nelly said in your vid can be found in new age positivity groups. Life coaching is an actual skill people try to sell. Wait he's supposed to be a professor, or just someone you pay to stand and admire? That feels like you're finding therapy in the wrong places.

As another person wrote, sound engineering market is hard and unless that school has some guarantee they'll help you with at least one break or even have some industry accreditation, you're getting an art degree with low chances of networking. Many are self-made. Many are still unknown and hidden. It's good that making music makes you happy, but if being a successful musician makes you happy, throwing money into that isn't going to fill that gap.

There are plenty of people who will share their experience for free, provided you show determination, thought, and passion, rather than entitlement and a quick excuse of failings other than your own.

Experience to me has been mostly about learning from failures. If you run away from them, that kind of experience doesn't prepare you for things that can't be taught in class.

Good luck and I wish you success.

#112 Invisible Fan, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Patraeon

That is all

14. Nook

Nook Member

WTF I just dropped a deuce at the Tiffany's restroom on the Gold Coast and saw "filthy breeder" written in block lettering above the stall latch. Balderdash!

15. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

I need a gofundme for clutchfans rep. I need a bigger green penis.

1 person likes this.
  16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I really feel like you're just piling on here.

OP saw the hate scrawl at a petrol station on the way to college. He turned around, went home, and never ever went back.
    You saying you saw it while already at work just smacks of desperation....

17. davidio840

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. He was having a good time at the expense of the OP asking for money and how this was handled, he has every right to. There's been helpful post here as well, especially cannonball's, in which he clearly took the time and effort to provide great advice. Granted that advise is common sense for all educated people and even a lot of people that don't have educations.

However, the way this was conducted by the OP and the desperation without acknowledging the real issues are the problem. Everyone has problems and hard times in life. Regardless what your background is. Life isn't a game nor is it easy. In fact it's harder the older you get. You have to be strong and learn from your failures. Not use them as an excuse to get a handout.

I mean a smart person would get a degree (not from a for profit college) to ensure they can get a decent job and provide for themselves and family. Going to a nelly school isn't going to teach you **** about life or give you anything to fall back on.

18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I've used GoFundMe for a special needs' basketball league as well as for medical bills, and as much as I want to help you out, the story and sequence of events is very confusing. I'm reading through this thread hoping for clarity. I'm a hiphop junkie and I admire your ambition, but maybe you should consider rewriting your campaign for transparency purposes. Basically, I think we'd all help you out if your campaign was easier to understand.

I mean this with all respect and I hope your health issues are improving. Lymphoma and I have fought for years.

I will check back in here and your GFM page.

Best of luck and prayers up.

Edit: I should have read everything in its entirety in the first place. This is beyond sketchy. The discrepancies and "TMI" moments are tougher to handle than basketballholic's signature. And, who donated 20 bones to the GFM page? That could have been used to buy the uncut version of Nelly's "TipDrill" video ;)

Really, though, all jokes aside, I hope everything works out for OP.

#118 Codman, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Edit: I took the time to read everything. This whole solicitation for help just has too many inconsistencies and inaccurate justifications to warrant donations.

I sympathize with the OP because of the pure desperation of wanting to be the next Jermaine Dupri. Somehow, that ambition is cluttered with mildly offensive language, incoherent anecdotes and, well, excuses.

Unless I misunderstood everything, it would be difficult to donate to your cause.

You can fix yourself up through different avenues of support. As for your health and personal tragedies, my condolences.

Sometimes, hitting rock bottom is what you need for a rebirth.

And please, remove that Instagram picture. This isn't a French Montana moment. :) (I kid, I kid)

Good luck.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You're not really citing industry research, though, you just happen to have chosen a field that you can learn individual professionals about by watching television and listening to the radio. It's a roundabout and subconscious way of rationalizing or trying to craft value or a sense of achievement out of years of consuming pop-culture. This for profit college is banking on that name recognition attracting a larger number of applicants and revenues than their other majors, these guys' instructional involvement is probably limited to promotional use of their name: basically an appearance fee. It's plainly obvious you're not seeking out trade or industry publications, road-mapping topics, training guides or books, researching job titles, career paths (the stuff you do for years or decades before Pitbull hears your demo), particularly as it relates to St. Louis or nearby job markets.

Even graduates with popular but seemingly conventional courses of study: finance, law, graphic design, learn soon enough that their interests and ambitions aren't that unique among millions of other student and job-seekers, and unless their talent or pedigree is, they won't get anywhere near that field and will have wasted the last possible chance in their life to improve their work prospects and standard of living simply by picking the right major, and putting in a reasonable amount of library time for 4 or 5 years.