1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey, yall. I'm back, and need a hand.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ballerboy001, Aug 31, 2015.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You know what my dream job is? Getting paid to talk about sports or to report on sports. Or to be an actor.

What do I do? I work in accounting/finance. Get a competitive degree and put food on the table. I tell kids that all the time. Pursuing your dream is very cool but unfortunately hopes and dreams doesn't pay rent/mortgage.

Good luck, OP. You seem like a cool guy.

#41 sammy, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How does one get money at a truck stop? Being an overnight stocker?

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Holy ****ing lol

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

If you read post #30 carefully, you will get the idea.

5. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Is this real life? Turning tricks at a truck stop? Take yourself seriously if you want to get taken seriously.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Truck stops are in desperate need of men's bathroom assistants.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I contributed.

Remember me when you become big one day and return my contribution at 50% compounded rate.

Good luck.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I can see that. Their bathrooms typically aren't in the best of shape, so having a young man there to provide you some personalized service would improve the experience.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I contributed to the previous thing (funeral for his mom, supposedly).

I now got an unsolicited mail for this thing here from gofundme. Apparently, if you begged successfully once, it's like a blank check to spam all those who donated previously, for a totally different cause, and beg again.

Definitely not contributing to this thing here and I do not want any further e-mails from this guy begging for money.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

This sounds so sketchy.

11. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Hey, I can't blame anyone for not donating or saying it's sketchy. I'm used to people not believing me, even when I'm being honest.

Love the "overnight stocker" comment, though! LMAO. And the bathroom assistant is gold!! :grin::grin::grin:

ATW, I was grateful for your donation a year and a half ago. I didn't mean to offend by mailing you again. Have a great day.

I've been far too honest in this thread to complete strangers, but such is life if you want to be successful in showbiz.

To those sending good vibes, I appreciate it. To those sending negative vibes, I appreciate it. If everyone nodded their head in agreeance, I'd become overconfident.

Thing is, I believe. No, I don't believe in miracles, but I believe it's possible to raise 250 a week for 5 weeks. It'd have been much easier if I had a job of some sort, but again, when you have to take care of a 24 year old with special needs, and also take care of a 32 year old that is disabled, your hands get a bit full.

I understand in this day and age, people are jaded. And yes, it looks some type of way that I've returned for a "handout". I call it seeking investors. Maybe the truckstop line was a bit extreme, but you have to understand the mentality is I'm willing to do whatever it takes within reason to accomplish this. It's too late to turn back. I've already signed the paper saying I'll have it by Week 5, or else I have to drop and owe 4200.

And yes, I get the "stay away from for profit colleges argument" but again. Where else will you find a faculty with this type of experience?

I appreciate you all for everything, Go Rockets; Super stoked for Christmas. I think we just may go all the way this year, long as Curry cools off.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It doesn't sound sketchy. It sounds like he's desperate, which is why he's here.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Jenny Mcarthy blew truckers, and look at her now.

14. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

I don't log on much, but I guess I can be put in the "weird thread" category along with SCK, paulftsk, etc etc.

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

If and when you make it, I hope this thread doesn't come back and haunt you. Your identity is far from annon with all the info provided by you and your go fund me page.

I aspire to be in the music business too. I'll own and operate a production and recording studio in Houston one day. But you won't find me on my knees at Love's or Pilot to make it happen. Lol jk

16. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Some of you people are dicks. Even if you aren't going to donate (admittedly I probably will not), even if you don't agree with the reasoning for this dude being in a bind, at least acknowledge the fact that he is in a damn bind with some minimal empathy. Geez. He's going through some ****. Keep the stupid comments to yourselves. I wish you the best of luck, bro.

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Typically financial aid is both rewarded and taken back through the school, and only if you've dropped soon enough to otherwise get a refund.

18. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

That reminds me, I need a hand too. I've been blowing through tons of coke and have turned to mainlining black tar the past few months and i'm almost completely out of all the money my parents gave me. I really want to pursue my acting degree at Academy of Art University, but my credit is too bad for a loan. I know my CF bros will throw a few hunneys my way. (((~*heartz*~)))

1 person likes this.
  19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Empathy requires the ability to see the sufferer's perspective, but if others had same set of options and resources while avoiding hardship through different or better choices, all they can offer is sympathy.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sorry, but I can't take you seriously unless you have a gofundme.com page.